Paul McCartney Australian Tour 2017 Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been touched on in the gigs thread but yeah worthy of its own. What a night, I'm still buzzing a bit. 40 songs, unreal playlist- particularly from Something to Hey Jude then kicking off the encore with Yesterday, Sgt peppers reprise and Helter Skelter, was just incredible. Helter Skelter the way it was deliberately so loose was great.

I went Tuesday night in Melbourne - only wished he played Jet like on Wednesday night, but that aside he played everything I could've hoped for.

The atmosphere was great, his anecdotes were good too and he really showed his sense of humour. Maybe SIA could take a leaf out of his book!

The band was bang on too, they've been together a long time and it showed.

Wonderful experience just to finally get to see Sir Paul and musically fine.

It didn't compare to any other concert I have been to, just from the aspect of finally seeing one of the Fabs performing. I loved all the Beatles and older solo / Wings songs, even those that weren't stand outs for me normally. One of the more moving numbers for me for some reason was You Won't See Me.... and of course Here Today.
It was a surprise to hear them do 'Foxy Lady' after Let Me Roll It. Live and Let Die was amazing. [Luckily someone warned me about that so I could prepare my sensitive ears ]. Mull of Kintyre was great, inc the Scotch College Band. Paul's patter was great, with some interesting stories about his musical history esp with the Beatles.
He joked about how he knew the crowd didn't want to hear his new stuff [ '.... but we're gonna play it anyway...' :) ]
Closing with the brill Golden Slumbers / The End was perfect.
When they fired the paper into the air afterward I said 'I wish I could get a bit of that.' It was all hovering and landing in the middle of the ground, not near us on the third level. But then a single piece of it fluttered right in front of me and I grabbed it and put it in my wallet.

When I call you up
Your line's engaged
I have had enough
So act your age
We have lost the time
That was so hard to find
And I will lose my mind
If you won't see me (You won't see me)
You won't see me (You won't see me)

I don't know why you
Should want to hide
But I can't get through
My hands are tied
I won't want to stay
I don't have much to say
But I can't turn away
And you won't see me (You won't see me)

Time after time
You refuse to even listen
I wouldn't mind
If I knew what I was missing

Though the days are few
They're filled with tears
And since I lost you
It feels like years
Yes, it seems so long
Girl, since you've been gone
And I just can't go on
If you won't see me (You won't see me)

Went to the second Melbourne show, and Sir Paul did not disappoint. 3 hours straight, no drinks break, belting out songs with gusto, was just a great performance from a legendary musician. If I'd gone the first night, I'd have done my best to get tickets for the second afterwards.

Went to the second Melbourne show, and Sir Paul did not disappoint. 3 hours straight, no drinks break, belting out songs with gusto, was just a great performance from a legendary musician. If I'd gone the first night, I'd have done my best to get tickets for the second afterwards.
In the presence of gr8ness. Glad you had the opportunity, many did not even realise.

Glad you had the opportunity, many did not even realise.

Telling (raving to) friends and colleagues over the past couple of weeks, many weren't aware he was out and sounded suitably jealous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back