Paul McCartney - 'Driving Rain'

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Fairly low-key. Paul McCartney's new album is out, it's called 'Driving Rain' and yeah, just picked it up today. :D Haven't given it a real good listen yet, just a basic run-through, although a couple of tracks have already become faves:

Lonely Road - Bluesy type sound, typical McCartney catchiness. Should be a single. Reminds me vaguely of 'The World Tonight'.

Freedom - Strong vocal, has that potential anthem feel. Hopefully will get some airplay. :D

I'll fully review the album once I've had a chance to sit down and have a really good listen. 'Flaming Pie', Run Devil Run and Off The Ground are all sensational, and Driving Rain certainly doesn't disappoint.

Does anyone else have it? Would love to hear other people's thoughts. :D

Originally posted by jod23
Got Flaming Pie, Run Devil Run and Off the Ground and will own Driving Rain soon. Would appreciate a bit of a review.

Okies will try and get to it tonight. :D It's very similar to Flaming Pie, but with the rockiness of Run Devil Run. Seems to me that age certainly isn't slowing Paul down. AND I believe there are some sounds on his site: http://www.paulmccartney.com so it might also be worth checkin those out. :D

Remind me, we must have a chat about Paul's albums sometime. :D (BIG fan :D)

Originally posted by lioness22

Okies will try and get to it tonight. :D It's very similar to Flaming Pie, but with the rockiness of Run Devil Run. Seems to me that age certainly isn't slowing Paul down. AND I believe there are some sounds on his site: http://www.paulmccartney.com so it might also be worth checkin those out. :D

Remind me, we must have a chat about Paul's albums sometime. :D (BIG fan :D)

I thought you were a religious Beach Boys fan....which would in turn make you despise the Beatles? You never cease to amaze me...:D

Originally posted by jod23

I thought you were a religious Beach Boys fan....which would in turn make you despise the Beatles? You never cease to amaze me...:D

No I am actually a life-long Beatlemaniac, believe it or not. :D Try me, I can pass ANY test. :D I just prefer their earlier stuff is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back