Paul Roos comments on Nick Davis interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I notice in the book he just had published he described him as the smartest footballer he ever coached saying that he picked up everything, including set plays quicker than anyone else. Also said he was incredibly talented.

From memory we got Bo Nixon for him.

Were we ripped off? Compare this to having to give up two first round picks for Treloar. I really rate Treloar but that is a high cost.

I notice in the book he just had published he described him as the smartest footballer he ever coached saying that he picked up everything, including set plays quicker than anyone else. Also said he was incredibly talented.

Were we ripped off? Compare this to having to give up two first round picks for Treloar. I really rate Treloar but that is a high cost.

No, Bo Nixon was even smarter, more talented and picked up set plays at an even faster rate. Probably the best player to have ever played the game, in my expert opinion.

Nick Davis under performed for all the talent he had; could have been a great mid. Perhaps things came too easy for him?

In terms of the trade this is what the club said at the time

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/11/28/1038386260363.html
"The 23rd pick won't be a bad one, but I don't think it equals his value. Nick has been a terrific player here; he played with courage and he is a likeable lad, but we are bitterly disappointed over those issues and that he hasn't recognised that this club has done a lot for him," he said.

Last edited:

No, Bo Nixon was even smarter, more talented and picked up set plays at an even faster rate. Probably the best player to have ever played the game, in my expert opinion.
Look on the bright side, we traded Bo & pick 7 to Hawthorn for pick 10.

Won't mention they used pick 7 on Jordan Lewis and we used pick 10 on Chris Egan:rolleyes:

I think he was a late first round pick maybe. A spud nonetheless.

We had no choice with Davis, he wanted to leave.

Won't mention they used pick 7 on Jordan Lewis and we used pick 10 on Chris Egan:rolleyes:

Tut tut we did get a big arsed wombat ahead of Lewis in as well. Chad Morrison :oops:

It demonstrates the mastery of MM that we could make absolute cluster * decisions like this and the mids on Pavlich yet he still coached in 5 GF's during his time!

Living in the past this thread

Welcome to Collingwood. I was really hoping this would evolve into a thread about him joining the FD, but alas.

Ah, that's right That's where I know that player.
Became a star for Hawthorn.

(Shhhh about Chris Egan our star)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't "Boof" (Nicks dad Craig) at the swans before Nick arrived? I feel like he had experience of living in Sydney as a kid or something like that. I think he wanted to get back to the Sydney lifestyle as well as escape Mick's regime.
One of the most gifted kids you'd see play the game, he read play so well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back