Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Welcome to the season 1 thread! In case anyone forgot, these are the rules.

-Minimum of 3 draft picks used by each team in the annual draft each season
-Players eligible to be drafted each season are those selected in the NAB AFL draft, the Rookie draft, the pre-season draft, any players in the free agent pool at the end of the previous season and any category B/international rookies.

Scoring will be as follows:
9 categories which will be weighted as:
2 points awarded for winning the following categories: Kicks, handballs, marks, hitouts, tackles, total score
1 point awarded for winning the following categories: frees for, frees against, goal scoring accuracy %
All captain's statistics will be doubled, vice captain's statistics will be doubled if a team's captain doesn't play

- At the end of the regular season the top 8 sides will playoff in the finals in the same format as real life.
- There will be no cap on the number of list changes in the off season/during the draft period, there will however be a cap of 10 free agency moves during the season.
-Trading during the season is allowed, there is no cap on trading, you may trade at any stage in the year except between 24 July 2017 and the grand final.
-Future draft pick trading is allowed for one season ahead only.

For anyone not already in the league who's interested, there is currently no one on the wait list so feel free to stop in and say hi and put your name up top. I'm sure some managers will leave at some stage...

2017 Results

2017 grand final -

Reggie's Rabble defeated The Bottles Rockets 8-6

Congrats Reggie!

League medal

1. P Dangerfield
2. Z Merret
3. T. Mitchell
3. T. Adams

Managers currently registered

deeman87 - Truck's Troopers
TheDarkDwarf - Riders of the Blue
Striker475 - Lewis & the Traitors
iluvparis - Idnutinher
FRROST - Metung Meerkats
Stoney - Stoney's Superstars
Coney - Dempool FC
tenderwarrior - Tenderwarriors
Drew23 - Daniel's team
reggie - Reggie's Rabble
BILC - Bachar Houligans
Zim^zuM - Lolern Bulldogs
Dignan - Bottle Rockets
Thommo333 - Thommo's Tigers

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Draft picks traded for 2017

-TenderWARRIORS 1st round to Viney's Troopers
-The Bottle Rockets 1st round to Viney's Troopers
-Tenderwarriors 2nd round pick to Bachar Houligans
-Bachar Houligans 4th round pick to Tenderwarriors
-Stoney's superstars 1st round pick to The Bottle Rockets

Draft order

Round 1

1. Bachar Houligans
2. Viney's Troopers
3. Dempool FC
4. Thommo's Tigers
5. Daniel's team
6. Viney's Troopers (via Tenderwarriors)
7. Lolern Bulldogs
8. Lewis & The Tragitors
9. Idnutinher
10. Riders of the Blue
11. Metung Meerkats
12. The Bottle rockets (Via Stoney's Superstars)
13. Viney's Troopers (via The Bottle Rockets)
14. Reggie's Rabble

Round 2
15. Bachar Houligans
16. Viney's Troopers
17. Dempool F.C
18. Thommo's Tigers
19. Daniel's Team
20. Bachar Houligans (via TenderWarriors)
21. Lolern Bulldogs
22. Lewis & the Traitors
23. Idnutinher
24. Riders of the Blue
25. Metung Meerkats
26. Stoneys Superstars
27. The Bottle Rockets
28. Reggie's Rabble

Round 3

29. Bachar Houligans
30. Viney's Troopers
31. Dempool F.C
32. Thommo's Tigers
33. Daniel's Team
34. TenderWarriors
35. Lolern Bulldogs
36. Lewis & the Traitors
37. Idnutinher
38. Riders of the Blue
39. Metung Meerkats
40. Stoneys Superstars
41. The Bottle Rockets
42. Reggie's Rabble

Round 4

43. TenderWarriors (Via Bachar Houligans)
44. Viney's Troopers
45. Dempool F.C
46. Thommo's Tigers
47. Daniel's Team
48. TenderWarriors
49. Lolern Bulldogs
50. Lewis & the Traitors
51. Idnutinher
52. Riders of the Blue
53. Metung Meerkats
54. Stoneys Superstars
55. The Bottle Rockets
56. Reggie's Rabble

Round 5

57. Bachar Houligans
58. Viney's Troopers
59. Dempool F.C
60. Thommo's Tigers
61. Daniel's Team
62. TenderWarriors
63. Lolern Bulldogs
64. Lewis & the Traitors
65. Idnutinher
66. Riders of the Blue
67. Metung Meerkats
68. Stoneys Superstars
69. The Bottle Rockets
70. Reggie's Rabble

Round 6

Last edited:

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Just to clarify deeman87 - does that mean the 5 FA rule kicks in as soon as the draft is over?
Honestly, i couldn't tell you with 100% certainty but i think so. tenderwarrior is probably the one to ask for that. This is what the settings are set as for anyone that's interested. So it just says "Acquisitions per season" I assume the season starts as soon as we finish the draft but i might be wrong, someone add a free agent and find out...
Edit * Max acquisitions per week is also set at 5 not unlimited...
uf settings.PNG

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Lockout to be set at first sat game of each week please.....loophole galore otherwise
Hmmm. I have no problem with the loopholes it creates as it's currently set. I think it adds another coaching aspect to the game. What is everyone elses opinion on this? I'll go with a majority vote, currently 1-1. Just for those who can't be bothered thinking, as it's currently set it means you can edit your lineup for anyone who hasn't played their game yet. So for instance say it's Sunday morning and you have 7 players to play on Sunday still, you can swap any of these players for players on your bench who also have a Sunday game. So you might decide you're behind in score and bring on another goalkicker and bring off a high possession forward or play another ruck etc.

Pros: There is an extra element that means those who are paying attention to weekend games and to their matchup get an advantage to those who set their team and then don't login til Monday.
Cons: If you have a super busy weekend or don't want to be proactively involved, you might find yourself at a slight disadvantage to your opponent.

Feel free to list more pros and cons and if everyone who cares about this issue could chime in with a vote either way. Cheers

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Con: I put my saturday players on the emg list then swap out other players if the emg do well.
That's another strategy. It has the risk of back firing as if you do that and then there's a late withdrawal on Sunday you get donuts because your emergency has already been used. Also run the possibility of the player you take off doing better than the emergency whose stats you've chosen to take. So it's another judgement call and another element of coaching/more player involvement rather than just plug and play on Fri night/Sat morning. If both managers can do it i think it's fair game.

FRROST

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2009
Richmond, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Kings
REMOVE ANY POSSIBILITY OF LOOPOLE.

Lock out Friday 7pm.

AFL teams don't have the opportunity to switch players at half time.

Selecting your team before 7pm Friday is a must, you have emergencies for the very reason of a late out (as do afl teams). Sunday teams are confirmed Friday 6pm so if you are unsure on a player not making the 22 for their game on Sunday then try and get online Friday arvo... or ensure your EMGs are all playing.

FRROST

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2009
Richmond, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Kings
Also, can we get a forum group pinned to the 'Other Footy Games' forum = "Paul Roos Cup"

Rather than having multiple threads? Like BFFL and other ongoing keeper leagues do... I think we will be a strong long lasting group.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins

Lock out Friday 7pm.

Selecting your team before 7pm Friday is a must, you have emergencies for the very reason of a late out (as do afl teams). Sunday teams are confirmed Friday 6pm so if you are unsure on a player not making the 22 for their game on Sunday then try and get online Friday arvo... or ensure your EMGs are all playing.
Haha ok, so that's a strong anti loophole sentiment there 3-1, i am losing this debate at this stage it seems. If we are to have a lockout there will still be an occasional loophole when there's a Monday or Thursday game, that's unavoidable. for the other groups, do we have any mods in here? Striker475 is that something you could arrange? (Pretty sure he's quite busy atm) I'll try to get a mod to give us a folder Frosty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lock out Friday 7pm.

^^^^^^^ This, very emphatically.

FRROST

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2009
Richmond, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Kings
Question regarding Captain selection. Can we make the 'VC' come into play if the 'C' plays less that 75% of the game?

I understand and EMG is used if a player gets less than 35% of game time (an injury basically, or in old day the Vest).

But in a captains case, I'd hate for Sheil to do his hammy in the third and miss 10+ Disposals (+ other cats)... could really hurt the captain stats. Just food for thought, not sure how much the 'C' helps towards winning games but just thought I'd open the discussion.

Haha ok, so that's a strong anti loophole sentiment there 3-1, i am losing this debate at this stage it seems. If we are to have a lockout there will still be an occasional loophole when there's a Monday or Thursday game, that's unavoidable. for the other groups, do we have any mods in here? Striker475 is that something you could arrange? (Pretty sure he's quite busy atm) I'll try to get a mod to give us a folder Frosty.
Ehh, I'll ask the question.

On the selection loophole - honestly, giving people just an hour to sort their teams on a Friday night is pretty rough. Personally I'm a fan of individual game lockout, but given the consensus I'd at least like a Saturday morning lockout, I don't want to be spending 20 minutes every Friday night reviewing my UF team.

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
STONEY'S SUPERSTARS TRADE OFFICE -

Looking for; A good ruckman OR ruck/fwd (any age)
Looking to trade; Elite youth, draft picks

Jacob Weitering - Pick #1, 2015
Tim Taranto - Pick #2, 2016
Jacob Bowes - Pick #10, 2016
Jacob Berry - Pick #17, 2016
Todd Marshall - Pick #16, 2016

Stoney's Superstars 2017 1st Round Draft Pick
Stoney's Superstars 2017 2nd Round Draft Pick
Stoney's Superstars 2017 3rd Round Draft Pick

Pm me if interested.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Can we do rolling lock-out for Thursday and Friday games, but full lockout Saturday midday or something like that? I think I have been in another league that did this - otherwise, I am happy with the Friday night lockout - teams announced Thursday night, gives 24 hours to get the teams sorted.

FRROST

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2009
Richmond, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Kings
Understand the Friday issue and would be happy for a full lockout Sat morning.

This does leave us all open to a 'C' & 'EMG' loophole.

Would everyone place their friday night players as EMG and then hope a few have rippers... then bring in non-playing players in each position where EMG dominated. With squads of 44, this is pretty easy to do as no team will have 44 playing players unlike SuperCoach, where it's much harder to play the EMG loophole.

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
My preference is for the lock out to occur at the start of the Friday game.

If we have a loophole availabile for the odd Thursday game, I'm not too phased. But all teams (including Sunday teams) are announced at approx. 6pm on Friday nights, so I don't see why we'd keep the lockout open after the Friday night bounce.

Thommo333

Senior List
Jan 6, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Thommo's Tigers Trade Table
Players I'm willing to trade:
S. Gibson, S. Grigg, D. Beams, N. Graham, J. Thomas
What I'm looking for: Players who are good in the marking and scoring categories and midfielders of similar level

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
With the extended bench, i prefer lockouts to be saturday, before first game as Drew has already said. Having a friday night loophole can make things a bit exciting and also allow for tbe change Saturday morning of the player who on Thursday was in the team but is now an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back