Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2017/2018 off-season thread

How many free agents can be picked up during the season?

• Unlimited

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so no one has a fit like some of the more precious players did last year - how many free agents can we sign over the season? Still 5 or did we increase to 10 so you battlers can churn through the free agent pool until you fluke a good one? :p
Speaking of waivers... Warriors have taken Oscar McInerney as the first FA selection.. Who else bid on him? I assume somebody else must of as I am now 14th on the RFA list :)

I probably should have taken him with Pick 62 in the draft, so was glad he was still there at the end of the draft. He should play AFL at some stage this year, and has probably (maybe) superseded Archie Smith as the current heir apparent to Stefan Martin...

No doubt iluvparis feels it is a wasted pick, but time will tell :p

Speaking of waivers... Warriors have taken Oscar McInerney as the first FA selection.. Who else bid on him? I assume somebody else must of as I am now 14th on the RFA list :)

I probably should have taken him with Pick 62 in the draft, so was glad he was still there at the end of the draft. He should play AFL at some stage this year, and has probably (maybe) superseded Archie Smith as the current heir apparent to Stefan Martin...

I don't think that's how the RFA priority works man, if you grab someone while they're on waivers you immediately go back to the bottom of the queue. Whether someone else bids, makes no difference.

I don't think that's how the RFA priority works man, if you grab someone while they're on waivers you immediately go back to the bottom of the queue. Whether someone else bids, makes no difference.
Yeah I can't remember, not that it matters! It always feels like a better get if you 'bested' another coach in the process though :p

No wonder you need 10 picks a year.

This is why a 5 limit is good - you need to be punished for just blowing picks like this

No wonder you need 10 picks a year.

This is why a 5 limit is good - you need to be punished for just blowing picks like this
McInerney is already a better pick up than a couple of the recycled hacks you drafted in late.. ;)

Oh, and I voted for 5 FA picks.. 5 is more than enough.

Lucky for you there isnt a maximum amount of draft picks we can use at the end of each season looking at the age profile of your team - the national lawn bowls squad has a younger average age :p

McInerney is already a better pick up than a couple of the recycled hacks you drafted in late.. ;)

Oh, and I voted for 5 FA picks.. 5 is more than enough.

Lucky for you there isnt a maximum amount of draft picks we can use at the end of each season looking at the age profile of your team - the national lawn bowls squad has a younger average age :p

Rosa will end up looking a hall of fame pick relative to McAverny whose over/under career games line i've set at 3.5

Lol we have 15 votes in a league of 14.....hmmmm
Interesting. Well regardless, as the vote sands now 5 pcks wins anyyways. If it was 1 Vote different, I may neeed to another but at this point we're good.

Rosa will end up looking a hall of fame pick relative to McAverny whose over/under career games line i've set at 3.5
Lmao! Interesting over under, I'll take the over :p

Interesting. Well regardless, as the vote sands now 5 pcks wins anyyways. If it was 1 Vote different, I may neeed to another but at this point we're good.

I voted for 5 but... shouldn't the votes for 10 and unlimited be added together, as 10 is closer to unlimited than 5?

Or are those who voted unlimited just as happy with 5 as they are 10 :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted for 5 but... shouldn't the votes for 10 and unlimited be added together, as 10 is closer to unlimited than 5?

Voting for unlimited is like voting for Ralph Nader in a US presidential election - you deserve to throw your vote away

Nah. The vote is still open til end of Feb. If those who have selected unlimited want to change their vote to 10 they can do that. I don't really mind either way, 5 or 10 seems right. I actually kind of prefer it limited, coaches have 44 player lists, i don't want people picking and choosing constantly from. F.A, it undermines the draft. IMO, lists should predominantly be built with trading and drafting.

Nah. The vote is still open til end of Feb. If those who have selected unlimited want to change their vote to 10 they can do that. I don't really mind either way, 5 or 10 seems right. I actually kind of prefer it limited, coaches have 44 player lists, i don't want people picking and choosing constantly from. F.A, it undermines the draft. IMO, lists should predominantly be built with trading and drafting.
I think having 5 has proven to work well in the other league. I think the FA list is an important aspect of a league, but having too many selections does cheapen it... for mine, it isn't about the draft being weaker, but about there being little value on the ability to pick up a FA if you have a heap of picks to spend. For me, there is nothing better in a dynasty league than picking up a FA that goes on to become a gun!

I think having 5 has proven to work well in the other league. I think the FA list is an important aspect of a league, but having too many selections does cheapen it... for mine, it isn't about the draft being weaker, but about there being little value on the ability to pick up a FA if you have a heap of picks to spend. For me, there is nothing better in a dynasty league than picking up a FA that goes on to become a gun!
Yeh, i think it's more fun this way too and as .you said, picking up a gun off the wire is very satisfying. I also forces to people to actually think about their decision/make plays similar to one I did with Paris last year. Blew all my FA picks by round 8 or so and ended up having to trade. I'm going to be a lot more conservative this year, will be lasting until at least round 10) :p

Interesting read.

M Boyd still clearly the worst pick in the draft. A top 20 pick for 10 games = yuck! Well played Paris.

Goldstein at 6 and Hickey 57 both need big seasons to repay the faith.

Dusty at 42 and Zorko at 77 probably the two best picks at a glance.

Yeah I think Goldie at 6 is looking equally as bad as my Boyd pick

Dusty at 42 looking vomit worthy in hindsight - what where we thinking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back