Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2019 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors looking forward to see Josh Corbett debut this arvo, looks a likely type. Wooller won't be far away from a debut either given his NEAFL form either, so exciting times for the forward line! However with Gunston and Ziebell currently outside the best 22, it will take some good form to break into Warriors Best forward line 🙂

My defenders are dropping like flies, what was my teams strength at the start of the year has turned into a possible donut if i lose anymore of them. Looking to trade a forward or draft pick for a defender. Even if it's just a minor depth defender.

My defenders are dropping like flies, what was my teams strength at the start of the year has turned into a possible donut if i lose anymore of them. Looking to trade a forward or draft pick for a defender. Even if it's just a minor depth defender.

I might be able to assist you with a couple of options. Looking more for forwards.

I was wondering who you were after. He has good SANFL stats, especially for a ruck
Yeah and i really need a 2nd ruck. They're the hardest position to trade for which is why i've stocked up on young rucks so much. One year i will learn how to not burn through all my F.A picks by round 7. I also stupidly traded Fort since he looked well down the pecking order, still may not be a regular but he certainly did well last week. But i mean so did Preuss his 1st game for us and 2 weeks later he was back in the 2nd so who knows but would've been a good stop gap while i wait for one of my many non-playing rucks to develop/recover from injury. Naismith should've been back by now which i was counting on but foolish of me to count on a coming off a knee reco a year ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to the topic of the upcoming mid-season rookie draft, i'd like to float the idea of the league running a similar draft. So what i'm proposing is all 14 teams have 1 pick, the draft order is reverse ladder order like normal. Now if people want to have the draft and my vote is to have the draft, we could do it a few different ways. The draft would be a slow draft offline so a draft in this thread over the course of half a week-a week.

Option 1) The first is to only allow players drafted in the real life rookie draft in the draft pool, this drastically reduces the prospects available and may increase trading along with a bit more strategy in regards to the possibility of trading wire pickups or future picks for a rookie draft pick. My vote goes to this option

Option 2) The second option would be to allow all free agents in the pool at the time of the draft as well as those selected in real life to enter the draft in the hopes of finding a new home.

Option 3) No rookie draft is held and it's first in best dressed on the rookies when they're added to the free agency pool with them counting towards your 5 adds for the season. This option doesn't particularly suit the bottoms sides, teams low on F.A picks, or those who have super busy lives.

Can Everyone please nominate which option you're voting for...Cheers :D

In regards to the topic of the upcoming mid-season rookie draft, i'd like to float the idea of the league running a similar draft. So what i'm proposing is all 14 teams have 1 pick, the draft order is reverse ladder order like normal. Now if people want to have the draft and my vote is to have the draft, we could do it a few different ways. The draft would be a slow draft offline so a draft in this thread over the course of half a week-a week.

Option 1) The first is to only allow players drafted in the real life rookie draft in the draft pool, this drastically reduces the prospects available and may increase trading along with a bit more strategy in regards to the possibility of trading wire pickups or future picks for a rookie draft pick. My vote goes to this option

Option 2) The second option would be to allow all free agents in the pool at the time of the draft as well as those selected in real life to enter the draft in the hopes of finding a new home.

Option 3) No rookie draft is held and it's first in best dressed on the rookies when they're added to the free agency pool with them counting towards your 5 adds for the season. This option doesn't particularly suit the bottoms sides, teams low on F.A picks, or those who have super busy lives.

Can Everyone please nominate which option you're voting for...Cheers :D
Just realised there weren't even enough prospects to do a 1 round draft so cancel this idea haha. When the newbies get added to the system i assume they'll be restricted free agents so that will do. :D

Pity - I thought a mid season draft would be cool. Even though I don’t know who anyone is.
That was my thinking too, but only 13 players were drafted and there's 14 clubs so unless everyone wanted to include the whole free agent pool it isn't really viable. But if an overwhelming amount of people come out and say they want it then i'm open to it but judging on the lack of responses i think there's probably a sense of apathy about it which is kinda fair considering there's a few hundred players available in the F.A pool currently and as you say no one really knows who most of the rookies drafted are. :think:

Yeah they are just rookie listed players as well right? If they were for full list slots it might have some merit. I'd be leaning towards option 2 though and letting the whole free agent pool get opened up for that 1 pick.

Anyone else have free agent transaction numbers left? Very had to fill a full line up each week with so many injured players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Teams that have maxed out their free agent pickups are myself, Flaps, Bowski, Zim & you. Everyone else has at least 1 add left.

Anyone else have free agent transaction numbers left? Very had to fill a full line up each week with so many injured players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Patience is a virtue ;)

Happy to receive some draft picks from those desperados who have used up all their transactions and want someone on the waiver wire (I pick them up then trade them to you in exchange for draft picks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back