Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2021 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks NoPositiveTests!

I see both points, I would rather err on the side of complete fairness however. I got the player I wanted which is nice but would also be aggrieved if I happened to be at work/busy during the brief period the players were available. Freo_4eva please follow suit when you get the chance.

I can't even blame UF, it's just an awkward part of the game at the moment.

I've delisted him, but I can't say I agree. It wasn't "first in best dressed" as Flaps suggested. At least 4 coaches, and i'll wager more, bid on players. Players were given according to waiver priority order. It was advertised on social media by ultimate, and we all knew the mid-season draft had just been.

I mean, just cos they make a post on their socials, doesn't mean we all check it right?

It's not so much that there were a quantity of coacheswho probably put in priorities for them, it's just that it's a bit unfair to expect us all to be hanging by a thread waiting for UF to make the move. We can probably all agree they're not the best at responding to industry news (though I'll admit they've gotten better), ie. West Coast vs Richmond players still say they're on a bye this week.

I think more to the point, we just want the league to remain as fair as possible. If that means a matter of waiting a few more days til the weekend, then I think that's an easy solution.

I mean, just cos they make a post on their socials, doesn't mean we all check it right?

It's not so much that there were a quantity of coacheswho probably put in priorities for them, it's just that it's a bit unfair to expect us all to be hanging by a thread waiting for UF to make the move. We can probably all agree they're not the best at responding to industry news (though I'll admit they've gotten better), ie. West Coast vs Richmond players still say they're on a bye this week.

I think more to the point, we just want the league to remain as fair as possible. If that means a matter of waiting a few more days til the weekend, then I think that's an easy solution.
I don't think this needs to be made a bigger issue than it is, but how is this any worse to picking up free agents during the week? I can't tell you how often i've seen a report that "Obscure player with fantasy potential" set to be named soon, and by the time i've logged on to ultimate, someone has beaten me to the punch. Or a player has been named at 6:20, and someone has pounced first. Those really are "first in, best dressed". I could argue it's unfair on those who don't have as much time during the week to monitor the news, but i don't have an issue with that. This at least had advanced notice and a bidding process. On par IMO whenever there are a round of position changes every 3 rounds, except this had much more publicity, we all knew the draft was on. I've been planning for weeks to get Edwards.

I agree though it was certainly unusual for ultimate to react so quickly.

I don't think this needs to be made a bigger issue than it is, but how is this any worse to picking up free agents during the week? I can't tell you how often i've seen a report that "Obscure player with fantasy potential" set to be named soon, and by the time i've logged on to ultimate, someone has beaten me to the punch. Or a player has been named at 6:20, and someone has pounced first. Those really are "first in, best dressed". I could argue it's unfair on those who don't have as much time during the week to monitor the news, but i don't have an issue with that. This at least had advanced notice and a bidding process. On par IMO whenever there are a round of position changes every 3 rounds, except this had much more publicity, we all knew the draft was on. I've been planning for weeks to get Edwards.

I agree it doesn't need to be a big issue.

We can agree there's some value difference in the mid-season draftees over the usual waiver pickups though, right? My only issue is the timeframe in which the players are added, and then released via the waivers. Which as pointed out, half a day really isn't much.

could also argue post draft when undrafted players first become free agents and added to the player pool they are“restricted free agents” and waiver priority comes into the play for the first few days, and these new guys get treated the same and they become restricted for the first time the enter the player pool.

waiver priority is supposed to be A big deal in draft leagues in any code. Their is supposed to be an advantage of holding onto your waiver spot. Since we were not given the opportunity to draft these guys in a draft then waivers is the only thing that makes sense. It’s the closest thing we could have to actually having a mid season draft.

Guys firstly the reason these players were able to be added was that i had a setting set incorrectly so apologies for that. These guys should never have been able to be added on the weekend without waivers so Bowski's reversal is absolutely right.

It's all sorted, now lets talk about our trade. Curnow fills me with Dread but I need a power forward.
Haha yeah i weighed up the likelihood of him ever getting back to being a consistent dominant fantasy fwd and decided i preferred the 2 B/Fwd depth options for finals not to mention being able to produce some score from my backs. GL w Curnow hes your problem now.

Haha yeah i weighed up the likelihood of him ever getting back to being a consistent dominant fantasy fwd and decided i preferred the 2 B/Fwd depth options for finals not to mention being able to produce some score from my backs. GL w Curnow hes your problem now.
He's a risk that's for sure. If he was one year older I wouldn't bother but I'm hopeful he can salvage some sort of career in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe I made top 4 after losing my first 3 rounds and several more games after that.

The Wise Guys probably won’t make much of an impact this finals but it will be a valuable learning experience for the young side.

I choked. Haha

Not just you, but half the top 8 had a shocker. I was happy to make too 4 but a little sad as my draw is now troublesome. I was planning on finishing 6th, knocking at SarahSmiles (based on result 2 weeks ago) and riding that wave. Instead the next fortnight looks like chaos and I’ve asked Bowski to launch a tanking enquiry into the weekends strange results.

Not just you, but half the top 8 had a shocker. I was happy to make too 4 but a little sad as my draw is now troublesome. I was planning on finishing 6th, knocking at SarahSmiles (based on result 2 weeks ago) and riding that wave. Instead the next fortnight looks like chaos and I’ve asked Bowski to launch a tanking enquiry into the weekends strange results.
We're becoming more and more like the real thing. I'm so proud.

A couple of teams have stopped updating their lists which is a little disappointing. My team is struggling through, over the last couple of weeks a few of my bigger names have gone down higgins, williams, mills and dusty.

Hopefully the top 4 possession getters for 2021 can carry the team over the line like they have most of the year (Mitchell, wines, macrae, laird).

Goodluck for finals everyone.

A couple of teams have stopped updating their lists which is a little disappointing. My team is struggling through, over the last couple of weeks a few of my bigger names have gone down higgins, williams, mills and dusty.

Hopefully the top 4 possession getters for 2021 can carry the team over the line like they have most of the year (Mitchell, wines, macrae, laird).

Goodluck for finals everyone.
Think you got it covered.

Can’t believe I made top 4 after losing my first 3 rounds and several more games after that.

The Wise Guys probably won’t make much of an impact this finals but it will be a valuable learning experience for the young side.

the first rounder I got off you was looking really good early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back