Paul Roos Lg. Paul Roos Cup - Ultimate Footy Dynasty League - 2022 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you make the sqads bigger and the next few FA picks teams make they don't need to delist? I have never ran a UF league so not sure how it works.
Yeah im pretty sure i can do that, its really the only way we could increase list spots now. Have something of a free agency draft where RFA priority is the order. If ppl would like to do that we can, otherwise we can just add more f.a adds for the year, or we can do both. Weigh in ppl...

Yeah im pretty sure i can do that, its really the only way we could increase list spots now. Have something of a free agency draft where RFA priority is the order. If ppl would like to do that we can, otherwise we can just add more f.a adds for the year, or we can do both. Weigh in ppl...

I’m happy to go either way or change nothing. All I’d want is for any change to line up with the waiver period so people have a chance to bid.

I’m happy to go either way or change nothing. All I’d want is for any change to line up with the waiver period so people have a chance to bid.
Of course, RFA priority is the only way to do it, if we were to do the list spots it wouldn't be until next week so everyone is aware of the changes and can prepare. I'm not too fussed either way so I'll let everyone else decide

Ok so my suggestion is to do both in terms of list spots and f.a acquisitions. Suggesting we add 2-4 list spots onto lists to be done via restricted free agency and add an extra 5 f.a acquisitions for the year. The players added for the empty slots wont count towards your f.a acquisitions. If anyone has any tweaks let me know and if anyone has any input on whether its 2 or 4 list spots to be added please shout out as i havent made a decision and im torn between playing depth and leaving the free agency pool bare.

Ok so my suggestion is to do both in terms of list spots and f.a acquisitions. Suggesting we add 2-4 list spots onto lists to be done via restricted free agency and add an extra 5 f.a acquisitions for the year. The players added for the empty slots wont count towards your f.a acquisitions. If anyone has any tweaks let me know and if anyone has any input on whether its 2 or 4 list spots to be added please shout out as i havent made a decision and im torn between playing depth and leaving the free agency pool bare.
I'm happy with either 2-4 list spots extra - looks like it might help with covid outs being a pain. A 14 team league makes it difficult to have any more than 4 without diluting the free agency pool.

By the way, looking forward to being part of this league and getting to kick all your a.....s in the years to come;). I've changed the creampies team name to Puppy Power.

2 extra lists spots and a total of 10 FA picks for the year sounds like the best option, as it will not strip the FA list as much

2 extra lists spots and a total of 10 FA picks for the year sounds like the best option, as it will not strip the FA list as much
You read my mind good sir. Additional list spots will be added at the conclusion of round 3 so everyone has a week to read this.

not sure why we need to increase when the "40" was an error but I'm in!
True actually, i dunno are teams struggling to field lineups? We could always just wait and see how the season goes and if we think we need the extras, we could look to line this up with the mid-season draft, im open to suggestions.

True actually, i dunno are teams struggling to field lineups? We could always just wait and see how the season goes and if we think we need the extras, we could look to line this up with the mid-season draft, im open to suggestions.

This sounds good. Do nothing but review mid season.

deeman87 our game is going to be very close I think. Lots of cats’ still up for grabs, with both sides having 2 players left. Good luck.
Yeh its damn close! I just finished up a family dinner and thought the games were finished and I'd won then realised the Saints game is still early. Silly Perth time. 🤨 GL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with whatever decision is made but my vote would be not to extend the squad. Part of the challenge of this game is drafting some guns for the future and some mediocre players that are playing right now so you can field a team. Bad luck with injuries (and covid these days) will always be part of it, just like it is in the real thing

I'm ok with whatever decision is made but my vote would be not to extend the squad. Part of the challenge of this game is drafting some guns for the future and some mediocre players that are playing right now so you can field a team. Bad luck with injuries (and covid these days) will always be part of it, just like it is in the real thing
Tx for your input Reggie, I'll make a decision by Wednesday, just gonna give ppl a few more days to weigh in if they so desire.

I'd personally prefer to just keep it the way it is. I think we all could've / should've planned for COVID outs by now.

I don't think adding another 2 spots per list would change anything to our weekly lineups.

The other side of it is if there's 2 players per team added, that's 28 players gone from the FA pool. Given there's only 175 players there, and only a total of 33 players have actually played in that FA list, it would kinda make the whole idea of signing/delisting during the season redundant. It's already a diluted pool. I don't think we need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to just get a couple of players each. Doesn't really sit well with me but happy to hear others thoughts.

Also bumping up the signings to 10 doesn't really make sense if we're all just going to be taking players that aren't playing. That's potentially up to 140 signings a season across the league, when there's only going to be about 150 players left if we're all potentially taking two each as covid players.

Tx for the input guys, for now I think bumping up the free agent signings is the right move, however no list spot changes will take place just yet but im reserving the possibility to make such changes later in the season around the mid season draft or if it looks like its neccesary. But for now just bumping free agent signings to 10 per team for the year.

I'd personally prefer to just keep it the way it is. I think we all could've / should've planned for COVID outs by now.

I don't think adding another 2 spots per list would change anything to our weekly lineups.

The other side of it is if there's 2 players per team added, that's 28 players gone from the FA pool. Given there's only 175 players there, and only a total of 33 players have actually played in that FA list, it would kinda make the whole idea of signing/delisting during the season redundant. It's already a diluted pool. I don't think we need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to just get a couple of players each. Doesn't really sit well with me but happy to hear others thoughts.
You're argument makes a lot of sense, especially after examining the quality (?) of the current FA pool.

Happy to give it a go in this league when available.
Also, spare team in 3rd year Keeper Dynasty League is still available, so you'd be most welcome. Similarly, the team has some serious rebuilding to do, but does have some class acts like Touk Miller. League is category based, 1 point for ff and fa, 2 for most others and 3 for tackles and marks. 45 player squads (up from 40 last year as covid insurance), allow 8 free agent signings for year, but special allowance of additional 5 for this year for this team if used within a week of taking over team.
Keen if you still need an extra mate

Anyone got any interest in a trade for Oscar Allen, Eric Hipwood or Jack Higgins? Looking for a decent back in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back