Rumour Paul Roos to Collingwood in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood is the epidemy of a boys club.

Eddie appointed Buckley without due process. The board are all Eddie yes men (and women).

Buckley appointed his best mate Sanderson to the coaching staff.

Former players always seem to get jobs.
Scott Burns is an assistant coach. Tarkyn Lockyer is still kept on in the VFL staff despite him failing as a VFL head coach. Anthony Rocca has a job relaying messages from the bench to Bucks in the coaching box. Chris Tarrant works in marketing. Simon Prestigiacomo runs the club shop.

The fact that Pert is CEO of the club and Roos' best mate means it is highly plausible that Roos is considered the front runner to take the reigns from Buckley.
Bloody hope your right

The reason why Roos was a good fit at Melbourne was because before he came on board the club was a disaster area. It was devoid of leadership and culture, the players had gone through the tanking issue and then had to endure Neeld. The place was an absolute mess both on and off the field. Roos' job was to basically rebuild the culture of the club, winning was actually irrelevant.

The reason why Roos isn't a good fit for Collingwood is that there current issues aren't anywhere near as dire as we were. I don't think Roos' game plan stacks up anymore, there's nothing really wrong with their culture or list they just need a decent coach who understands the modern game and knows how to manage people.

Ooooo ooooo ooooo if we don't make that call first I'll be mighty pissed Eddie!

As for the first quoted, WTAF? If it ain't as dire, then it should be half the job!

Maybe nut job Thompson can finish the season off! At least we would get a look at more of our players! He won't play favourites, or leave out the lepers (yes, I'm very pissed off about Cloke)

Ooooo ooooo ooooo if we don't make that call first I'll be mighty pissed Eddie!

As for the first quoted, WTAF? If it ain't as dire, then it should be half the job!

Maybe nut job Thompson can finish the season off! At least we would get a look at more of our players! He won't play favourites, or leave out the lepers (yes, I'm very pissed off about Cloke)

I don't think you actually read my post. Collingwood needs a coach who can put together a game plan to match clubs like the Doggies, Roos isn't that coach.

I don't think you actually read my post. Collingwood needs a coach who can put together a game plan to match clubs like the Doggies, Roos isn't that coach.
Yet old Ross Lyon, who only has one outdated game plan according to the online experts, has beaten the Doggies twice. I'm sure Roos is smart enough to do the same.

The first step is acceptence.
Collingwood are a massive pile of steaming dog s**t. Nobody in their right mind would try to deny that.
Good luck with it all, I sympathise.

Says the club that hasn't played finals for 11yrs, in the past few years lost to Geelong by nearly 200pts and only a few months ago by over 100. Admitted to tanking and then wasted those compo picks and countless other 1st rd picks with spud selections. But do go on please....

In defence of Buckley. That 2013 draft has been a coach killer.
Two top ten picks and neither has played.
If he got two guns then it would be a different story now.

In defence of Buckley. That 2013 draft has been a coach killer.
Two top ten picks and neither has played.
If he got two guns then it would be a different story now.
Scharenberg - 4 games, 3 LTI's and finally coming back from injury. Horrible luck for him and with no expectations from many of us, we're dearly hoping he can still perform. Many believe only Boyd was a better footballer back in 2013.

Freeman - was a disaster, wish we could have picked up McCarthy instead. Even if McCarthy left, we would have cashed in for two first rounders or nearly that. Better than a future 2nd which was half of Aish who won't make it.

Langdon - looked the goods early days but now has been struck with injuries and because of the misfortune suffered by our other draftees that year, I'm basically giving up on him.

Marsh - wasn't a massive loss but he would have been nice to watch and develop as a tall.

Fair to say our 2013 was cursed.

Seriously what would Roos have achieved in his coaching life that the AFL didn't buy for him?
He is educated enough to waffle on like a football genius on TV and thats about it.

agreed ^^ i couldn't think of anything worse to happen to collingwood then getting either roo's or lyon.

single handedly responsible for the most boring s**t for brains football i've seen in 25 years.

not that i think his gameplan would work in this day and age anyway but id rather lose then win using his tactics.

also he is only invested by cash if it all. If not sticking with Buckley , just find the right guy that would eventually take over the first time round and into the future.

keeping in mind everyone thinks roo's or clarkson or lyon etc is going to be our saving grace..

If they happen to lose a string of easy games we should have won it wont take long for collingwood people to turn on them and by then its too late we will as a club have commmitted to a long term over priced contract to pry one of these coaches away from their current roles.

and we will be in worse shape than we are now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most overrated coach in history, why would Collingwood set themselves back even further? They have a good crop of young players. I've heard Roos coaching mantra " defence wins premierships" what a load of bollocks!
You are actually entirely correct at least in the last 20 years or so the top defensive side has played off against the top offensive side in grand finals regularly with the best offensive side taking the prize the majority of times. So while yes it can win them its wrong to state it does, Ross Lyon is also good proof, close but always coming up short in the final dance. Personally I'm so happy to see that cluster $&*! around the ball disappearing and some genuine skills on display again rather than ball up, tackle, tackle, tackle, hack kick, ball up/throw in and repeat the cycle. Lately sides try that and they get carved up on the outside if that handball gets to an outside player. So much more attractive to watch the ball movement we've been seeing lately than the many recent years.

keeping in mind everyone thinks roo's or clarkson or lyon etc is going to be our saving grace..

If they happen to lose a string of easy games we should have won it wont take long for collingwood people to turn on them and by then its too late we will as a club have commmitted to a long term over priced contract to pry one of these coaches away from their current roles.

and we will be in worse shape than we are now.
Not possible

Tell me, why was Pendles benched for 15 ******* minutes? He's supposed to be captain, he's not injured, at least not enough to need a wheel chair

Says the club that hasn't played finals for 11yrs, in the past few years lost to Geelong by nearly 200pts and only a few months ago by over 100. Admitted to tanking and then wasted those compo picks and countless other 1st rd picks with spud selections. But do go on please....

Could be worse if we had figjam as our coach

The most overrated coach in history, why would Collingwood set themselves back even further? They have a good crop of young players. I've heard Roos coaching mantra " defence wins premierships" what a load of bollocks!
To be fair, he has sorted out Melbourne. And yes defence does win them. Names like Scarlett, Taylor, Enright, Mackie ring a bell?

He has managed to rebuild our list to the point where we can challenge for the 8. He also won a flag at Sydney.
You gathered plenty of early picks before he got there
and extra salary cap can give any team an advantage Brizzy 3peted when it had it

Not possible

Tell me, why was Pendles benched for 15 ******* minutes? He's supposed to be captain, he's not injured, at least not enough to need a wheel chair

Pretty obvious he's injured, if you can't tell that then you prob don't know footy too well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back