Rumour Paul Roos to Collingwood in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, he has sorted out Melbourne. And yes defence does win them. Names like Scarlett, Taylor, Enright, Mackie ring a bell?
Goals win premierships, Roos wouldn't know what to do with Scarlett in his team? He would be left floundering and aghast at the attacking style of Enright and Taylor. I reckon i could've sorted Melbourne out and come a lot cheaper too. The Demons got sorted at the draft table. Roos has a coaching record that is a bees dick over 50% win/loss with one flag by less than 2 seconds to get there and less than a kick to win. His protege Lyon is just as bad.

You gathered plenty of early picks before he got there
and extra salary cap can give any team an advantage Brizzy 3peted when it had it
We had a tanking culture facilitated through the Bailey and Neeld era where Connolly and Schwab ruined us.

Sure draft picks help, but they need a decent environment to play in. We never had that until Roos and Jackson came on board.

Goals win premierships, Roos wouldn't know what to do with Scarlett in his team? He would be left floundering and aghast at the attacking style of Enright and Taylor. I reckon i could've sorted Melbourne out and come a lot cheaper too. The Demons got sorted at the draft table. Roos has a coaching record that is a bees dick over 50% win/loss with one flag by less than 2 seconds to get there and less than a kick to win. His protege Lyon is just as bad.
Ross Lyon? Been to 3 flags since 09. Can't do much else as a coach when you lose by a goal and draw the following year. Also took Freo to their first GF.

Then you'd better throw your name in the ring to sort out Collingwood then.

Seriously what would Roos have achieved in his coaching life that the AFL didn't buy for him?
He is educated enough to waffle on like a football genius on TV and thats about it.
It's a pity education and genius are so lacking here, although the waffle certainly has been mastered.

I suppose you think he's the worlds luckiest coach. He flukes his way into two grand finals, wins one and then engineers his own retirement, only to be lured out of it by the AFL using truckloads of money as an inducement. Obviously no one at the AFL knows anything about footy, no one at the Swans did either, and all those people in the industry who rate him are nuffies as well. Why don't they all realise that bigfooty is where the real truth lies? They do a very good waffle there too.

He took Melbourne from 16th to 12th. Hardly a ringing endorsement
He took Melbourne from being non competitive to being competitive. We now have a list that can challenge for finals. 3 years ago that was inconceivable. You obviously have no idea the culture that existed pre Roos. He changed that. So yes, it is a ringing endorsement.

He took Melbourne from being non competitive to being competitive. We now have a list that can challenge for finals. 3 years ago that was inconceivable. You obviously have no idea the culture that existed pre Roos. He changed that. So yes, it is a ringing endorsement.

He has made moderate gains at best at Melbourne. Its not a particularly high bar to jump over to better than his predecessors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a tanking culture facilitated through the Bailey and Neeld era where Connolly and Schwab ruined us.

Sure draft picks help, but they need a decent environment to play in. We never had that until Roos and Jackson came on board.
Bailey was not to blame for that rubbish. You can thank his dickhead employers for that.

He has made moderate gains at best at Melbourne. Its not a particularly high bar to jump over to better than his predecessors.
Disagree. When Neeld left he left a bottom 4 wreck, we are now able to push into the 8 IF we play our best football. Our recruiting is significantly better, as is our culture. Jack Watts had a breakout year in 2016 - that's come from better coaching and management.

Say what you will, Roos was the catalyst for positive change.

Disagree. When Neeld left he left a bottom 4 wreck, we are now able to push into the 8 IF we play our best football. Our recruiting is significantly better, as is our culture. Jack Watts had a breakout year in 2016 - that's come from better coaching and management.

Say what you will, Roos was the catalyst for positive change.

There were a few other bottom four wrecks around the same time. Most have achieved more than Melbourne since then, including last years premier. Not sure how Watts finally showing some form in Roos final year is a sign of anything.

No doubt he was a catalyst for change and he helped turn the ship around to degree, but not by any degree that makes his achievements at Melbourne particularly noteworthy.

If there's a guy who knows how to fix our list - I think it's Paul Roos. Our players responded to his criticism more than they have responded to anything Buckley has tried in six years at the club. He knows how to build a strong list, make ordinary players very serviceable or better, play an entertaining style of footy (Melbourne 2016 was great to watch) and he does not panic in the off-season like Buckley, Pert, Balme and Allen do/did; he takes care of needs without making too much fuss.

There were a few other bottom four wrecks around the same time. Most have achieved more than Melbourne since then, including last years premier. Not sure how Watts finally showing some form in Roos final year is a sign of anything.

No doubt he was a catalyst for change and he helped turn the ship around to degree, but not by any degree that makes his achievements at Melbourne particularly noteworthy.
Fair enough. Try giving him a call, he might help you guys out.

I did. Connolly and Schwab were cancer. And they came from a cancerous culture at Fremantle.
Connolly and Schwab were the cancer, Fremantle has only improved since their departure. Melbourne supporters here were warned what to expect when they both ended up at your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back