Player Watch Paul Seedsman - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comment during his speech about hating playing football before coming to Adelaide too.
Listening to that speech made me think we’ve got a pretty decent thing going at the club

Just need to train up some things , give the right guys opportunities when they arise and keep going

We could do some nice things in next few years

Hope he gets back to some form of normality in retirement.

Great player.

If he is up to it, would be nice to see him given some sort of farewell at the game Saturday.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whole team should don the long sleeves for Seedo.

I did not last long before the tears flowed watching this, absolutely love the Seed and genuinely going to miss him play. I do love how he could still crack a joke amongst the sadness!
Damn Seeds is a funny guy! That joke about the medico touching him more than his partner did in recent years, was ace! 🤪

Seems like he gave it his all to try and get back on the footy tracks. Just wasn’t to be.

We knew this was coming, but now that he’s officially announced the retirement, it’s hit harder than I thought it would’ve

No person, let alone AFL player, deserves to go through this
This is correct, no one does deserve this. I suffered a life changing brain injury (stroke) almost 5 years ago. It’s by far the hardest thing I’ve been through in my life. Worse than marriage even… well maybe ;)

But these are young men having a kick of a ball and making a living for themselves and entertaining the fans. It’s not worth a permanent brain injury. It’s important to note that even concussion falls under traumatic brain injury. Multiple concussions are potentially multiple brain injuries. Don’t be fooled. Brain injuries never actually heal. The brain can grow new pathways and strengthen neuro connections, but brain tissue which is damaged is damaged for life and brain cells are unable to populate that area of the brain ever again.

Interesting comment during his speech about hating playing football before coming to Adelaide too.
Buckley used to call him Lez because someone at Collingwood thought he looked like a former woman with his haircut. I mean, guys all have their nicknames for each other, but that wouldn't have been nice to deal with on the daily from your boss. He was also on the outs of the side at the time. He was also a die-hard Collingwood fan. Him and Tom Lynch are the only good Victorians we've managed to lure over.

Buckley used to call him Lez because someone at Collingwood thought he looked like a former woman with his haircut. I mean, guys all have their nicknames for each other, but that wouldn't have been nice to deal with on the daily from your boss. He was also on the outs of the side at the time. He was also a die-hard Collingwood fan. Him and Tom Lynch are the only good Victorians we've managed to lure over.

Mark Stevens says hi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it makes you wonder how many players from the 90s and earlier had similar head injuries that meant they felt crook during the week all the time but just kept playing cos that's what you did
John Platten is presenting at brain injury awareness week on Monday about his brain injuries/concussions. It will be interesting to hear.

This is correct, no one does deserve this. I suffered a life changing brain injury (stroke) almost 5 years ago. It’s by far the hardest thing I’ve been through in my life. Worse than marriage even… well maybe ;)

But these are young men having a kick of a ball and making a living for themselves and entertaining the fans. It’s not worth a permanent brain injury. It’s important to note that even concussion falls under traumatic brain injury. Multiple concussions are potentially multiple brain injuries. Don’t be fooled. Brain injuries never actually heal. The brain can grow new pathways and strengthen neuro connections, but brain tissue which is damaged is damaged for life and brain cells are unable to populate that area of the brain ever again.
Thanks so much for your post Bovo and I hope you've recovered well. It's so good to see others who understand the severity and danger of TBI/Concussion. The bottom line is it often has a life long effect and nothing, absolutely nothing is worth that. (In fact I think even mild concussion can show lingering very subtle symptoms, particularly in executive brain function for a long time but I'm not going there). The thing that worries me about Seeds is he still has such overt debilitating symptoms after such a long time. I hope he compeltely recovers and goes on to a great post-football life with his family.

I can't imagine Borlase in a long sleeve. No sleeves could hold those shoulders.
ekpm2ekkss981.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back