Player Watch Paul Seedsman - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t happen in 2019....DMac still a lock for selection.

I've got my money on DMac for the Brownlow next year.

After all, with how the coaches said they wanted a team filled with him.. figure he's got to be pretty much a lock.

DMac is going to have a much tougher fight to remain in the regular 22 with the likes of Seeds, Greenwood, Milera, Gooch, Murphy looking to cement their spots for next year. Don't think DMac would be an automatic selection from 2019 and beyond. Also I'd have Douglas ahead of DMac if we're selecting on age factor, as Dougie is the more versatile player.
This is said almost every season. We can only hope that it finally becomes a reality instead of a fantasy.

I know he signed a new contract recently, but with Seed re-signing does Atkins become tradeable?

With Seed, Smith, Laird, Milera plus others like Gallucci fighting for wing/HB/HF spots could we use Atkins to improve our draft position?

Stoked at this re-signing; was a little worried as the season neared the end but we’ve done a bloody good job retaining our list.

McGovern, however...
Probably way off the mark, but McGovern could be as simple as him believing someone signing after him getting a better deal and being a bit jealous - especially if you believe you are a better player than them. Combine that with being injured and doing rehab for much of the year, enough to make anyone a bit unhappy.

I seriously doubt a major culture problem with the number decent re-signings this year and the number of positive comments they have made about their team on the announcements.

I cant wait to see all.of Laird, Seed, Milera and Smithers in the one team.

Probably the best HB/Wing quartet in the league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plus Atkins, I wonder if it's actually possible to have that many of those outside metres gained type players all in form at the same time or if the limited amount of ball available in a game means that you're only ever going to have one or two really up and about. And who that is might depend as much on gameplan and who we decide is the go to option as much as the quality of the player.

Plus Atkins, I wonder if it's actually possible to have that many of those outside metres gained type players all in form at the same time or if the limited amount of ball available in a game means that you're only ever going to have one or two really up and about. And who that is might depend as much on gameplan and who we decide is the go to option as much as the quality of the player.
Yep Atkins as well. Could include Gooch and Knights in that group. I personally see defensive/attacking Flankers and Wingers as similar roles and one unit. These guys are the prime ball movers from turnovers.

Whereas mids are the prime movers from stoppages in the way I see a team.

Of course the two groups work together and one guy can play both roles over a game.

And that issue you speak of is the issue we need to think about if one of them has a bad run statistically and the others fire up. As supporters maybe realise if Atkins is playing "poorly" with less ball but we are winning he is probably still doing a job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has he re-signed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

paul-seedsman_1dnvnn1gvf2501ppb7o69uqybx.jpg

Dancing to the song Walk Like An Egyptian by The Bangles

Everyone's whining about Sauce getting 200 - but let's congratulate Seeds on getting to his 100th!

(49 with Collingwood, 51 with us)

Good pick up, good to see him back in the team.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back