RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
I recall Caro Wilson earlier this year, saying there were whispers PV was being head-hunted at AFL House.

Onward and upward I suppose but sad to see him move on. What a legacy. Trailblazer.

All the best with the next chapter Pauly!
I looked up the Paul Vandenberg Port Adelaide Champion thread, and I wrote on 3rd September that Caro on her regular AA Thursday segment first mentioned the AFL were after him as the indigenous game development is the area the AFL are concerned about, and Pauly would take that component off of Tanya Hosch in her role as AFL GM of Inclusion and Social Policy.

My mate who knows Pauly well, told me on 3rd October whilst watching 2nd SF Gee v Coll, that Pauly spoke to him the previous day and that he had handed in his resignation to KT. 27th November the club goes public that he has left the club.

Seems a bit of a long process to go thru if he has got a job with the AFL.

Last edited:

Jojay

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I looked up the Paul Vandenberg Port Adelaide Champion thread, and I wrote on 3rd September that Caro on her regular AA Thursday segment first mentioned the AFL were after him as the indigenous game development is the area the AFL are concerned about, and Pauly would take that component off of Tanya Hosch in her role as AFL GM of Inclusion and Social Policy.

My mate who knows Pauly well, told me on 3rd October whilst watching 2nd SF Gee v Coll, that Pauly spoke to him the previous day and that he had handed in his resignation to KT. 27th November the club goes public that he has left the club.

Seems a bit of long a process to go thru if he has got a job with the AFL.
Perhaps it was about the optics for the club. Not wanting to announce his departure while our season was still alive. Also wanting to wait until after a few of the feel good contract extension announcements.

VineValerian

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Disappointed not to see Pauly in the "Top 100" list of influential sporting people in Oz on the weekend papers.
Think he deserved more recognition than a few higher profile people on boards of sports organisations because their firms contribute money to said sports, and who most likely don't do much for their sports anyway.
Former NBL basketballer and running one of the pre-eminent indigenous cultural/sporting programmes in the country for years.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
This appeared on my LinkedIn

View attachment 1029199
This morning I was talking to my mate who knows Pauly very well and does consulting work for him, and he said the Tjindu Foundation was set up to take on some of the indigenous programs the club decided to no longer support, mainly because of the Covid cuts. He wont be working full time for the Foundation, more he helped set it up for others to run full time, and will probably have a board role. He said Pauly and the AFL are still talking about a possible role with them.

I asked if McLeod's programs got their funding back if it could sit within this Foundation, and he said he couldn't see why not.

Remove this Banner Ad