Pauline Hanson Goes Bang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish she would go bang.

Her job is to create a media sh1t storm and get ratings, website hits, etc. Outrage causes it.

The fact people still get upset at stuff she and Sam Newman says, says more about the idiocy of the public at this point than it does those saying it. Stop giving it a platform and it goes away...only you can't. You just HAVE to post your outrage giving the media exactly what it wants, festering it more so they continue. Rinse and repeat. You're getting played

She is the court jester for a corrupt political system. When they need a scandal to take pressure of something real, she steps up. Sarah Hanson young is another, with the same role.

You should look outside of msm to see what's happening with those towers in Melbourne and how the residents are being held against there wlll by 500 armed cops

She is their creation,dancing with the stars was her rebirth
Just saying what the owners want with out them having to say it themselves and appear like total dicks
Its funny that back in the 90s she got dropped from the liberal party and criticised by the Herald Sun for writing a racist letter to 50/50 as well as by pretty much everyone in politics

Shows how much that paper has changed as well as our political landscape

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get her thoughts on stage 3 restrictions being reimplemented in Melbourne?
Since we will all be locked down and can munch on the popcorn.

Some quotes for those that are interested, as the title doesn't give all the context. Quotes pulled are what have been called racist and around the drug addict accusations. Personally I think Australia does need some sort of voice to push the boundaries both for the right and the left, and people willing to strongly challenge and ask tough questions for all views. However Pauline doesn't always articulate this well and sometimes goes too far in the way she expresses these views.

On drug claims:
“The fact is a lot of them are drug addicts as well, they are getting their medication, they are alcoholics so they’re being looked after in that way.
“They are actually getting paid extra money. Why are they getting paid extra money? For what? They are not leaving the premises.”
“Australian people have been locked up in their homes for ages. What are you going on about now? Because they’re locked up in their homes, because they live in apartment buildings, they live in apartment buildings, the Government has taken food to them, they get paid extra money, they are getting methadone, they are given the drugs, they are looking after their addictions, what is your problem?

On breaking the rules:
“A lot of these people are from non-English speaking back grounds, probably English is their second language who haven’t adhered to the rules of social distancing. They all used a lot of the same laundry,” she said.

“So the fact is you’ve got to look at why they are in that situation. Why is it they are in that situation? Why has the Government gone to this high-rise building and shut it down? Possibly because a lot of these people weren’t doing the right thing.

On English/people from other countries
“Is the Government worried about the other areas that are shut down? You know, the people in their homes, are they able to actually get out and buy the food as well? There has to be a reason why they have targeted this set of blocks, apartment blocks. Ask that question.”

“Why should we? Why should we put everything out in someone else’s language when you come to Australia,” she said.

“We should not be putting out literature in their own language. Learn to speak English when you come here to this country. That’s a big problem that we have in Australia.”

Some quotes for those that are interested, as the title doesn't give all the context. Quotes pulled are what have been called racist and around the drug addict accusations. Personally I think Australia does need some sort of voice to push the boundaries both for the right and the left, and people willing to strongly challenge and ask tough questions for all views. However Pauline doesn't always articulate this well and sometimes goes too far in the way she expresses these views.

On drug claims:
“The fact is a lot of them are drug addicts as well, they are getting their medication, they are alcoholics so they’re being looked after in that way.
“They are actually getting paid extra money. Why are they getting paid extra money? For what? They are not leaving the premises.”
“Australian people have been locked up in their homes for ages. What are you going on about now? Because they’re locked up in their homes, because they live in apartment buildings, they live in apartment buildings, the Government has taken food to them, they get paid extra money, they are getting methadone, they are given the drugs, they are looking after their addictions, what is your problem?

On breaking the rules:
“A lot of these people are from non-English speaking back grounds, probably English is their second language who haven’t adhered to the rules of social distancing. They all used a lot of the same laundry,” she said.

“So the fact is you’ve got to look at why they are in that situation. Why is it they are in that situation? Why has the Government gone to this high-rise building and shut it down? Possibly because a lot of these people weren’t doing the right thing.

On English/people from other countries
“Is the Government worried about the other areas that are shut down? You know, the people in their homes, are they able to actually get out and buy the food as well? There has to be a reason why they have targeted this set of blocks, apartment blocks. Ask that question.”

“Why should we? Why should we put everything out in someone else’s language when you come to Australia,” she said.

“We should not be putting out literature in their own language. Learn to speak English when you come here to this country. That’s a big problem that we have in Australia.”

Only really that last one is actually racist to be fair.

Which I think if put differently could still bring her point across. That's her biggest problem, it's how she says things and expresses her views.
Nah she's a racist bigot. All you're asking for is her to be a more articulate one

Which I think if put differently could still bring her point across. That's her biggest problem, it's how she says things and expresses her views.
What part of it is valid but could have been articulated better? How could she have said it better?

Many of the non-native English speakers in the towers are refugees; they're not international students from rich families or skilled migrants in most cases. They were re-settled in Australia because it was a safe haven willing to take them in. Offering the imperative that they need to learn English to come to the country doesn't make any sense when applied to people who come to Australia via its humanitarian settlement program.

With such people we need to be going further than putting out literature in their own language. Many refugees from poor, war-torn countries are often barely literate in their own language due to very little or no formal schooling. It's why driving the dissemination of information through community channels, utilising trusted leaders, is so vital. You can't just spread around a translated leaflet and expect that will get the message across.

Even Asian countries accommodate for English speakers who don't understand local language, what is wrong with accommodating language requirements for the communication of essential information to foreign expats.

I'm fairness I know people of retirement age that still can't speak English. Came over the war times from places of former Nazi and Soviet occupation and never really bothered to learn, they made their wives learn and take care of all the business.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm fairness I know people of retirement age that still can't speak English. Came over the war times from places of former Nazi and Soviet occupation and never really bothered to learn, they made their wives learn and take care of all the business.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
My neighbour in Sth Yarra was an Old Greek guy who had been here since the 50s who spoke about 10 words of English spent his working life putting the rear passenger door on Holdens
We became great friends and I dont speak more than 10 words of Greek
Sign language and mime worked well
He was a top bloke

What part of it is valid but could have been articulated better? How could she have said it better?

Many of the non-native English speakers in the towers are refugees; they're not international students from rich families or skilled migrants in most cases. They were re-settled in Australia because it was a safe haven willing to take them in. Offering the imperative that they need to learn English to come to the country doesn't make any sense when applied to people who come to Australia via its humanitarian settlement program.

With such people we need to be going further than putting out literature in their own language. Many refugees from poor, war-torn countries are often barely literate in their own language due to very little or no formal schooling. It's why driving the dissemination of information through community channels, utilising trusted leaders, is so vital. You can't just spread around a translated leaflet and expect that will get the message across.
"Learn to speak English when you come here to this country. That’s a big problem that we have in Australia.”

Had of she said something like:
"We need to do more to support immigrants and refugees in learning English as a second language and make it a priority, as its a challenge that impacts those people and the people around them,"

I dont think anyone would have the same issue with that statement, even if they disagreed its put in a way that is worthy for debate.

I'm not saying the voice needs to be Pauline's, but I do support views from all viewpoints being expressed, even if they are provocative and challenging, if they can be done respectfully with merit. Sometimes I think that's her biggest problem, her points aren't expressed reasonably, they are usually attacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back