Pauline Hanson - One Nation Party

Remove this Banner Ad

h-1.png

Strangely I have seen the opposite and sadly most of my social circle are Liberal voters. We have some fun times.
They can't believe she is back with a bigger platform.
The only reason she is back is the complete lack of real leadership their is in Canberra currently, people want a strong leader but currently there are none out there. Albanese strikes me as being probably the best one he hasn't had a real crack yet, but there is nothing in the Liberal Party and Shorten is to softly spoken. This has created a space to fill by anyone will to say something, and that is what has helped Hanson this election, Palmer last and someone else next election in all likelihood too.

Do we live there? Females in Australia, unfortunately are more likely to be attacked, or murdered, by someone they know- their partner, aren't they? Hope Pauline finds time to address that.

Shed probably ask if they were small business or not, its one of her buzzwords.

Nothing to do with it? absolutely.

But if you make the leap that hanson, trump and others have made, you say whatever s**t you want and people tire of correcting you.
So even though you are always speaking absolute tripe, you satisfy the media's need for bugger and bigger 'outrage', and you have complete control of the political agenda, which if you are smart, you can use to put opponents into areas uncomfortable for them, but they are still bound by the need to appear logical, so struggle to counteract.

Since the election I've come across growing support for Pauline Hanson and One Nation, to the point where I'd say her support now is much higher than on election day and if we were at the polls now she'd be getting more than 3 Senate seats. My social groups are not Hanson supporters by any stretch, far from it, but I have noticed on the fringe people saying she is speaking for the silent majority. I can't work out what people see in a single platform party based around bigotry.

Dismissing Hanson as simply a bigot is part of the reason she's popular with certain groups.

The problem, and why Hanson gets more votes than she deserves, is that she is the only person with a public profile that is prepared to have the conversation in relation to certain matters of interest. It started with immigration and aboriginal issues back in the 90s, and now it's Islam. Mainstream pollies don't want to touch them for fear of being called racist - which would be 100% certain of happening if you started asking questions that may portray Islam in a negative light. Most people aren't stupid, it's not just about terrorists blowing people up. They travel to Europe and can see what's going on. They want to have the conversation - and unfortunately the only person having it is Hanson. That's why she'll get votes.

Is she a bigot? Definitely. So are the Greens for that matter - and that's part of their attraction for some. They take a position and stick to their guns. But by simply dismissing her as a racist, bigot or whatever just means that she will continue to get publicity and people will have nothing else to believe. You generally aren't going to win an argument by yelling racist. You might shut people up, but you won't change anyone's mind.

You should probably be thankful she's such an idiot. If One Nation had a smart leader, they would probably be a lot more successful.

Shed probably ask if they were small business or not, its one of her buzzwords.

Nothing to do with it? absolutely.

But if you make the leap that hanson, trump and others have made, you say whatever s**t you want and people tire of correcting you.
So even though you are always speaking absolute tripe, you satisfy the media's need for bugger and bigger 'outrage', and you have complete control of the political agenda, which if you are smart, you can use to put opponents into areas uncomfortable for them, but they are still bound by the need to appear logical, so struggle to counteract.

......But be aware that if this type gets true power, the public appetite for putting the boot in needs more and more targets. you can stop because your typeappeal means you need momentum. Already Hanson has moved from aborigines, to Asians, to muslims, but as noted, shes too dumb to cash inon that.

......So if you get a leader who plays it well, and is not at all squeamish, or his (or her) underlings will progress to more and more atrocious behavior and it leads to......well we all know where it leads.

Dismissing Hanson as simply a bigot is part of the reason she's popular with certain groups.

The problem, and why Hanson gets more votes than she deserves, is that she is the only person with a public profile that is prepared to have the conversation in relation to certain matters of interest. It started with immigration and aboriginal issues back in the 90s, and now it's Islam. Mainstream pollies don't want to touch them for fear of being called racist - which would be 100% certain of happening if you started asking questions that may portray Islam in a negative light. Most people aren't stupid, it's not just about terrorists blowing people up. They travel to Europe and can see what's going on. They want to have the conversation - and unfortunately the only person having it is Hanson. That's why she'll get votes.

Is she a bigot? Definitely. So are the Greens for that matter - and that's part of their attraction for some. They take a position and stick to their guns. But by simply dismissing her as a racist, bigot or whatever just means that she will continue to get publicity and people will have nothing else to believe. You generally aren't going to win an argument by yelling racist. You might shut people up, but you won't change anyone's mind.

You should probably be thankful she's such an idiot. If One Nation had a smart leader, they would probably be a lot more successful.

Well done Rob, you hit the nail on the head, she's a freekin air head. I was devastated she gain so much traction by the old cut and paste from others hard work but if no one else have the balls to talk about the elephant in the room then we have to live with Pauline Hanson.

Last edited:
I dont understand the whole "Hanson is popular, look at her votes".

Its well known that we have racists in our country. Its known that there are some of us who fear other nations and other cultures.
That doesn't mean that she actually has more support than she received. Stop this propaganda nonsense.
She scrapped in because she didn't let many people know she was going for votes.
The more prominence she had, the less votes she would have received.

Its not like those nutjobs voted for someone else, and genuine people voted for Hanson.
Come on.
The racists voted for her. And she got very few votes.

Why are we pushing this story that she is a bastion, and regardless of her racists bullshit, we all support her more because of it?
Basically, Zenetti comics inform me of what to stand against.
The man is an idiot with a crayon, standing on a platform.

We dismissed her "as simply a bigot" last time and she got lots of publicity and went away because she isn't very bright.

Now she's proved she's a bigot once again by deciding to blame an entirely different non-anglo group for our problems, and we shouldn't dismiss her? Because she's proven she's also an opportunist?

"Most people aren't stupid". Muslims aren't taking over in Europe and they absolutely aren't taking over here. You would have to be getting pretty darn close to 'stupid' to think they might.

Interesting that Brandis was backing away from his everyone has the right to be a bigot agenda this morning on Insiders this morning. Having spent the Abbott years relentlessly dog whistling when it comes immigration, and Islam, all of a sudden when the consequences of these reactionary forces they helped unleash become apparent, it's time to take a step back, and pretend they had nothing to do with it.

Nope...
**** Islam... **** it and its rock spider leader, Mohammad.

I've stated so many ******* times, that it is the worst religion of the lot.

And you know what, no matter how aggressive and nasty I am about the religion, I still somehow manage not to make bigoted comments about an entire people.

Crazy how I can do that, and not get called a bigot... but I'll still be labelled an 'apologist' and a 'great protector of Islam', by the 'moderates'... like Balony Puny...

To be fair... he thinks it's only a balanced discussion, if one side is stating that Muslims aren't saying anything against radicalised Islamic terrorism... regardless of the fact that it's common knowledge that they are...

Well I have not seen any evidence from your posting on criticizing Islam... Guess I better search that. You do seem to spend your time shooting down discussion that criticizes Islam (not its people). Its is just teh way you come across mate. If someone makes a point I just wait for you to come and shoot them down

The most relevant discussions on this topic are against the Islam Ideology and its impact on cultures around the world and of coarse modern Terrorism. Currently around the world the west has a huge problem dealing with this Ideology to the point that majority of Politicians don't even acknowledge it. End result we have a big hole for people like Pauline to move into and unfortunately be some sort of spokes person on the issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find humourous is that when you ask for examples some posters come with links or examples outside Australia in most instances then switch to living by Australian standards. So no examples in Australia, very confusing.

I haven't seen this happen and don't doubt it does. But the West are forever linked with similar political stances on immigration and general human rights/Standards. So of coarse people will find relevance of over seas links and apply them to Australia as current examples of future examples in the case of Immigration for Europe for example is much more advance in mass immigration then we are

Well I have not seen any evidence from your posting on criticizing Islam... Guess I better search that. You do seem to spend your time shooting down discussion that criticizes Islam (not its people). Its is just teh way you come across mate. If someone makes a point I just wait for you to come and shoot them down

The most relevant discussions on this topic are against the Islam Ideology and its impact on cultures around the world and of coarse modern Terrorism. Currently around the world the west has a huge problem dealing with this Ideology to the point that majority of Politicians don't even acknowledge it. End result we have a big hole for people like Pauline to move into and unfortunately be some sort of spokes person on the issue

So most of us agree, but I guess the 'right' wants to take extreme measures to combat 'it' which will have profound impact on the 'freedom' we enjoy in the 'west' and the left opposes such measures

But I guess its a moving feast. when the cold war was on, we were supposedly fighting the USSR and its lack of freedoms, particularly citizens 'spying' on fellow citizens.
forward a couple of decades and the west has citizens spying on other citizens to such a huge extent the east germans could only dream of

Balls, it's one of the most discussed issues on the planet right now, to lift from PJK, even the parrot in the pet shop is talking about how to deal with Islamic fundamentalism.

Balls, it's one of the most discussed issues on the planet right now, to lift from PJK, even the parrot in the pet shop is talking about how to deal with Islamic fundamentalism.

It certainly is being discussed... but my point was Politicians actually acknowledging it is a Islam problem. For example the US recently just had a long campaign to get the President to actually use the term Radical Islam. Anyone that brings up Islam as a hateful Ideology gets shot down as a Bigot and Politicans generally wouldn't even touch this debate

Yep....And all acting as cover for the real issue: Illegitimate U.S incursion, invasion, occupation & destruction of the middle East.

The media dare not focus on the ACTUAL cause of all this global disruption....God forbid.:drunk:

Yep....And all acting as cover for the real issue: Illegitimate U.S incursion, invasion, occupation & destruction of the middle East.

Th media dare not focus on the ACTUAL cause of all this global disruption....God forbid.:drunk:

Not discrediting the impact of such disastrous wars, but when a Iranian Muslim goes on a killing Spree it doesn't really hold up, or perhaps the 1400 year ideological war between Christians & Islam. Do people actually think that a recent war is the root cause of deep down Islam hatred towards the west?

Not discrediting the impact of such disastrous wars, but when a Iranian Muslim goes on a killing Spree it doesn't really hold up, or perhaps the 1400 year ideological war between Christians & Islam. Do people actually think that a recent war is the root cause of deep down Islam hatred towards the west?

His was a Copy-cat act....Try to see the big picture & not get lost in particulars.

So most of us agree, but I guess the 'right' wants to take extreme measures to combat 'it' which will have profound impact on the 'freedom' we enjoy in the 'west' and the left opposes such measures

But I guess its a moving feast. when the cold war was on, we were supposedly fighting the USSR and its lack of freedoms, particularly citizens 'spying' on fellow citizens.
forward a couple of decades and the west has citizens spying on other citizens to such a huge extent the east germans could only dream of

Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration given the Stasi had about a quarter of a million people working for them. A lot of them were unpaid informants from memory.

Whatever you are trying to say here doesn't hold up because we aren't even sure if that "Iranian Muslim" was Muslim were we? He seemed to have been obsessed by mass shootings, so your attempts to blame Islam are pretty silly. Just like how it's silly that Pauline thinks people will just forget that she used to think Asian immigration was our major problem, but now she seems fine with them. Angry people often lack logic.

The British Security Industry Authority (BSIA) estimated there are up to 5.9 million closed-circuit television cameras in the country, including 750,000 in “sensitive locations” such as schools, hospitals and care homes.

The survey’s maximum estimate works out at one for every 11 people in the UK, although the BSIA said the most likely figure was 4.9 million cameras in total, or one for every 14 people.

Both projections were higher than previous estimates which ranged between 1.5 million and four million.

Simon Adcock, of the BSIA, said: “This study represents the most comprehensive and up to date study undertaken into the number of CCTV cameras in use in the UK.

“Because there is no single reliable source of data no number can ever be held as truly accurate however the middle of our range suggests that there are around five million cameras.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back