Pauline Hanson

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh look a link to a piece which is simply one of opinion from a non partisan or objective organisation which has vested interests. Not to mention that this opinion piece can't support their claims with clear evidence but simply can only believe this is what Hanson is thinking.

Using statements like it is ok to be white doesn't automatically mean that you either hold or are expressing the same extremist views as groups like white supremacists nor does it mean you support them.

I think it is absolutely ok to be white, just like I feel it is ok to be black, Asian, Hispanic. Guess I am a white supremacist and racist.

Other than a ******* waste of everyone’s time, and engaging in racist groups messaging...

How about * off and stop wasting tax payers money with this s**t and do something for this country.

Probably the most effective piece of political maneuvering by One Nation in their history. Liberals were stuck between a rock and a hard place - IMO they probably should have just abstained.
Greens certainly couldn't be seen voting anything but no - and the ALP.....well i'm not sure. If it gains traction they might lose out here. The sort of "battler" that swings elections might not be overly pleased that they just voted that it's not OK to be white.

But Hanson hasn't lost a thing.

Other than a ******* waste of everyone’s time, and engaging in racist groups messaging...

How about **** off and stop wasting tax payers money with this s**t and do something for this country.
I think she is doing something for the country and is a much more worthy representative for the Senate than someone like Senator Sea Patrol is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where credit is due - Pauline has played this one masterfully.

Feels like the only response is that any Senator who supported this should be ashamed of themselves, and any white person so deeply ignorant of their own personal failings that they embrace the fantasy they're somehow being discriminated against should be deeply embarrassed.

Funny that pauline broadly equated western=white but Abetz clumsily referred to Anglo Saxon descent

They may not want to admit it, but so called Anglo Saxon is European both in location and descent.

White was narrowed by some to so called Arian countries not long ago but western style democracy and culture owes more to Mediterranean countries, including Muslim ones.

For many years Australian immigrants (most of the population) was commonly described as European descent.

That is obviously widening to areAs outside Europe but John Howard’s liberals seem to have redefined this European as Christian-Jewish. Again narrower than the origins of western style traditions and culture.

Last edited:
Probably the most effective piece of political maneuvering by One Nation in their history. Liberals were stuck between a rock and a hard place - IMO they probably should have just abstained.
Greens certainly couldn't be seen voting anything but no - and the ALP.....well i'm not sure. If it gains traction they might lose out here. The sort of "battler" that swings elections might not be overly pleased that they just voted that it's not OK to be white.

But Hanson hasn't lost a thing.
I don't think that's the case.

It's an obvious dogwhistle and one I haven't seen "the battlers" rushing to defend. This and the current Morrison kerfuffle make them look like Duttonesque extremists. Hard to shake that image. Howard couched his extremism by being non threatening and "reasonable". Post Abbott, after ditching Turnbull and watching the Trump fiasco in the US, I don't think this motivates the political centre to be more sympathetic to the LNP.

I think she is doing something for the country and is a much more worthy representative for the Senate than someone like Senator Sea Patrol is.

She’s done nothing. A waste of oxygen.

A motion to say it’s okay to be white, does what exactly? How does this improve your life?
What is positive about repeating racist groups lines?

Pauline could put forward a motion that the sky is blue and it would still be voted down. There are many in parliament that would rather deny an obvious fact then agree with Pauline. Just seems childish to me, not to mention they gave her the oxygen she was looking for.

She’s done nothing. A waste of oxygen.

A motion to say it’s okay to be white, does what exactly? How does this improve your life?
What is positive about repeating racist groups lines?
It shows me that there are representatives in the parliament who are anti all forms of racism. This is unlike those in the Greens who are simply white apologists and deny any form of abuse and/or racism towards white people exists.

Obviously you don't watch parliament too closely as you miss all the stupid motions put forward by groups like the Greens which have absolutely no relevance to Australia. Motions like supporting Palestine and the actions of their terrorist associated leadership.

They too have done nothing and are a waste of oxygen.

It shows me that there are representatives in the parliament who are anti all forms of racism. This is unlike those in the Greens who are simply white apologists and deny any form of abuse and/or racism towards white people exists.

Obviously you don't watch parliament too closely as you miss all the stupid motions put forward by groups like the Greens which have absolutely no relevance to Australia. Motions like supporting Palestine and the actions of their terrorist associated leadership.

They too have done nothing and are a waste of oxygen.

Can the senate. States' house? rubbish. COAG provides that function

I'd privatise access to the senate. Let Lobby groups buy places direct and such as murdoch drag his sorry arse in there and spout his rubbish in person. Politics is supposed to be a peaceful meeting of political power brokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back