Pauline Hanson

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Yeah wouldn't surprise me if all major slaughter houses are halal certified. I understand it is very important for export (especially live stock) to Muslim countries, but just cant get my head around how they can get away with rorting the system to make money off mass production for local markets. I wonder how much money they actually make from this scam. I say scam because this Halal Certification (locally) is done for products that majority of it wont even go to Muslims. Crazy to me. Halal makes huge profits for Islamic organizations and I have no doubt that if the catholic Church manage to systemically rort the system to make the same sort of $$ people would question it. People talk about inquiries in Halal and all is good but too me the more you look into the more grey it is. I haven't found a report detailing this inquiry...ill keep looking I guess

1-2 cents is still enough to annoy me haha (although it seems a made up figure?). Most of what we buy seems to becoming Halal which would add up each time you go shopping, then times that by the 23 million odd people around Australia. Stinks to me. I wouldn't can if the money went to the government but a minority population rorting the system like this is crazy. My Muslims mates never seem to check Halal Certification when they shop and some actually don't mind Bacon and eggs or Alcohol. Just seems a pointless exercise designed to rort the system for money to me
The fees charged for Halal certification which happens once every few years are smaller than what are charged for saying something is kosher.

I just find it funny that this is never talked about though.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
There was a local abboitoirs around here that was doing around 10 thousand sheep/lambs a week.

Being on the edge of an arid area, a lot of muttun would be killed. They employed a muslim bloke, moved his family here and put him up at the stun gun. this fulfilled the requirements of Muslim countries wishing to import meat from Australia.

This bloke bought a house here, put his kids through private christian schools, bought a car from the local dealer, ate from the local fish and chip shop.

All his job was to bless the sheep before they were killed. The countries that imported the meat paid for it. Farmers up this way would of lost money on the muttun, if this was not so. If you cant sell them, you still got to feed them. You're feeding something you dont want and is worth next to nothing.
Yes great,good for him,his family,the farmers and your broader farming community.
Now,how about that cancer council sham link?

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
There was a local abboitoirs around here that was doing around 10 thousand sheep/lambs a week.

Being on the edge of an arid area, a lot of muttun would be killed. They employed a muslim bloke, moved his family here and put him up at the stun gun. this fulfilled the requirements of Muslim countries wishing to import meat from Australia.

This bloke bought a house here, put his kids through private christian schools, bought a car from the local dealer, ate from the local fish and chip shop.

All his job was to bless the sheep before they were killed. The countries that imported the meat paid for it. Farmers up this way would of lost money on the muttun, if this was not so. If you cant sell them, you still got to feed them. You're feeding something you dont want and is worth next to nothing.
Not sure who told you that by simply employing a muslim they were able to export claiming the product was halal, because that is not how it works.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Simply put, you don't like Muslims. That much is clear, and it is your right to not buy halal food.

But if you're going to see this as a battle of civilisations, don't have a f***ing whinge about having to look at a food label. If its that important to you, then you will check.
Where have I said I don't like Muslims?
Go on quote me on it?
You really want to out me don't you?
Now,where is that peer reviewed research that says 99.9% of people that don't like halal are bigots?
You've had 24 hours kiddy V.......
Surely that's enough time?
Yes?

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
so why would people spread lies about it and try and stop it? do they want to ruin the bush?
Yes,city people want to ruin the bush.
It's not a conspiracy.
Spreading lies about halal was just part of the first wave of bush ruining.
If you'd been to the city recently,it's all we've been talking about.

Yes,city people want to ruin the bush.
It's not a conspiracy.
Spreading lies about halal was just part of the first wave of bush ruining.
If you'd been to the city recently,it's all we've been talking about.
Serious question... If the anti muslim shrill brigade didn't talk about how halal food certification is funding terrorism or something similar would you even know that there was such a thing?

I know I wouldn't have if it weren't for muslim friends and the same goes for kosher food (introduced to me whilst working for a Jewish company).

Yet no-one ever talks about the billions that is raised by producing kosher food, guess where that goes?

The main difference is one is fact the other is supposition. But hey, why spoil a good story.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I have a family of four,we do one major shop per week,generally Saturday mornings before the crowds set in.
I'd say there are are least 50 to 100 items in that trolley of a Saturday.
3 seconds (you believe to check each item,I'd beg to differ,at least ten,but let's play your game)multiplied by 75(average)items=225 seconds or 3minutes 45 seconds to my shopping time.
That's not including my two kids running riot through the place and wife whom despises doing the shopping in the first place and a hundred other people with trolleys and kids behind you,wishing they were elsewhere and that you'd get the **** out of their way and your label browsing is going to earn you a trolley to the midriff.
Your need to make the majority appear bigoted or small minded or without cares or rights is horribly flawed and without question,weak.
Why should I have to?.
Last time I checked this was not an Islamic country or state,thank ****.
Why should the majority be made to bow down to these archaic middle eastern religious beliefs?.
Halal is a scam and a hoax in this country.
Point is,why should have to check,I'm not muslim,no one I know is,I've never seen a muslim in the places I shop at,why are the products being stocked on the shelves where I shop halal in the first place?.
Whose political correctedness allowed this nonsense to occur?.
I'm all for inclusion,but when my ******* food is blessed in the name of a god I don't believe exists,I get ******* militant in my choice to be a non-believer.
Why don't you do the shopping without the wife and kids for starters? Why subject the supermarket, and your family-grumpy wife and screaming kids running riot, to the shops? You might find the process of reading a label less bothersome then. ;)

Last edited:
I dunno

Just seems like the kind of thing one would encounter before reaching working age, I guess ...
Food is food, I either like it or don't. Really didn't pay much attention to any religious connection. Nobody did in those days.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have a family of four,we do one major shop per week,generally Saturday mornings before the crowds set in.
I'd say there are are least 50 to 100 items in that trolley of a Saturday.
3 seconds (you believe to check each item,I'd beg to differ,at least ten,but let's play your game)multiplied by 75(average)items=225 seconds or 3minutes 45 seconds to my shopping time.
That's not including my two kids running riot through the place and wife whom despises doing the shopping in the first place and a hundred other people with trolleys and kids behind you,wishing they were elsewhere and that you'd get the **** out of their way and your label browsing is going to earn you a trolley to the midriff.
Your need to make the majority appear bigoted or small minded or without cares or rights is horribly flawed and without question,weak.
Why should I have to?.
Last time I checked this was not an Islamic country or state,thank ****.
Why should the majority be made to bow down to these archaic middle eastern religious beliefs?.
Halal is a scam and a hoax in this country.
Point is,why should have to check,I'm not muslim,no one I know is,I've never seen a muslim in the places I shop at,why are the products being stocked on the shelves where I shop halal in the first place?.
Whose political correctedness allowed this nonsense to occur?.
I'm all for inclusion,but when my ******* food is blessed in the name of a god I don't believe exists,I get ******* militant in my choice to be a non-believer.

Now, excuse my ignorance to the issue. But, is Halal your only option? You don't have to buy it, do you? If not, you are just whinging about an option on the shelf that you don't have to buy - that others might want to buy. True?

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
It's clear, in my opinion, that you don't.

It's also clear you want to whinge about halal, but dont want to look at a food label to avoid it.
Lol "it's clear,in my opinion..."
Riotous laugh
I do plenty of work in North Springvale,South Dandenong and Keysborough.
Building work,insurance stuff blah blah in those areas,take a drive out there sometime and get back to me about the people inhabiting those areas.
You're basic.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Now, excuse my ignorance to the issue. But, is Halal your only option? You don't have to buy it, do you? If not, you are just whinging about an option on the shelf that you don't have to buy - that others might want to buy. True?

If you bother to make something Halal then generally you don't produce a non-Halal equivalent. I've yet to see a butcher that advertises selling both Halal and non-Halal meats.

Like Vegemite for example, it's Halal. Maybe there is non-Halal Marmite or Dick Smith Ozemite or Coles Savings Yeast Extract Spread or something, but Vegemite is Vegemite and it's Halal.

If Vegemite being Halal bothers you, then your only alternative is not to buy Vegemite. Which is silly, because there was never anything that made Vegemite non-Halal other than not having been certified. It's not like it was made with pork and rum and is now made of chick peas.

Halal meat is slightly different. Some people believe Halal slaughter is cruel and/or that Halal meat is different due to the slaughter process. I reckon if I was given a blind taste test of Halal/non-Halal meats I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

In our precious society if you don't provide Halal you are racist and if you request non-Halal you are racist, mind.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
No that's not quite true,although kid peanut might agree with you I'm sure.
My issue is why?.
As I have stated the entire time and have taken this fine Pauline Hanson thread over with a halal debate.
Why is it necessary?
Muslims make up less than 10% of the community.
It's a rort.
I am anti theist,anti god,anti religion.
I don't want religious people mumbo jumboing around my food.
Do you get that?.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Why don't you do the shopping without the wife and kids for starters? Why subject the supermarket, and your family-grumpy wife and screaming kids running riot, to the shops? You might find the process of reading a label less bothersome then. ;)
I'll do what I want,when I want and how I want to,in my own time with my family thanks Romeo.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I dunno

Just seems like the kind of thing one would encounter before reaching working age, I guess ...

Depends on your age. Sounds like I'm about the same vintage and it's probably only in the last 20 years that I became aware of it.

I didn't even know ehat halal was until 20 years ago and it was only because I was down at Cerberus for a stint while I was in the Navy and had to drive into the city twice a week to pick up meat for the Malaysians that were stationed there doing training.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
Why?.
I ain't a ******* muslim.
Why should my food be processed according to their bullshit laws and gods?.
Maybe I should ask Waheed Ali,the most popular person on Australian Television?.:rolleyes:

If you were half as miltant about the issue you'd spend the time seeking out non-halal produce. You either ain't miltant or a lazy campaigner

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
My issue is why?.
As I have stated the entire time and have taken this fine Pauline Hanson thread over with a halal debate.
Why is it necessary?
It's a rort.
Do you get that?.
Meh, as far as religion is concerned just take the good with the bad. Look at those public holidays religion gives us.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
If you sell $1000 worth of product x
and if you pay $10 to get it certified H K GF LC Paleo
and it increases sales beyond the $10 its a win
If it doesnt you dont bother

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
My issue is why?.
Why is it necessary?
It's a rort.
Do you get that?.

Please refer here.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If you bother to make something Halal then generally you don't produce a non-Halal equivalent. I've yet to see a butcher that advertises selling both Halal and non-Halal meats.

Like Vegemite for example, it's Halal. Maybe there is non-Halal Marmite or Dick Smith Ozemite or Coles Savings Yeast Extract Spread or something, but Vegemite is Vegemite and it's Halal.

If Vegemite being Halal bothers you, then your only alternative is not to buy Vegemite. Which is silly, because there was never anything that made Vegemite non-Halal other than not having been certified. It's not like it was made with pork and rum and is now made of chick peas.

Halal meat is slightly different. Some people believe Halal slaughter is cruel and/or that Halal meat is different due to the slaughter process. I reckon if I was given a blind taste test of Halal/non-Halal meats I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

In our precious society if you don't provide Halal you are racist and if you request non-Halal you are racist, mind.

You are in a supermarket, you have options, do you not? If not, then you take your business elsewhere. You say that "if you bother to make something Halal then generally you don't produce a non-Halal equivalent". But this only applies if Halal is the only option in your supermarket - which I doubt it is (supermarkets are quite large with a variety of options). And, even then, if it were the only option, then you could take your business elsewhere. That is how the market works, is it not? Now, admittedly I am not across the whole Halal debate, and perhaps there is something I am missing here, but on face value it seems like an overreaction.

Back