Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Another one of those friend of a friend stories; make of it what you will.

Apparantley Matthew Pavlichs land agent has stated that his house has already been packed up and a majority of his posessions have already been shipped back to Adelaide.

Interesting if true.

In a way I will be glad if the Crows do pick him up, I am sick to death of the speculation and the way that little worm Max Stevens seems to want to hold the Dockers to ransom. The club have made him a decent offer and if he doesn't want to take it so be it. We might be able to pick up a couple of decent Crows players for him.

The question is: Who?

Who are you willing to give up in exchange for him?

In a way I will be glad if the Crows do pick him up
I hope your right DB. :)

that little worm Max Stevens seems to want to hold the Dockers to ransom
I don't think Maxy is endearing himself to any club. After he called off all negotiations, I have a feeling Pav is heading home in 2003. My gut feeling is Port may have more to offer Freo (hope I'm wrong though).

Who are you willing to give up in exchange for him?
Well the Crows have 3 ex-WA players - Stenglein, Hewitt & Perrie. Reckon though if Pav is traded to the Crows by Freo, there will be atleast a 3-way deal (say with Brisbane with Headland heading home), with draft picks also involved.

On MMM footy after the Port vs Saints match Max Stevens said Port were very smart in playing D.Cassisi to showcase their WA prospects, hinting that Pavlich was very much on the market.

Watch the SA media switch their focus to Pavlich if Carey doesn't say he wants to go to Adelaide on Monday. Still i'm confident Pavlich will be wearing the Power colours next year ;)

Hewitt? Perrie? I think you should save their names for the delistings thread.

Don't forget Port have Scofield, Crabb, Casissi, White, Carr who have all played footy in the west.

My money's on Pav to Port in 2003.....now, where do we slot him in???

Crows would be wise to pour their money Carey's way.

Tredders#16

Originally posted by Tredders#16
Don't forget Port have Scofield, Crabb, Casissi, White, Carr who have all played footy in the west.

Schoefield is 29 isnt he?? why would Fremantle trade a young star for a guy that will give them 2 yrs service.

Crabb?? HAHAHA. What a dud...nice kick for goal last night

Cassisi - He has not rade value at all.

White - Yea, another unproven, useless in value

Carr - I'd think Port would need him more than another key position player. Exspecially with your aging midfield. And carr alone for Pavlich isnt nowhere near even.

maybe in defence as our defence is starting to age a bit now, for example paco is 31 i think, meady the same, bishop 27 or 28, hardwick 30, montgomery 28 not sure there but i think that we need a younger defender in the mix here but then again we have scott bassett as well so i'm not sure where we would put him but i'm sure that we can find a spot for him :D
wouldn't it be great for SA to have Matthew Pavlich at Port and Wayne Carey at the Crows :D

Wouldn't trade Schofield, he is better than Pav anyway.

Wouldn't trade Crabb, he is a ball magnet.

Cassisi, would be one of Freo's better midfielders if we traded him.

White, no way we would trade him, he will be better than Riewoldt.

Carr - Wouldn't want to trade him, more valuable than Pavlich.

Aging midfield? Carr, N.Stevens, Guerra, Dew. Yeah real old.

It will be Pavlich to Port for Cassisi and a draft pick. All of the above players are better than Stenglein.

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry

Schoefield is 29 isnt he?? why would Fremantle trade a young star for a guy that will give them 2 yrs service.

I didnt know that players had to retire as soon as they hit 31. Must be some new rule. He is actually 27 as well.

Cassisi - He has not rade value at all.

White - Yea, another unproven, useless in value

Its like saying Polak has no trade value. Of course they do you fool.

Carr - I'd think Port would need him more than another key position player. Exspecially with your aging midfield. And carr alone for Pavlich isnt nowhere near even.

Aging midfield!!! Really??

Our ruck/midfielders ages:

Brooks 18
Ackland 20
Brogan 23
P. Burgoyne 24
S. Burgoyne 20
Carr 22
Cassisi 20
K Cornes 19
Dew 22
Francou 28
Guerra 20
Hall 20
James 27
Primus 27
Schofield 27
M Stevens 21
N Stevens 22

Wow.....how old!!!! 4 players over 24!!! *, we are ancient :rolleyes: Come back when you know something about football...cos youve shown on more than one occasion that youve got no clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Macca19

P. Burgoyne 24
S. Burgoyne 20
Carr 22
Dew 22
Francou 28
James 27
Primus 27
Schofield 27
N Stevens 22

Firstly...Polak has played senior football, was the #4 pick of the draft....he has mroe trade value than someone who hasnt played a senior game.

I took out all ur fringe players on the list, every team has young fringe players...even Carlton.

In 2-3 yrs, you will have to replace players like Francou, James, Schofield.

Shaun Burgoyne..is he even a midfielder?

Your main midfielders...are older than the main midfielders from other teams (excl carlton and prob essendon)

If Port dont win a flag in the next 3 seasons, they wont win another for another 10.

Yes S.Burgoyne is a midfielder.

Crows midfield core is older than Power.

Bickley 33
McLeod 26
Goodwin 25
Ricciuto 27
Edwards 26
Bode 23

Average age 26.6

Port

N.Stevens 22
J.Francou 28
J.Schofield 27
P.Burgoyne 24
A.Kingsley 26
J.Carr 22

Average age 24.8

I'd do your research before you spout BS in the future mate.

Port also has more quality younger midfielders such as K.Cornes, S.Burgoyne, B.Guerra, C.Hall, A.Murray, J.Crabb etc who dominate the midfield at SANFL level.

Pavlich at Port vs Carey at Crows would be an amazingly alliterate assembly.

Originally posted by Zombie
Yes S.Burgoyne is a midfielder.

Crows midfield core is older than Power.

Bickley 33
McLeod 26
Goodwin 25
Ricciuto 27
Edwards 26
Bode 23

Average age 26.6

Port

N.Stevens 22
J.Francou 28
J.Schofield 27
P.Burgoyne 24
A.Kingsley 26
J.Carr 22

Average age 24.8

I'd do your research before you spout BS in the future mate.

Port also has more quality younger midfielders such as K.Cornes, S.Burgoyne, B.Guerra, C.Hall, A.Murray, J.Crabb etc who dominate the midfield at SANFL level.

I would think it should be you who needs to do the research Zombie.

You leave out Doughty, Ladhams & Mattner out of your list to selectively bias the averages in favour of your arguement.

Crows have slightly the better midfield than Power, as borne out by the statistics.

You leave out Doughty, Ladhams & Mattner out of your list to selectively bias the averages in favour of your arguement.
ok.crows, Zombie also forgot Johnson, Stenglein & Gallagher. John**** may also be developed into a midfielder as he had a run on the ball today (if Port count S Burgoyne, then only fair we count Stiffy). Only Crow midfielder who is likely to retire in the next 5 years is Bickley.

Classic Zombie quotes:
Wouldn't trade Schofield, he is better than Pav anyway.
Well you are an idiot then. Put this to a vote on the main board & I would be suprised if Schofield gets 25% of the vote.

Wouldn't trade Crabb, he is a ball magnet.
Yeahh, he's an absolute gun. :rolleyes: You wouldn't trade him for Pav either. Just as well Port have some smarter people in charge of recruiting. ;)

Cassisi, would be one of Freo's better midfielders if we traded him.
Bell & Haselby are pretty average compared to that young champion in Cassisi. :rolleyes:

It will be Pavlich to Port for Cassisi and a draft pick. All of the above players are better than Stenglein.
HAHAHAHAHA, you must be smokin some serious stuff if you reckon Freo would swap Pav for Cassisi & a draft pick. You would have Sabre falling of his chair in fits. :D So you reckon a few inexperienced players in White (who hasn't even played a game), Cassisi (a few games) & Crabb (1 game) are all better than Stenglein. You are a 1st prized idiot if you believe that statement.

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry
Would Tyson Stenglein a 1st and 2nd rd pick do the job?

I don't think Pavlich and a 1st and 2nd round pick is enough for us to give Freo Stenglein!
Mind you if our recruiting staff weren't so hell bent on getting Victorian kids in the draft(and hasn't that been a winner over the years???)we might have got Pav when he first nominated!!!!

Hardly. Crows took Ken McGregor as their 17 year old instead of Pavlich....he's not Victorian last time I looked.

The key word being "CORE" midfielders, I know reading may not have yet been covered in your development. My list is based on the top 6 possession getters for each team, seeing as though there are 6 midfielders in a starting 18.

Mattner, Ladhams, Doughty? If you add them then you have to add Port's younger players who don't get a game because of the quality of the side, and there are alot more than the Crows have.

So I have just proved that Port has a younger "CORE" midfield than the Crows and add to that Port players are dominating in the SANFL all year I would hardly say that Port have an aging midfield.

The fact that these players (D.White) haven't played a game yet is testament to the quality of the side. None of the Crows younger players would get a game in the Port lineup either, most of them wouldn't even get close (bar Johnc ock) the only reason they have AFL experience is because they are in a lower side. K.Cornes, M.Stevens, A.Murray, D.White, J.Crabb, D.Cassisi etc all perform better in the SANFL than Ladhams, Mattner and Doughty do.

Originally posted by Zombie

The fact that these players (D.White) haven't played a game yet is testament to the quality of the side. None of the Crows younger players would get a game in the Port lineup either, most of them wouldn't even get close (bar Johnc ock) the only reason they have AFL experience is because they are in a lower side. K.Cornes, M.Stevens, A.Murray, D.White, J.Crabb, D.Cassisi etc all perform better in the SANFL than Ladhams, Mattner and Doughty do. [/B]

The fact that players haven't played a game yet surely has as much to do with the lack of injuries as the it does the percieved quality of the side.
Ladhams , Mattner and Doughty don't get a chance to perform well in the SANFL they are to busy performing well in the AFL!!!!!!
:D

Zombie, you are full of it mate!

Crows only just got beaten by Port eralier this year. Had Crows kicked a little bit straighter, or Port been a little less flukey with their shots on goal, Crows would have won.

Port got smashed by Brisbane. Crows beat Brisbane.

Port have won quite a few games recently by very narrow margins (twice with the last kick after the siren) against mediocre opposition. Had not all of these games gone Ports way, the ladder would look quite different.

Crows & Port are in reality just about level pegging.

We'll see in a few weeks time how each side is going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back