Pavlich in 2003

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else catch the report on chanel 7? Max Stevens - Pavlich's manager said that he is going to invite Fremantle, Crows & Port to bid for Pav's services beyond 2003. A decision will be made 2 weeks before the end of season (not really a distraction Freo would want, but then again what are their chance of making the finals). I would suggest that unless Freo offload some players, they have little chance of retaining Pav under their salary cap. It would appear that the Power are keen to secure his services, so there will be plenty of competition. Also, there is the matter of if the Crows did win the 'bid', a trade would still need to be arranged. & this season proper hasn't even started yet!

Tonights news suggests that the AFL will be handing out a please explain notice to Stevens, AFC and Freo. I am amazed they have actually announced all this now. Whilst it might make things easier for Pavlich, it must also make one or two Crows players feel uneasy.

We need everyone at the club focused on this season not next year! Whoever announced this now really has'nt thought this through.

Having said that I always expected this issue to come up at the end of the year. I don't think we would give up Stenglien that easily. Hewitt and Perrie are also from WA and I always thought they would be offered as a trade. I also thought that we may have to deal with a third club to get Pav - does'nt Des Headland come out of contract this year? Des to Freo - Pav to Adelaide - Crows draft picks/players to the Lions?

Jerome

So which is true?

Fremantle with the upper hand, as they will demand a lot and Pav won't risk the draft.

OR

Crows have the upper hand, as Freo won't want to lose him for nothing?

I have heard both of these arguments from different sides lately.

Originally posted by dogs105
So which is true?

Fremantle with the upper hand, as they will demand a lot and Pav won't risk the draft.

OR

Crows have the upper hand, as Freo won't want to lose him for nothing?

I have heard both of these arguments from different sides lately.

As Macca has stated in another thread on this subject, the heat is really on Pav. His performances will determine the outcome. If he has a good season Freo may have the advantage. If he just has an average year, the Crows chances of getting him may improve. Too many if 's and maybe's at this point - way to early to call.

I've gotta say, that his Manager's idea of announcing this now as a way to take pressure of him is ridiculous. It could very well put him on the outer with his teamates.

Jerome

Originally posted by Jerome
I also thought that we may have to deal with a third club to get Pav - does'nt Des Headland come out of contract this year? Des to Freo - Pav to Adelaide - Crows draft picks/players to the Lions?

Jerome

Why not just a straight Headland - Pavlich swap? Shiite, we'd take him any day. Got a lot of time for him - he's one of the few forwards that consistently stich up darryl White. So Max, send him to Briz Vegas!!

Fatty

Originally posted by FattyLumpkin

Why not just a straight Headland - Pavlich swap? Shiite, we'd take him any day. Got a lot of time for him - he's one of the few forwards that consistently stich up darryl White. So Max, send him to Briz Vegas!!

Fatty

Look it's a nice idea you've got there, but it does'nt really benifit the Crows. Unless you'd like to trade Headland for Kenny McGregor?

Jerome

Originally posted by Jerome

Look it's a nice idea you've got there, but it does'nt really benifit the Crows. Unless you'd like to trade Headland for Kenny McGregor?

Jerome

Who cares if it doesn't benefit the Crows - Brisbane would be very happy!!!!

Fatty

I happened to be at the port/freo match and they all kept yelling out they didnt want him - he can go to crows or stay at freo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be more than happy if Pavlich chooses the Crows over the Power. I was informed by a Port supporter at work who attended that game that Pav had a good duel with Tredrea & in his opinion won the battle (even though Freo lost the war).

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
I was informed by a Port supporter at work who attended that game that Pav had a good duel with Tredrea & in his opinion won the battle (even though Freo lost the war).

:confused:
I thought Pav got thumped. The only kicks he basically got while Tredrea was on the ground was kicking out after behinds!!! Pavlich only made an impact after Tredrea went to the bench half way thru the third quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back