Prediction Pavlich will play 350 (barring injury ofc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a chance that Pav will now call it a day? I hope not, he's been in pretty good form. However, with the season now consigned to dust, he's really got no reason to continue putting his body through the rigours.

Is there a chance that Pav will now call it a day? I hope not, he's been in pretty good form. However, with the season now consigned to dust, he's really got no reason to continue putting his body through the rigours.

He's still the #1 target and part of our gameplan whether we're winning or losing. A proud warrior. Still the spiritual captain.

There's no way he hangs it up, barring injury, which I put in the title -- If you're saying hes carrying niggles resulting from aging, and can now retire with the out that we won't make finals? Maybe... I still think he's too proud to quit in season.

I'm sorry guys but I think you're somewhat unfamiliar with this Pav guy. This is his last year, we are well and truly in the s**t and worst of all, we have nobody to replace him with. You really think he plans to retire midseason and just leave us to rot in this state? Even if it's in his best interests, he won't.

Only way I could see it happening is if Ape gets fit and Pav starts to feel like he's taking away a spot we could be using for development of the next generation.

I think time as the number 1 forward could be great for Taberner, seeing as we are going to lose a lot anyway but I don't want to to give up the Pav, we at least have to get the great man to 350

I'm sorry guys but I think you're somewhat unfamiliar with this Pav guy. This is his last year, we are well and truly in the s**t and worst of all, we have nobody to replace him with. You really think he plans to retire midseason and just leave us to rot in this state? Even if it's in his best interests, he won't.

No, I don't think he will retire mid season, but that would be the best thing to do for the team going forward imo. We will not be playing finals let alone having a crack at a flag. This is without doubt his last year and thus we gain nothing whatsoever by playing him any longer.

What are we gonna do round 1 next year when we still have no one AND no Pav??? Might as well start now (post 350) to be honest. Apeness should have played a few games of WAFL by that stage if all goes well...

Hopefully Pav gets both the 350 game mark & 700 goals also,it will be fitting for such a champion of the club& game:thumbsu:;).

So many very average forwards have torn Sam Rowe apart this year and last, however Rowe embarrassed Pav yesterday which to me suggests he he has gone on a year too long.

So many very average forwards have torn Sam Rowe apart this year and last, however Rowe embarrassed Pav yesterday which to me suggests he he has gone on a year too long.
I don't think so, Pav is utilized differently this year (he plays midfield when Fyfe goes forward). The fact is that we don't have anyone better. Hopefully Apeness can get fit in the next 4-6 weeks and give us some options. In any event Tabs needs to stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be a sad end to his career. Doesn't deserve to go out with the team a rabble and losing most of his final games.

I agree. Hopefully we can make his final couple games run up to 350 and including 350 strong winning ones with more execution of the gameplan transition by then!

I know i will cop a lot of flak for the following comment - but Pavlich this year is basically a WAFL grade forward - not AFL material - too old and slow. Yes the Pavlich of the past was a superstar, but the Pavlich of 2016 is outrun by younger/faster/fitter defenders.

I know i will cop a lot of flak for the following comment - but Pavlich this year is basically a WAFL grade forward - not AFL material - too old and slow. Yes the Pavlich of the past was a superstar, but the Pavlich of 2016 is outrun by younger/faster/fitter defenders.

Its true, but the real sad thing is he still takes the opposition's best defender.
That's the real indictment on our list manager's

There's a lot of talk in Vic media (ugh living here sucks sometimes) about how Ross should sit Pav down now and tell him he's retiring. Can I just say that is absolute uneducated bullshit. For one, we have no one to replace him. For two, Pav is so close to his 350th. If anyone in the competition deserves to hit that milestone, it is Pav.

Times like now where we've got Mundy, Fyfe, Sandi & Jono injured, Pav's maturity, experience and leadership is exactly what our team needs. You can't just place a bunch of kids onto a ground with no one to lead them.

I know he's not playing as great as he did in his 20's. And he might not be as consistent producing good games anymore. But playing on was Pav's choice, and I will back him in all year. I just hope the team and the supporters will too.

There's a lot of talk in Vic media (ugh living here sucks sometimes) about how Ross should sit Pav down now and tell him he's retiring. Can I just say that is absolute uneducated bullshit. For one, we have no one to replace him. For two, Pav is so close to his 350th. If anyone in the competition deserves to hit that milestone, it is Pav.

Times like now where we've got Mundy, Fyfe, Sandi & Jono injured, Pav's maturity, experience and leadership is exactly what our team needs. You can't just place a bunch of kids onto a ground with no one to lead them.

I know he's not playing as great as he did in his 20's. And he might not be as consistent producing good games anymore. But playing on was Pav's choice, and I will back him in all year. I just hope the team and the supporters will too.
As much as I would like to agree with you, can you imagine going the path of Judd, he is just one injury away from that.

I will back Pav to make the call when he feels he needs to, the bloke has carried this club through the best and worst of times and deserves to make his own decision. If we were pushing to finals and Pav was holding us back, then I'd think Ross would get involved and have a word. At this point in time I see no reason for RTB to have a heart-to-heart with Pav, he's still contributing and is hardly a liability to the team and our structure.

The timing should be completely up to Pav when he feels his body can't take it any more, if that's mid-season or at the end of the season then he will make the call.

The good news about us being so crapola is that at least when Pav calls it a day we will all get a chance to say goodbye properly.

Oh go away. Pav is actually having a good year all things considered (his age, our midfield getting pantsed and the terrible forward entries etc), go stick your Sam Rowes in a sack. These "not AFL standard" comments are total bullshit.

Oh go away. Pav is actually having a good year all things considered (his age, our midfield getting pantsed and the terrible forward entries etc), go stick your Sam Rowes in a sack. These "not AFL standard" comments are total bullshit.
Hey, Sam Rowe and his sack is a bit of a touchy subject

Remove this Banner Ad

Back