Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

RacerX

All Australian
Mar 25, 2001
Myaree
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers
Well I don't no whether I should be dark at Pavlich or his manager, probably both.

IMO it is a poor effort for Max Stevens to invite three clubs to bid for his services next year. Considering the 2002 season hasn't started yet it shows a lack of committment on Pavlich's part.

Perhaps we could take his number off his jumper and replace it with a monetary figure representing the latest bid. This may sound harsh but I don't see how Stevens could have come out and started this without Pavs endorsement.

Has Pav's parents been consulted on this move?.

If he was my boy, even though he's 20, I'd still want to sit in on the meetings to make sure his welfare and pocket are looked after, rather than just the pocket. Pav may be a little confused and I'd say back off and we'll discuss the contract at the end of this season.

Just let him get on with season 2002 and think about 2003 at the end of the season.

Regardless of what sort of dosh the cows or the Power throw at the Pav... he knows it is worth a couple of hunji just not to go back to live in Adelaide.

A double expresso from Ol Papa's is less murky than their tap water for goodness sakes!

Originally posted by S.J Rollin
Regardless of what sort of dosh the cows or the Power throw at the Pav... he knows it is worth a couple of hunji just not to go back to live in Adelaide.

A double expresso from Ol Papa's is less murky than their tap water for goodness sakes!

I think you may find that to go back to Adelaide is Pavlichs aim. If it weren't, why ask just the two Adelaide sides (along with his current team) to bid ?

It's very hard to stop an interstate player who is determined to return to the bosom of his mother and be tucked in to bed every night. I've always adopted the approach that if you don't want to play on our team, then get lost and free up space for someone who does (plus I'd want adequate compensation).

How are you going, Fraser?

Did you think Pavlich did much to enhance his value in the game against Port, where presumably he was on show to all prospective bidders for his services?

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
It's very hard to stop an interstate player who is determined to return to the bosom of his mother and be tucked in to bed every night. I've always adopted the approach that if you don't want to play on our team, then get lost and free up space for someone who does (plus I'd want adequate compensation).

How are you going, Fraser?

Did you think Pavlich did much to enhance his value in the game against Port, where presumably he was on show to all prospective bidders for his services?

My opinion Pavlich is a vital member of our club and for the future prospects of the team.
That said if he wants to go he can go, I and I hope management wont compromise the chances of keeping Justin Longmuir and Haselby for his sake.
As I would prefer those 2 any day of the week.

We will be duely compensated for him if he goes home, and the likes of Polak,croad and McPharlin where drafted/recruited to cover any such losse easily.

I was just wondering if the Dockers handling of the Fabian Francis issue (Max Stevens is Francis's Manager as well) will have any bearing on the negotiations in this case and or Pav's final decision.

I hope he stays though and think he should be made Vice - Captain this year. Lets hope he can stay that way and become a future captain of the club.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if Pavlich pulls on a Freo jumper in 2003. But I'm not giving up hope until its all signed sealed and delivered.

The question is, which players currently in Adelaide would we like to get in return?

I was lucky enough to hear a speak by the leading head of Flying Start in WA who gave a few things away about the current crop of players in WA.

He mentioned that Pavlich really misses his family and friends in Adelaide and with the lack of onfield success at Fremantle, his first choice is to return home.

But he's not the only one wanting to come home. Beau McDonald wants to return home to Perth at the end of the year, so expect him to be at the Eagles or Dockers in 2003 if he gets his way.

There was some other good stuff but I wont go into any more details.

He mentioned that Pavlich really misses his family and friends in Adelaide and with the lack of onfield success at Fremantle, his first choice is to return home.

I think Freo are at least prepared if he decides to move and will approach in a business like manner, rather than get to sentimental.

But he's not the only one wanting to come home. Beau McDonald wants to return home to Perth at the end of the year, so expect him to be at the Eagles or Dockers in 2003 if he gets his way.

Ah so Beau wants to return to the Sidebottom extended family. We will see, but he is getting better each time I see him.

If he does want to return, who would want him, as the Eagles have Gardiner and Seaby for the future, Whilst the Dockers have Snake and Eastaugh. Maybe a straight 3 way swap with Pav, McD and player or draft pick to Brissie. That is on the assumption that the eagles are happy with the future of their ruck and thus don't want to enter a bid.

Originally posted by S.J Rollin

Its squeezers like you that give Fremantle supporters a bad name!
Pull your head in:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is that the big fella will stay at the Dockers.He will with out doubt be given the Vice Captaincy and maybe even the dual role with Ringa.
One thing that frightens me though is that some one from the club came out and said that it is not all doom and gloom even if Pav decides to go home as it will give us a chance to draft a young talented player!!!!!As Rove would say WHAT THE!!!!
Have these dipsticks not realised that Pav is a young talented player??

Originally posted by anchor man
My guess is that the big fella will stay at the Dockers.He will with out doubt be given the Vice Captaincy and maybe even the dual role with Ringa.
One thing that frightens me though is that some one from the club came out and said that it is not all doom and gloom even if Pav decides to go home as it will give us a chance to draft a young talented player!!!!!As Rove would say WHAT THE!!!!
Have these dipsticks not realised that Pav is a young talented player??

You're right on the mark there anchor man. Pav is a future star and should perhaps have a rethink on going back to SA.

Originally posted by masai
. Maybe a straight 3 way swap with Pav, McD and player or draft pick to Brissie. That is on the assumption that the eagles are happy with the future of their ruck and thus don't want to enter a bid.

I think not
Beau and a pick will be required.
The crows are desperate for this kid so lets make them pay.
Beau from the Lions and a 2nd round pick will do nicely from the Crows. Or even Headland and Beau
And maybe a second round pick to the Lions.

Originally posted by sabre_ac

I think not
Beau and a pick will be required.
The crows are desperate for this kid so lets make them pay.
Beau from the Lions and a 2nd round pick will do nicely from the Crows. Or even Headland and Beau
And maybe a second round pick to the Lions.

In all this supposition, and I hope that Pav does not return to the "City of Doubtful Water", you are saying Pav is worth slightly more than Beau?.

Ok, Pav to the Cows, Beau to Freo, Cows give Brisbane something for Beau and the Cows give a sweetner to Freo (lower draft pick?).

Pav seems to be starting to show he has it, he must continue this form all year to benefit him and Freo. He can review his position at the end of the year, but lets hope Freo play so well that he sees the future is rosier at the club on the up.

he is a stayer

Given what was written in the West on Friday,I would think that the big fella is certain to stay at the home of footy here in WA.Lets not talk about giving away our players that have a future talk them up that much that they don't won't want to leave.

Re: he is a stayer

Originally posted by anchor man
Given what was written in the West on Friday,I would think that the big fella is certain to stay at the home of footy here in WA.Lets not talk about giving away our players that have a future talk them up that much that they don't won't want to leave.
Party time!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back