Pawn shops, police auctions and storage auctions

Remove this Banner Ad

alexkidd16

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So do we have any decent pawn shops above the low life cash converters and in particular in melbourne and surrounding suburbs? I watch hardcore pawn and pawn stars and pawn shops over in the states seem to be ran greatly better than here.

Storage auctions, yep you guessed it I've been watching storage wars. As far as I can see we can only buy them online, that's crap I reckon. Does anyone know of any on site auctions with any storage companies?

Police auctions. Particularly cars, anyone bought from them? Can you please tell of your experience and if it is worth it.

owner+of+the+pawn+shop+was+a+dick+dr+heckle+funny+fail+pictures.jpg

So do we have any decent pawn shops above the low life cash converters and in particular in melbourne and surrounding suburbs? I watch hardcore pawn and pawn stars and pawn shops over in the states seem to be ran greatly better than here.

Storage auctions, yep you guessed it I've been watching storage wars. As far as I can see we can only buy them online, that's crap I reckon. Does anyone know of any on site auctions with any storage companies?

Police auctions. Particularly cars, anyone bought from them? Can you please tell of your experience and if it is worth it.

some juicy estate sales around if you know where to look. though these are being killed by the internet as it's much easier now to find out the value of something, or list online and expand your market 1000x.

pawn shops are good if you want a stolen pushbike or some junkie's dvds.

Was surprised to learn that Cash Converters auction their electronics on EBay these days, you can't even buy them in store

• Banned
Like any type of buying/selling, if you know your stuff and do your research* there is money to be made.

*watching "Storage Wars" is not research

That wasn't my point, my point was having auctions at storages like they do. It seems we don't unfortunately and buying already opened storage units online for the seller to already go through the stuff and pick out anything worth having makes it unworthy here in comparison.

Was surprised to learn that Cash Converters auction their electronics on EBay these days, you can't even buy them in store

Who wants to walk into a cash converters anymore anyway?

The Vegas and Beverly Hills ones have interesting stuff, the Detroit one is just the owners telling uncooperative African Americans to GTFO

Should be renamed, african americans exposed. It's entertaining but not doing any good for a race already frowned upon. If I go to the states, i'll be sure to take something to sell in detroit just for the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visited a place in Keystone (South Dakota I think?) years ago that was basically someone's house turned into public bar. There was stuff scattered all over the bar/house to buy......upstairs, downstairs, everywhere. Everything from newspapers from the 60s, to antiques, records, electronics, very old children's toys, old sports collectibles - e.g basketball/baseball/NFL cards etc, rocks, pictures, glassware, everything.

It was about two bucks a beer in there as well.

Farking sweet.

Walked past one today, can still buy electronics in store. They had a VHS/DVD combo for $12. A 50in Hisense plasma for $800.

Last edited:
Cash Converters is awful. Say you bring in something worth $500. They'll offer $30 and then try and sell it for $450

Based on what I saw today, there were trying to sell something worth $500 for $1200. I don't understand who would pay these prices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back