Pawn shops, police auctions and storage auctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Smith

Draftee
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pawnshops come very handy sometimes when you need money urgently. You don't have to go through much of the paperwork to get your loan in a pawnshop. A good and experienced pawnbroker will easily lend you a loan after determining the correct value of your loan item.

jamessamuel

Draftee
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I attended the auction organised by police in relation to cars, and one of my friend has purchased from them in good condition and at better price.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
I attended the auction organised by police in relation to cars, and one of my friend has purchased from them in good condition and at better price.
68p399.jpg

been trying to find some old gaming consoles lately. had a quick look in cashies on chapel street a couple weeks back, saw a few old SNES's, wanted 250 for each. old mate trying to sell them to me was sure it was a steal

i laughed as i walked out

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
been trying to find some old gaming consoles lately. had a quick look in cashies on chapel street a couple weeks back, saw a few old SNES's, wanted 250 for each. old mate trying to sell them to me was sure it was a steal

It's funny how they are actually have a value now after being almost worthless around the turn of the century. I wish I'd had never sold mine as a kid but I needed the money to buy a Playstation at the time.

It's funny how they are actually have a value now after being almost worthless around the turn of the century. I wish I'd had never sold mine as a kid but I needed the money to buy a Playstation at the time.
i sold mine a few years ago as i needed the cash, 7 games for $150. found another dude on gumtree selling one for $150 with 15 games. jumped at it

but 250 for just the console and 1 controller - no thanks

yup the soon to be mother in law thru out an atari and a dozen games a few years ago
my girl asked her if she still had it and she tells us it went ages ago in the rubbish bin to the curb

i cried for about two hrs

she thought it was worth nothing with all the new stuff out nowadays

it was a wood grain console as well.....apparently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
So do we have any decent pawn shops above the low life cash converters and in particular in melbourne and surrounding suburbs? I watch hardcore pawn and pawn stars and pawn shops over in the states seem to be ran greatly better than here.

Storage auctions, yep you guessed it I've been watching storage wars. As far as I can see we can only buy them online, that's crap I reckon. Does anyone know of any on site auctions with any storage companies?

Police auctions. Particularly cars, anyone bought from them? Can you please tell of your experience and if it is worth it.

http://www.abbeysauctions.com.au/

A few mates and I are getting into golf in a very low-skilled, casual way, so I ducked into cashies to see what they had in the way of cheap clubs/bags, etc. For old scummy bags with no clubs they were asking $75+. And for individual well used and abused clubs they wanted at least $30 each, something crazy like $75 for drivers. Same as you, I turned and walked. Ended up buying a work mates' old set of clubs for $25 and found a brand new bag and cart online for $90 + shipping.

A few mates and I are getting into golf in a very low-skilled, casual way, so I ducked into cashies to see what they had in the way of cheap clubs/bags, etc. For old scummy bags with no clubs they were asking $75+. And for individual well used and abused clubs they wanted at least $30 each, something crazy like $75 for drivers. Same as you, I turned and walked. Ended up buying a work mates' old set of clubs for $25 and found a brand new bag and cart online for $90 + shipping.
Yeah they are ridiculous. My brother went to trade in some golf clubs he found at work, they offered 15 bucks for one particular club. They had the exact same driver but in worse condition for sale for 130.

I got my sticks from cashies. all still wrapped in their original plastic, think I paid 120 for the set.

did a google search on prices while I was in the store, saved about $50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back