Payback (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's cold
I mean its irrelevant in terms of people booing him. I said it in the other thread. They arent booing Leati Anoaʻi, they are booing Roman Reigns.

Not even worth Watching the Replay how bad it sounds it was
It was one of the better B PPV's in a long time. Only s**t part was the Orton vs Wyatt match. But Jinder saved it by being unhindered.

There are plenty of tears in this thread and on YouTube. The tears of Roman marks, DRINK 'EM UP, MAAAAAN!

Bennett's tears alone will get him pretty sloshed..

I actually wonder if those of you offended on here are relatively young, as you come across somewhat as wwe marks. To not understand how booing a fictional character is completely different to booing a real guy in the street that lost his brother is quite peculiar..

Here's an example: when Jesse Hogan comes back to play footy, no Melbourne fan is going to be offended if the opposition crowd boos and jeers him while he or any other Dees players takes a set shot, nor do I think he will care.

"who works his arse off all the time"

That implies all the wrestlers people actually like - who don't have shitty hamfisted face gimmicks - don't work ther asses off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The house should have erupted in flames.

It turned red.

Disappoint.
My exact thoughts!
They botched a potential heel turn with his "I respect The Undertaker" and epic beatdown vignette, trying to elicit a sympathetic babyface response which obviously didn't work. Just make him a badass heel already e.g. run over puppies, kill kittens, praise Vince McMahon's product, anything!
I don't see why they don't just pull the trigger on it. You could build up a huge baby face against Reigns. Strowman will look like a monster regardless of who he faces (and he should defeat Lesnar imo). Turn Reigns heel, have him * up some jobbers, take out Ambrose and win the IC title then build up a Sami Zayn type face to take him out finally.

Braun trying to smash Roman in the backstage post match was good, but I can't even suspend my disbelief regarding Roman's "internal injuries". The HoH match was trash, not sure if negative stars, but a definite dud. Alexa winning was a tad disappointing for Bayley's hometown, but I guess it was expected since the booking of Bayley going for the title has been crap.

The Backlash video promoting Shinsuke's debut is good. Maybe they can have Ziggler win the US title from Jericho and have him lose it at the ppv?

Reigns has another decent match and Braun is a beast.

But massive lols at some of the salty tears over who people choose to boo and cheer.

This would be a perfect match if Roman was actually a heel to try and get him to turn the crowd, such as with Austin/Bret. Instead it's at the no care stage now that Roman could have a 5 star match and no one will give a s**t. Really feel sorry for the guy as it isn't his fault he is booked horrendously.

Good PPV. House of Horrors match was so bad it was good, and I never thought I would say this but in 2017 an appearance by Jinder Mahal improved the match.

Everything else was great. Roman's selling was great but the message is pretty clear from the fans. They have tried to sell Roman as an underdog, but when he gets the s**t kicked out of him people cheer, thank the person who did it and chant "You deserve it".

It's. Not. Working.

The House of Horrors match wasn't so bad it was good, it was just boring.

Otherwise, a pretty damn good PPV. Jericho/Owens with an amazing bit of storytelling at the end, Bliss's first really good match on the roster and new champion, great cruiserweight match with a good heel ending, Reigns getting destroyed, Sheamus/Cesaro turn, and Joe/Rollins was solid as well.

Reigns has another decent match and Braun is a beast.

But massive lols at some of the salty tears over who people choose to boo and cheer.

This would be a perfect match if Roman was actually a heel to try and get him to turn the crowd, such as with Austin/Bret. Instead it's at the no care stage now that Roman could have a 5 star match and no one will give a s**t. Really feel sorry for the guy as it isn't his fault he is booked horrendously.

Roman could easily be the best heel in the E, Vince missing out on big dollars.

PPV was good lol at that house of horrors match, Jinder is actually believable.

Braun the best big man i have seen in the E since the Taker all those years ago.

Good PPV. House of Horrors match was so bad it was good, and I never thought I would say this but in 2017 an appearance by Jinder Mahal improved the match.

Everything else was great. Roman's selling was great but the message is pretty clear from the fans. They have tried to sell Roman as an underdog, but when he gets the s**t kicked out of him people cheer, thank the person who did it and chant "You deserve it".

It's. Not. Working.

I can't take Roman's selling seriously when he's wearing a fricking vest! Should have torn his vest off and ripped at the bandages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back