PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am considering a new machine soon.

The current one is work, personal, gaming. I have an inkling that I should separate gaming out onto its own machine. If not a separate one for each task.

Give me your recs, bros! What should his Chiefness get!?!
Surely you've got a spare bigfooty server around the place you can repurpose?

1711007960622.png

I am considering a new machine soon.

The current one is work, personal, gaming. I have an inkling that I should separate gaming out onto its own machine. If not a separate one for each task.

Give me your recs, bros! What should his Chiefness get!?!
I assume your budget is a bazillion bucks!

How serious a gaming rig do you want? What resolution? Do you want bling or just a good gaming box?

Password hashes ain't gonna crack themselves!

Do you really want to build a separate machine? Is it more of a psychological separate work from play sort of thing? Because there is a fair amount of overlap and lots of memory, fast storage and a decent CPU will always benefit gaming too.

While I don't do anything professional on mine I'm glad I still opted for 32gb RAM and a 5900x because when I'm stuffing around in Unreal I can also keep Blender, Substance Painter and 573 Chrome tabs open and absolutely crush compiling, rendering and light building.

AM5 uptake must be low if they're going to keep supporting new/updated products on AM4. My 5900x at stock while gaming already boosts to 4.8ghz no sweat as advertised on the box and I've seen it occasionally peak at 4.95ghz. If Zen 3 gets the same clock bump as the Zen 2 that's allegedly going into the PS5 Pro then a 5900XT should comfortably boost clear of that magical 5.0ghz number.

Current one has 64gb ram and ... can't even remember the video card. Some god-awful monitor too.

Depends on the workloads you're running for work,

If you're going pure gaming.

Nvidia 30/40 RX Budget appropriately
I'd recommend AM5 for CPU, but I am biased slightly towards better multi-core performance. (also all the Intel security stuff)
32GB RAM should be plenty for gaming only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back