PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

sataris do you have a Corsair GPU block? Looks like there is a design flaw that causes it to leak

Nope, got a bitspower, which through my own stupidity I managed to spring a leak whist installing my res/pump.

So I shorted my 1080Ti, and it's dead now, gone back to a 970GTX, and have ordered a 1660 to get me through the end of the year for the 3080Ti RTX.

Nope, got a bitspower, which through my own stupidity I managed to spring a leak whist installing my res/pump.

So I shorted my 1080Ti, and it's dead now, gone back to a 970GTX, and have ordered a 1660 to get me through the end of the year for the 3080Ti RTX.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry?!

Because you tried to replace your distro plate with a res without actually emptying the loop first?

One thing I learnt in JayzTwoCents' video on the Corsair block leak issue is that hardline tubing with slide out of the fittings if enough traction is applied to them. I assume this is what happened to you?

Because you tried to replace your distro plate with a res without actually emptying the loop first?

One thing I learnt in JayzTwoCents' video on the Corsair block leak issue is that hardline tubing with slide out of the fittings if enough traction is applied to them. I assume this is what happened to you?

Nah emptied the loop, it was after the leak test, the fitting at the top of the GPU block was leaking very very slightly, must have dropped onto a VRM and shorted it :(

Nah emptied the loop, it was after the leak test, the fitting at the top of the GPU block was leaking very very slightly, must have dropped onto a VRM and shorted it :(

Also, I may have been the teeniest, tiniest bit shitfaced

Current prices are at whatever the retailers previously brought them for. It will be interesting to see what they go to next given they've been ordered to start clearing stock.

I hope my $1,000,000 was a joke, but I'm seriously expecting them to be 3-4k

Soooo according to Digitimes and a few other places, Zen 3 is being advanced onto 5nm and not releasing until CES 2021? Maybe this explains the Zen 2 refresh? I'm building for Cyberpunk and because I want to upgrade this year. If that's the case I think I'll just jump on a x570 + 3900XT (T is the refresh) to tide me over until the new socket, DDR5 etc.

Edit: some updates since posting, the rumour might be about mobile APUs

Anyone have any experience running iCUE and CAM at the same time? I normally don't like to mix these sorts of software as they don't always play nice. Previously I was using Fan Xpert plus an older version of Corsair Link because iCUE didn't want to play nice. I since ditched Fan Xpert and ran it all through iCUE as I had to update from Link to be able to control my new keyboard. I really really like the latest NZXT Z73 AIO but I want to stick with my Corsair fan/lighting hub which means needing to run both iCUE and CAM.

Last edited:
Soooo according to Digitimes and a few other places, Zen 3 is being advanced onto 5nm and not releasing until CES 2021? Maybe this explains the Zen 2 refresh? I'm building for Cyberpunk and because I want to upgrade this year. If that's the case I think I'll just jump on a x570 + 3900XT (T is the refresh) to tide me over until the new socket, DDR5 etc.

Anyone have any experience running iCUE and CAM at the same time? I normally don't like to mix these sorts of software as they don't always play nice. Previously I was using Fan Xpert plus an older version of Corsair Link because iCUE didn't want to play nice. I since ditched Fan Xpert and ran it all through iCUE as I had to update from Link to be able to control my new keyboard. I really really like the latest NZXT Z73 AIO but I want to stick with my Corsair fan/lighting hub which means needing to run both iCUE and CAM.

They don't play nice, and Icue has issues which causes it keep 3000 series AMD to boost constantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't play nice, and Icue has issues which causes it keep 3000 series AMD to boost constantly.

What do you mean by boost? The boost overdrive software overclocky thingy? Was it a CAM or iCUE issue? The problems I had were that both iCUE and Fan Xpert being both monitoring software not only hooked into the same APIs, but also have their own default fan profiles whether I set any or not. So either one program, both, or the system could freeze. I just want to run CAM if I got the z73 so I could control it. However I know that comes with a full suite of system monitoring gadgets too. Otherwise I'll just go back to old faithful Corsair AIO for a friendly, homogenous ecosystem.

What do you mean by boost? The boost overdrive software overclocky thingy? Was it a CAM or iCUE issue? The problems I had were that both iCUE and Fan Xpert being both monitoring software not only hooked into the same APIs, but also have their own default fan profiles whether I set any or not. So either one program, both, or the system could freeze. I just want to run CAM if I got the z73 so I could control it. However I know that comes with a full suite of system monitoring gadgets too. Otherwise I'll just go back to old faithful Corsair AIO for a friendly, homogenous ecosystem.

the iCue monitoring software keeps polling the CPU, so Ryzen views it as a temporary workload that could use a boost, so CPU's were staying at 1.4v constantly

the iCue monitoring software keeps polling the CPU, so Ryzen views it as a temporary workload that could use a boost, so CPU's were staying at 1.4v constantly

Eww. Cheers for the heads up, I'll have to research this one now. I'm assuming a lot of people are using Corsair gear with Ryzen systems so I'm sure I'll be able to find out more. When I was researching how CAM and iCUE play together I saw a comment somewhere by a NZXT rep that they were aware of an issue due to Corsair moving to use the same pump manufacturer as them and it was causing issues in some people's systems. They knew that a lot of their customers used both CAM and iCUE so they were working to fix the issue. I guess they're all pretty good like that. I could just not salvage anything from my current system and switch entirely to NZXT ecosystem. I'm just not a fan of their Hue fan/RGB hubs compared to Corsair's commander pro. NZXT do have the RGB cable combs though HHHMMMMMMM

Also just on that Zen 3 stuff, some updates in the last few minutes that now they reckon the references to 5nm may be in fact mobile APUs due in January. You can tell how thirsty for info I am.

Eww. Cheers for the heads up, I'll have to research this one now. I'm assuming a lot of people are using Corsair gear with Ryzen systems so I'm sure I'll be able to find out more. When I was researching how CAM and iCUE play together I saw a comment somewhere by a NZXT rep that they were aware of an issue due to Corsair moving to use the same pump manufacturer as them and it was causing issues in some people's systems. They knew that a lot of their customers used both CAM and iCUE so they were working to fix the issue. I guess they're all pretty good like that. I could just not salvage anything from my current system and switch entirely to NZXT ecosystem. I'm just not a fan of their Hue fan/RGB hubs compared to Corsair's commander pro. NZXT do have the RGB cable combs though HHHMMMMMMM

Also just on that Zen 3 stuff, some updates in the last few minutes that now they reckon the references to 5nm may be in fact mobile APUs due in January. You can tell how thirsty for info I am.

haha, well after I managed to kill a $1200 GPU, i'm devouring info on the 3080Ti / 3080 RTX Titan

I've also decided that hard tubing is not for me, so I'll be back to soft tubing and quick disconnects.

haha, well after I managed to kill a $1200 GPU, i'm devouring info on the 3080Ti / 3080 RTX Titan

I've also decided that hard tubing is not for me, so I'll be back to soft tubing and quick disconnects.

During my morning coffee, lunch time at work, and right before bed I search for NVIDIA Ampere, and Zen 3. I need those latest updates haha.

How often have the TI models come out at launch? I know Turing did, but Pascal was certainly later and so were the others before it from memory. If there is no 3080 TI day one then I guess the 3080 will have to do in the meantime. It should still be a tidy upgrade from a 1080ti. I think they'll be September. Cyberpunk is the biggest release in a long time and NVIDIA are partners with CDPR so they'll do some cross promo thing I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk codes come with any 3000 series card.

During my morning coffee, lunch time at work, and right before bed I search for NVIDIA Ampere, and Zen 3. I need those latest updates haha.

How often have the TI models come out at launch? I know Turing did, but Pascal was certainly later and so were the others before it from memory. If there is no 3080 TI day one then I guess the 3080 will have to do in the meantime. It should still be a tidy upgrade from a 1080ti. I think they'll be September. Cyberpunk is the biggest release in a long time and NVIDIA are partners with CDPR so they'll do some cross promo thing I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk codes come with any 3000 series card.

Where do you get your info from?

I'm dying for info!!

Back on this, been doing some reading and it doesn't seem isolated to iCUE. I run double monitoring software already - iCUE for muh lighting and fans and Afterburner for my custom GPU fan curve. Seems to be an AMD issue, not a software one and 99% of the complaints are from 9-10 months ago. There have been numerous software and chipset updates since then so maybe it has been somewhat addressed.

Just an update to keep things rolling:

If anyone is after any parts this year then imo get in early. I've been watching my shopping list for the last couple months and ETAs keep getting pushed out and prices are bouncing around. The fans I wanted I watched completely go out of stock at every shop I follow in the space of 48 hours. So I pulled the trigger yesterday and this morning picked up the nzxt h710 case and a few smaller bling things. After I ordered them most of went from "limited stock" to "ETA...". You snooze, you lose right now. It's like Mad Max: PC building edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back