PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

building my mum a new PC next week, finally upgrading her from her shitbox dual core 3 gig ram (1 gig died I guess) 5400rpm hdd home office PC from 2008...

getting her the i3 10100, nvme SSD and another SSD, 16gig ram. she's not gonna know what's going on lel

Make sure to put RGB in.

Make sure to put RGB in.

funny thing is she has an RGB mechanical keyboard now but her processor can't install 64-bit windows and the keyboard app is only 64-bit so the keyboard is permanently stuck on rainbow wave mode (or no lights and you can't read the keys) :drunk:

It's certainly needed. I remember seeing something like that done on Pascal cards. I know there isn't really a competitor to run to seeing as AMD are having their own availability issues (due to allocating the majority of wafers to console SoCs), but long term this can't be earning any good will from consumers. I was lucky to get my 3080 last year and I probaby dropped off the weekly news about them since. But just recently starting to get back into the loop the prices and availability seems even worse than last year. It wouldn't really be hyperbole to suggest that RTX 4000 series rumours will pickup before 3000 become readily available off the shelf and at respectable prices.

We did it guys. Through the power of Bigfooty we willed a mining line into existence and saved the world.

Anyone who has already purchased them just won't upgrade their drivers, at least moving forward we should be good.

Still around $1400SGD, and it's out of stock.

Didn't realise SGD and AUD were about the same (1 AUD = 0.97 SGD), and that would have even been a great price for the FTW at launch here. Not sure what they are now. At launch the "budget" models like TUF and Ventus were around $1300-1400 from memory, with the premium stuff like FTW, Strix etc anywhere from $1600-$1800. My iGame Vulcan OC which is premium was $1699 (around $1750 SGD) I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise SGD and AUD were about the same (1 AUD = 0.97 SGD), and that would have even been a great price for the FTW at launch here. Not sure what they are now. At launch the "budget" models like TUF and Ventus were around $1300-1400 from memory, with the premium stuff like FTW, Strix etc anywhere from $1600-$1800. My iGame Vulcan OC which is premium was $1699 (around $1750 SGD) I think.

For all intents and purposes it's basically 1:1

1613724750677.png

Calling all good Master Race Oracles

What do you see as the value of a system with these specs?

MSI 980ti 6GB
Ryzen 5 2600
LTB RGB fans
Corsair 750 PSU
Samsung 860 SSD
16GB Hyper X DDR4 2666mhz ram
B550 Ryzen motherboard
Dual WiFi
RGB keyboard
RGB headset
RGB Ryzen CPU cooler
Steel series mouse

Many thanks

I'm still checking local retailers every couple of weeks for 3080 availability, but it's all trickles and pre-orders.

One place was 2-12 weeks for delivery..

How many stores are there in SNG? Can you look outside in Malaysia? Same story here still but if you really want one you have to be prepared to hustle and play the F5 game. I only got mine because I was proactively looking to snipe.

How many stores are there in SNG? Can you look outside in Malaysia? Same story here still but if you really want one you have to be prepared to hustle and play the F5 game. I only got mine because I was proactively looking to snipe.

Sim Lim Square is the big IT thing here, they have heaps of retailers, plus online stuff like lazada.sg, but malaysia is just as bad for availability + import taxes..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back