PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

is this real?

I did read some other forums just last week where people have said the prices will drop as crypto crashes. I wasn't sure if there was anything to it or if they were just being hopeful. This current situation will definitely end at some point but who knows when. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I think I did read though that memory is set to increase in price though. I'm sure more people can deal with that.

I did read some other forums just last week where people have said the prices will drop as crypto crashes. I wasn't sure if there was anything to it or if they were just being hopeful.
I think that is just logical - the increase in GPU prices is due in large part due to mining. So it follows that a sustained drop in crypto prices and/or a drop in the ability to mine crypto (which is what the upcoming switch to proof of stake in Etherium 2.0 will bring) should result in lower GPU prices as miners won't be buying them and "more normal" consumers are less likely to pay exorbitant prices because they won't be able to offset the cost with casual mining.

IIRC Etherium has become 50% less profitable to mine over the past ~6 weeks, so that might be why GPU prices are slowly starting to come down

I think that is just logical - the increase in GPU prices is due in large part due to mining. So it follows that a sustained drop in crypto prices and/or a drop in the ability to mine crypto (which is what the upcoming switch to proof of stake in Etherium 2.0 will bring) should result in lower GPU prices as miners won't be buying them and "more normal" consumers are less likely to pay exorbitant prices because they won't be able to offset the cost with casual mining.

IIRC Etherium has become 50% less profitable to mine over the past ~6 weeks, so that might be why GPU prices are slowly starting to come down

I don't follow mining so I have no idea where it's at. A mate of mine made a tidy profit off etherium last year and moved it to block chain. No idea how he's doing now. Maybe not too well as he hasn't been bragging for a while lol.

seems like more GPU stock lately...PCCG got a bunch of 3080's/3070's etc still in stock. price still *ed of course but I guess it's progress lol

I assume so.

And just looking around and there are definitely heaps of 3080s in stock. Prices are really sh*t though. sataris now's your chance if you don't mind paying $2500-$3000AUD lol. Maybe a little cheaper in Singapore?

hahahahahaha

Strix's here are going for $4000 with a 3-6 month waiting period.

hahahahahaha

Strix's here are going for $4000 with a 3-6 month waiting period.

RIP.

I just did another search. 3080s still in stock at Scorptec and PCCG, just saw a couple 3080TI in stock at PLE for the same price as some 3080 at around $2800. Strix 3080 OC is $3000 though LOL

Good sign though. Prices will fall as demand slips behind supply and then will probably hold steady as people jump on them.

Good sign though. Prices will fall as demand slips behind supply and then will probably hold steady as people jump on them.
Will suck massively for the retail stores because they've probably bought these at massive mark-ups from their distributors and could end up having to sell them at cost

Will suck massively for the retail stores because they've probably bought these at massive mark-ups from their distributors and could end up having to sell them at cost
43iv8l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There might be enough buyers at current prices who have just been waiting so long and don't care like those who shelled out for a 3090 when they couldn't get a 3080. But you're right, that's a real possibility.

gonna buy Mass Effect remaster and that's it. never played ME until now and don't wanna wait any longer. although it's already only $73 for me on Humble so it might not be any lower in the Steam sale lol but buying it from one or the other

looks like the Windows 11 thing is in a few hours as well

Decided I'm going to buy/build a racing sim chassis as I'm right back into those sort of games atm. Anyone on here got any recommendations if they have or had a set up?

Had a G27 before the wife made me sell it.

Loved that thing.

Well s**t.......... Windows 11 is going to be out a lot sooner than I expected (end of the year). Usually you see leaks of beta versions for over a year before the actual release.

I guessed right on the Android integration though which should be kind of cool. It's a free upgrade for existing users too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back