PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was planning on a fresh install of Windows over Christmas already. By then any potential gremlins with games and video drivers that might pop up should hopefully be ironed out.
I think I'll be sticking with Win10 for now including my new build. Will look at upgrading to Win11 in six months or so if there seems to be any advantages for a Ryzen build.

Lol @ rumours of the massive power requirements of 4000 series graphics cards. Not that I think they're unbelievable, but more how far are we off it no longer being practical to power them with more and more connectors off your PSU (which also needs to keep getting bigger) and external cards in their own case with dedicated supplies just becomes standard lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats the difference? I get how its more Hz but whats it like
As a retro gamer that has gotten back into gaming with a new xbox I can't tell the difference.

Alot of games have 4k/30fps "quality mode" or 60fps -120fps performance mode. I play in the mode that have the best resolution than fps, I don't notice the difference. Probably due to not know/experienxing any better, I'm just use to it.

Ignorance is bliss for me.

Last edited:
I first went from 60hz to 75hz and that was a noticeable jump. I then tried 144hz and whilst it was that extra bit smoother, I didn't think it was worth the cost.

I first went from 60hz to 75hz and that was a noticeable jump. I then tried 144hz and whilst it was that extra bit smoother, I didn't think it was worth the cost.

This is why I wasn't too concerned when going from a 165hz 16:9 "down" to a 120hz 21:9. I'm a graphics whore so usually only hold 100fps +/-10% on the latest games on ultra anyway. As long as I've got gsync it's smooth, but I really notice when the game tanks fps below 60 and when that happens too often it's usually time to turn a setting or two down.

Unless its somethign really obvious, like a side by side comparison of a crackling fire, I don't notice the difference bewtween 30, 60 or even playing rocket league at 120fps now. I will notice however if you take even one pixel away from my full HD or 4K resolution.

Unless its somethign really obvious, like a side by side comparison of a crackling fire, I don't notice the difference bewtween 30, 60 or even playing rocket league at 120fps now. I will notice however if you take even one pixel away from my full HD or 4K resolution.

Weirdo 😛

30 looks absolute crap, borderline gives me motion sickness lol. i had a 60hz 1080p monitor forever until this year when i upgraded to 1440p 165hz. 60 is fine enough but i certainly notice the difference in frame rate. like yes 120 looks and feels much better and is very noticeable compared to 60. beyond that it gets harder and harder to tell but you can still feel it a bit

depending on the game i'll fiddle with settings. slow paced RPG I might sacrifice frames down to 60-70 to get better graphics, but playing stuff like RL or shooters at 165hz feels so smooth and satisfying compared to 60

I mean if you have the money I'd highly recommend a bump in both res and hz. no reason not to. though keep in mind if you have an older PC like I do, fancy new games are really starting to struggle with the bump to 1440p. but I just stick to older games or certain game that can at least get me 60+ for now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back