PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

my 980 is still more than enough

246955071_571378327414527_3252522539150512021_n.jpg

5616.jpg

I've got the same MSI 980 somewhere tucked away as well.

i've still got this GPU in the PC parts box

1634810209258.png

I replaced it with the 980 purely in preparation to play Witcher 3 at higher graphics...and because it sounded like a passenger jet taking off

i've still got this GPU in the PC parts box

View attachment 1265174

I replaced it with the 980 purely in preparation to play Witcher 3 at higher graphics...and because it sounded like a passenger jet taking off

Sound a bit like me. I've also got my old 680 in a box somewhere. I ended up salvaging some of those parts to build the new one around the 980. Then the 1080ti system and now the 3080. I still don't know what to do with the old parts and stuff, can't get myself to part with them lol.

Sound a bit like me. I've also got my old 680 in a box somewhere. I ended up salvaging some of those parts to build the new one around the 980. Then the 1080ti system and now the 3080. I still don't know what to do with the old parts and stuff, can't get myself to part with them lol.

Build a server!

Like any true IT person, put it all in a box because one day you're totally going to use that part for something amazing, and never ever throw it out. I think I still have a Geforce 2 GTS lying around in my collection of s**t

Final parts ordered for my B&W Beast build. I'm a bit excited!

Now just waiting for them to arrive.

Ordered cooler and heatsinks from NewEgg and the custom cables will take another couple of weeks. Could get both for what the cooler alone costs from anyone in AU.

The case, fans, RAM and SSD should be available for collection from Scorptec next week.

Final parts list

Final parts ordered for my B&W Beast build. I'm a bit excited!

Now just waiting for them to arrive.

Ordered cooler and heatsinks from NewEgg and the custom cables will take another couple of weeks. Could get both for what the cooler alone costs from anyone in AU.

The case, fans, RAM and SSD should be available for collection from Scorptec next week.

Final parts list

How are Newegg shipping? USPS and at least one other US service aren't shipping to Australia using some methods at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are Newegg shipping? USPS and at least one other US service aren't shipping to Australia using some methods at the moment.
They didn't specify except it would be 8 to 13 days.

I tried Flight Simulator 2020 with gfx turned all the way up, and bloody hell it looks amazing.

Decentish performance as well considering it's CPU Limited by DX 11

Kinda wanna do that, what's the minimum specs to go to full
Not sure what you mean by "full", but if you want to hit 60fps at 1440p Ultra you'll need a 3090 or 6900XT and a Ryzen 5900X/5950X.

Thing is though - MFS doesn't need to run at 60fps to look good/be playable - apparently 30-40fps is sufficient, and as with all games there are plenty of settings to turn down to optimise the viewing experience

Not sure what you mean by "full", but if you want to hit 60fps at 1440p Ultra you'll need a 3090 or 6900XT and a Ryzen 5900X/5950X.

Thing is though - MFS doesn't need to run at 60fps to look good/be playable - apparently 30-40fps is sufficient, and as with all games there are plenty of settings to turn down to optimise the viewing experience
I only need it at 1080.
A 970 is the same as a 3090 so I'll be right

I've been using FS since FS98

It's horrendously unoptimized. Even FS2020 is based on FSX which came out in 2006.

It will bottleneck itself on the CPU long before your gpu warms up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back