PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

3080 I ordered in Feb still has no ETA despite being first in Queue. Finally starting to get impatient :(
Whoa!

Who's was the order through?

I think I'd be hassling them every couple of days.

My pc along with my server + router are connected to a UPS.

The UPS will get overloaded and start beeping if I run anything intensive on the 6900 XT LOL

giphy.gif

PLE. It's been stuck on 78% orders fulfilled for my particular model for a while now.
What's the model? Are you sure the AIB is even still making it? There's a non-zero chance that the reason the queue isn't moving is because PLE aren't getting in any stock of that particular model and are too lazy/reticent to tell you that

How are Newegg shipping? USPS and at least one other US service aren't shipping to Australia using some methods at the moment.
DHL from Taipei - just got notification they have my cooler and heatsinks. Shipped directly from Noctua not NewEgg. Cost of the cooler and heatsinks from NewEgg the same as the cooler alone here in AU.

What's the model? Are you sure the AIB is even still making it? There's a non-zero chance that the reason the queue isn't moving is because PLE aren't getting in any stock of that particular model and are too lazy/reticent to tell you that

This is exactly what happened to me with PLE. It turned out the card wasn't even in production at the time yet they were still taking orders. Given my experiences with them the two times I shopped at their Melbourne store I don't know why I even bothered. * PLE, I'll stick to Case Gear and Scorpy.

DHL from Taipei - just got notification they have my cooler and heatsinks. Shipped directly from Noctua not NewEgg. Cost of the cooler and heatsinks from NewEgg the same as the cooler alone here in AU.

DHL are one of the few shipping without much hassle I think. I was about to order a guitar from the States on Reverb recently which is when I learnt about the USPS thing. Apparently USPS are/were putting stuff addressed to Australia back in the return to sender stream. A couple services on USPS to Aus were still operating but I didn't understand the details nor wanted to risk it. Mentioned it to a mate who pointed me to a Japanese guitar store he uses and I saw there that EMS from there to Aus wasn't operating so they were putting everything on DHL.

Hopefully with the lockdowns lifting in Sydney and Melbourne, the two main gateways into the country, these shipping issues clear up.

Been doing a bit of research on a new case for my PC (YouTube reviews and a few websites), but still finding it hard to nail down exactly what I want, so hoping you guys might have a few suggestions, there seems to be so many to choose from...

Prefer a full sized case (I have a micro-ATX MB, but don't mind the bigger size if it's of greater benefit).
Cooling obviously most important aspect as I'd like to eventually get a 4080 or whatever they release (and I can get my hands on)
Would like all fans pre-installed, but can buy my own if it's of a huge benefit to cooling and/or cost.
No RGB stuff, prefer a white case, but easy really.
Noise reduction a nice to have but I game with headphones so not a big deal

Around $200-300 preferable, but can go over if it's definitely worthwhile.

Cheers for any help, really like to narrow down and then try find something over Black Friday time.

Cheers for any help, really like to narrow down and then try find something over Black Friday time.
Just make sure it has the updated fan controller

Corsair 4000D Airflow, Phanteks P400A, Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Mini are some other well regarded cases iirc

eVGA GeForce XC3 LHR. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the pandemic. I did email them but their reply was basically no new info on what my order says. People say Scorptec has plenty now but their cheapest ones look about 2k? I paid $1300 for mine. Asked around elsewhere and there's a few people even worse than me who have been waiting a month or two longer for their own models

eVGA GeForce XC3 LHR. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the pandemic. I did email them but their reply was basically no new info on what my order says. People say Scorptec has plenty now but their cheapest ones look about 2k? I paid $1300 for mine. Asked around elsewhere and there's a few people even worse than me who have been waiting a month or two longer for their own models
I'd be calling them every couple of days.

Doesn't look to be any stock of that SKU anywhere but Scorptec has the updated version in stock

I'd be pushing PLE hard to try to get them to replace it with something similar at the price you paid.

Pretty poor to be left hanging if you paid full price. It's one thing to pay a deposit but another to be kept waiting 9 months - you could have had a baby in that time!

Thankfully my dealings with PLE for my 6900 XT were seamless (but it was a stock item).

This is the closest to your card that I could find "in stock" with anyone online - not sure who PC Meal is though or how reputable they are - it's a pretty good price for a 3080 (but not what you paid for it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look to be any stock of that SKU anywhere but Scorptec has the updated version in stock

I'd be pushing PLE hard to try to get them to replace it with something similar at the price you paid.

Pretty poor to be left hanging if you paid full price. It's one thing to pay a deposit but another to be kept waiting 9 months - you could have had a baby in that time!

Thankfully my dealings with PLE for my 6900 XT were seamless (but it was a stock item).

At launch they were taking orders for the Strix 3080 non-OC when overseas reps were saying it wasn't even in production. PLE's attitude was pretty much too bad, cancel, order something else and go to back of queue.

Prefer a full sized case (I have a micro-ATX MB, but don't mind the bigger size if it's of greater benefit).
Cooling obviously most important aspect as I'd like to eventually get a 4080 or whatever they release (and I can get my hands on)
Would like all fans pre-installed, but can buy my own if it's of a huge benefit to cooling and/or cost.
No RGB stuff, prefer a white case, but easy really.
Noise reduction a nice to have but I game with headphones so not a big deal
Some of these might fit your needs - they aren't huge but should fit all you need in - some you might need fans

This looks pretty much inline with what you were after too - pretty new on the market I think

Last edited:

This is the closest to your card that I could find "in stock" with anyone online - not sure who PC Meal is though or how reputable they are - it's a pretty good price for a 3080 (but not what you paid for it)

Yeah now that we are opening up more I'll be pushing the issue a bit harder and maybe a mention of the ACCC will yearn some results.

Their fulfillment % just went up from 78 to 79% so it seems the models are definitely still in production.

Yeah now that we are opening up more I'll be pushing the issue a bit harder and maybe a mention of the ACCC will yearn some results.

Their fulfillment % just went up from 78 to 79% so it seems the models are definitely still in production.
Or people are cancelling, pushing the number up.

I'd definitely be pushing them first up, and maybe mention the ACCC if you think they're trying to BS you later on. Given the current situation globally I doubt the ACCC are going to achieve much, PLE will just cry about demand and shortages to hide the fact they dropped the ball on customer service. I'd be pushing for discount on another model or a refund, as there's no way they'll give you the chipset you ordered at the price you paid.

This board is pretty easy. All the posters are cool, the footy and politics crap stay at the door, it's just a safe place for nerds to come and be nerds. I see what some of the other board mods have to put up with. No thanks.
As long as they don't release any new AFL Evolution games, it's easy. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back