Strategy Pearce forward (now with poll)

Where should Alex Pearce play?

• Forward

• Back

• Back but occasionally pinch-hitting up forward

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't really know where this question should be asked so will start here. Anyone heard about Gossage bagging Alex about his kicking on twitter ?? Had a decent crack only for Wayne Scwhass to put him in his place. Poor form if true. Alex's disposal needs work but so did Alex Rance @ the start of his career. Not on twitter myself so help needed here.
Gossage is a f...wit so not really interested in anything he posts.
Agree. Watched Justin Leppitsch being interviewed by Mike Sheahan recently - Justin Did a lot of work with Rance and one of the key points made sense. He said that a lot of the younger kp players were inconsistent kickers because of their height. When they kick off one leg, they don’t have the core strength to stay balanced.
In addition to this, Alex has been playing with an ankle injury and he was touch and go to play last week according to the media. He would have been playing with heavy strapping and jabs.
He’s doing an amazing job considering he has had two years off.

I think he needs to stay down back for now at least, master the backline earn all Australian then look at doing a pav and going up the other end.
The 2 blokes I’d like to swap and just see how they went Is Luke Ryan to the forward line and McCarthy off half back.
Ryan can kick, he’s a Lukey Mac quality mark. McCarthy would get some freedom for the first time in purple, he can take a grab he tall and athletic and his field kicking is superb. Just wondering is all
Ryan is the most natural defender on our list. Leave him in the backline.

Back