Traded Pearce Hanley [traded with pick 19 to GC for Port's 2017 first round pick and pick 22]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Brisbane supporters are going to be salty come bidding night. Personally more than happy to bid for Ballenden at 6.

Oh hi Derek.

Seriously though, we heard the same sort of stuff with Tickner, Conway, Hammelman, Dawson, Allison etc... Knightmare has a tendency to rate the academy kids higher than the professionals and with him goes the rest of Bigfooty.

Geez even Hipwood was bid with a late first rounder and Harris Andrews slid to the third round.

You'd be pretty game to take Ballenden at 6 because we'd consider carefully whether we match or not, and that would be for us to get him at 12, throwing 6 at him would be leaving some very appealing and more accomplished talent on the table.

I wouldn't totally put it past Derek the Blinker but I doubt it.

The Lions academy just keeps churning out those talls. Kobe Tozer in the pipeline and then Lachie McCormick and Lu'ba Kagi after that.

Last edited:
Wow Brisbane supporters are going to be salty come bidding night. Personally more than happy to bid for Ballenden at 6.

Going to be some salty Collingwood supporters come draft night then. Knowing we don't have to reach for KP talent, we will walk away with a player they're happy to take at 6, as our third selection.

Going to be some salty Collingwood supporters come draft night then. Knowing we don't have to reach for KP talent, we will walk away with a player they're happy to take at 6, as our third selection.
Wow Brisbane supporters are so defensive. I'll keep my jug ready to collect you guys' salty tears come bidding night.

I for one look forward to watching Collingwood bidding for Ballenden with their first pick. Whether Brisbane matches said bid remains to be seen.

Bidding night is draft night. They're not seperate anymore.

Bump.

Hanley and pick 19 (2016) for Pick 12 (2017) and pick 22 (2016).

That is equivalent to pick 14 for Hanley. I'd call that a win for Brisbane considering the season Hanley had in 2017.

And just to top it off I am pretty sure that pick 22 netted up Alex Witherden!
Rough on Hanley with everything that happened with him personally over the year. Reckon he will be a different player next season.

Still Brisbane are building a great team up the highway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh hi Derek.

Seriously though, we heard the same sort of stuff with Tickner, Conway, Hammelman, Dawson, Allison etc... Knightmare has a tendency to rate the academy kids higher than the professionals and with him goes the rest of Bigfooty.

Geez even Hipwood was bid with a late first rounder and Harris Andrews slid to the third round.

You'd be pretty game to take Ballenden at 6 because we'd consider carefully whether we match or not, and that would be for us to get him at 12, throwing 6 at him would be leaving some very appealing and more accomplished talent on the table.

I wouldn't totally put it past Derek the Blinker but I doubt it.

The Lions academy just keeps churning out those talls. Kobe Tozer in the pipeline and then Lachie McCormick and Lu'ba Kagi after that.

Lions would be silly to match a bid at 6 for Ballenden. Talk is a bid might not come until the late 20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back