2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I'd say there are 8 songs better than it on No Code, but it's a damn catchy tune!

check out "The Present Tense"..

Seriously? It meanders along not really going anywhere until the end.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I have a big question here....

Should Pearl Jam have included Yellow Ledbetter and State of Love and Trust on Ten...

because, if they had have done that, you could be looking at possibly the best album of all time, or at least something on the level of Zeppelin IV. Jesus, leaving two of your best songs off the main album, what were they thinking...

(Even Zeppelin or a Radiohead wouldn't leave their best work off the main thing)..

anyway, rant over..

Last edited:

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I have a big question here....

Should Pearl Jam have included Yellow Ledbetter and State of Love and Trust on Ten...

because, if they had have done that, you could be looking at possibly the best album of all time, or at least something on the level of Zeppelin IV. Jesus, leaving two of your best songs off the main album, what were they thinking...
Betterman was also written before that album came out aswell. Hit songs for days haha

Bother was another good song that didn't make the cut for that album.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Betterman was also written before that album came out aswell. Hit songs for days haha

Bother was another good song that didn't make the cut for that album.

Again, some bands do this and it's kind of dumb, i know they probably had artistic or philosophical reasons to leave certain songs off, but what is the point??? If you have gems then use them.

I'm sure the guys in Pearl Jam wouldn't want their favourite bands to leave gems off the main albums...

anyway...

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
10. Animal - Vs - 1993

That opening riff catches your ear straight away and this is a great song to showcase every member of the band especially Vedder with his voice really giving the chorus an iconic sound and McCready really delivers on the little solo at the end. Short and sweet and the song never fails in keeping my interest and the band works so well together in this song and it goes well with "Go" for that one two punch at the start of Vs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
9. Jeremy - Ten - 1991

One of the most iconic music video's of all time imo, even as a very young kid I could understand what the song was about and Eddie Vedder does an excellent job with this song telling a story in a way that hits you. Not to mention the song sounds great with the bass and guitars really giving the song its own unique feel. The end of the song is just incredible with Eddie Vedder's haunting voice and all of the songs main riffs through the song all coming together to make a masterpiece of a song.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
8. Daughter(Live) - Vs - 1993

Daughter is a fine song on its own but it is given new life when performed live when it is seemlessly mixed with other songs or even songs that Pearl Jam hasn't made and in this video's case it's Neil Youngs "Rockin In The Free World". Always thought this version of the song sounded really cool and I still love how the make this song unforgettable just in its performance

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
7. Alive - Ten - 1991

One of the greatest guitar solo's you will ever here. Alive is the song that put Pearl Jam on the map and this is such a raw and powerful song with every member of the band working well and truly shining. An opening riff that's instantly recognisable and the tempo sounding great whether its slow or fast. 7 still feels to low for me for such a great song.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
6. Rearviewmirror - Vs - 1993

Such a great hard hitting song that sound amazing the whole way. The riff is instantly recognisable and it's one of their best. The chorus sounds amazing I just love it and then the song takes an awesome turn in the last 2 minutes when McCready starts to really shine. I just love songs that up the tempo near the end and this song does it so well

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
6. Rearviewmirror - Vs - 1993

Such a great hard hitting song that sound amazing the whole way. The riff is instantly recognisable and it's one of their best. The chorus sounds amazing I just love it and then the song takes an awesome turn in the last 2 minutes when McCready starts to really shine. I just love songs that up the tempo near the end and this song does it so well

You are cooking on all cylinders now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back