Prediction Pedo >>>>> Spudosaurus in the Number 6 Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

You could say it about so may players on our list but watts + dawes would be a good footballer

Or a really, really, really terrible footballer... I think his name was Lucas Cook.

He was quite good against Richmond, just not as a key forward. I vaguely recall him getting a crumbing style goal or running past someone to put one through from inside the goal square, and I think the other goal he got was from an uncontested mark in the pocket. At very best you can he 'provides a contest' as a key forward, but that's a bit of a euphemism for flapping his hands at the ball as it goes over his head or crashes off those cast iron mittens he uses for hands. He lumbers after opponents occasionally and lays the odd tackle, but if that's the reason to keep him in the side we may as well stop watching football for the next 5 years.

Dawes isn't a key forward. He's not good enough to do any role at AFL level. Ditto with Howe not being a back and Watts not being whatever the latest position we're trying to shoehorn him into is. They show some flashes of skill and talent every now and again but we have too many types in the 22 who turn up for 15 minutes a match or once every 10 games. We're talking about guys who are 24-27 years old - if they're not regular contributors now, hard to argue that they ever will be. I've been waiting for the worm to turn but I think the club would be better to stop hoping for miracles, to shuffle them on, get some new players in and move on.

Dawes is a shitter version of Ben holland, atleast holland could go back and kick the odd haul

You could say it about so may players on our list but watts + dawes would be a good footballer

Send Watts and Dawes down to Melbourne University School of Science.

flyvsfly.jpg

Never rated Chris Dawes at the dees. Don't care how much "heart" he has or how "determined" he is, he's a ******* s**t footballer, plain and simple.

You'd hope that the amount you pay a player has no bearing on selection, but I can't fathom why Pedo struggles to break into the team and Dawes get's a free pass week in week out

Pedo >>>>>> Dawes

Pedo was great yesterday, deserves a decent run. That said I would hate to sit in our forward line. Never see the footy and when you do it's getting shelled at you. Until we have a midfield that can generally get on top and win the footy, our forwards will always struggle.

Could Dawes play as a key defender? Just throwing it out there...

It's his only hope of redeeming his AFL career. Not particularly mobile and can't use his body strength for toffee so he isn't going to be great back there, but if he can flap at the ball enough to distract an opponent then he'd at least serve some purpose.

Dawes would be awful as a key defender, his mobility is garbage.

We have a few too many players like him on our list unfortunately, as Cannon82 said guys like Howe, Watts and Dawes aren't putting it together consistently at their age then they never will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's his only hope of redeeming his AFL career. Not particularly mobile and can't use his body strength for toffee so he isn't going to be great back there, but if he can flap at the ball enough to distract an opponent then he'd at least serve some purpose.

Nicho style.

Could Dawes play as a key defender? Just throwing it out there...

He can certainly play the Jeremy Howe role of standing down there and slowly losing interest in life while not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing.

He can certainly play the Jeremy Howe role of standing down there and slowly losing interest in life while not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing.
JH is a DC where the first letter of the second word is 'dumb'.

Dawes is average at best, but he's playing poorly even by his standards, and the problem is that he's not alone. With the exception of Cross and maybe Jones, the senior players are performing well below par, and what the hell has happened to the Dom Tyson we saw last season? Was supposedly carrying a niggle but was running out the game okay yesterday. He just seems to be badly out of sorts. Whatever Roos is doing to get through to the players, it isn't working at present. They are simply not this s**t.

But I agree that if the same rules applying to everyone is genuine, Pedo stays and Dawes goes to the Scorps.
I think it's a bit harsh to lump the blame on Dawes. With Hogan out, he took their best defender. Dawes was recruited to be a third forward behind Hogan and Clark. We only had 36 inside 50's. If the balls not getting down there, it's a little hard.

I think it's a bit harsh to lump the blame on Dawes. With Hogan out, he took their best defender. Dawes was recruited to be a third forward behind Hogan and Clark. We only had 36 inside 50's. If the balls not getting down there, it's a little hard.

No it isn't. There are raw kids at other clubs doing ten times a better job than Dawes does here. You don't recruit someone on half a million a year to play 3rd fiddle, especially behind what at the time was a 17 year old. The guy is 27, has played over a hundred games, won a Premiership, came over here on big bucks and yet if he has someone at all reasonably competent on him, you can safely chalk him up to have little to no impact. 193 cm and 105 kg of solid press conference!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back