Peel Scratchmatch

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at the second half
Windy conditions led to poor kicking and a decided advantage to the western end
Darby meek and jones all played with all spending time on ball and up forward
Matera was busy but like all players disposal was ordinary
Red haired youngster Schultz? Looks promising moves well nice size
Don't like to put a line through players and it was a tough day for the forwards but cam McCarthy just leaves you scratching your head. With cox and Taberner both out and the younger guys either not ready or injured is he the most likely to play against North because on what I observed he shouldn't be
Almost forgot North was pretty good looks to have added some size
Crowded is a goer but having watched him in last years pre season his disposal has not improved which is disappointing
Anyway good luck on Sunday and for the remainder of the season hoping to get along to have a look

Toby Watson

Saw the whole game, which really wasn’t anything more than the two coaches having a look at their list, with very windy conditions favouring the northern end.

Ex- Peel players Dylan Winton, Alex Bray and Michael Tassone played for the Sharks, as did Luke Strnadica.

Not many Peel players I recognised, other than Trey Bennell, and Zach Merrett played in the ressies.

Last quarter was great with Shultz, Sturt and Crowden showing their talent. Jason Carter also gave us some glimpses to his ability. His chasing and pressure is superb.

Duman and Nyhuis were good, Matera and McCarthy tried but did nothing special, whilst Tobe Watson has great potential. He just needs to bulk up though.

Mitch Crowden’s goal to win the game in the dying seconds was a thing of beauty.

No injuries that I saw, which was the biggest plus for mine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

So assuming tabs and cox injured. I see the forward line for round one as certainties in hogan, lobb, Ballantyne (don’t agree his should be, but realistically is) and most likely Banfield and possibly colyer and assuming Walters more mid.

Did Shultz or McCarthy do enough to take the last spot? Or will it be hogan, lobb, Ballantyne, Banfield, colyer and Walter / Mundy / Fyfe / cerra rotation for last spot

So assuming tabs and cox injured. I see the forward line for round one as certainties in hogan, lobb, Ballantyne (don’t agree his should be, but realistically is) and most likely Banfield and possibly colyer and assuming Walters more mid.

Did Shultz or McCarthy do enough to take the last spot? Or will it be hogan, lobb, Ballantyne, Banfield, colyer and Walter / Mundy / Fyfe / cerra rotation for last spot

I personally think that Shultz did. Peel’s forward line was non-existent for most of the game and he was the shining light. I know the stats won’t say that though.

Rightly or wrongly the general trend for Freo is that the rd team 1 is selected from those that played in the JLT series. I hope to be wrong but I predict neither Schultz or McCrafty will play. RTB was asked after the game whether the injuries to Cox/Tabs brought McCrafty into the mix. He said “that is a good question or instead we could go a bit smaller”. Why was Schultz a late pull-out for JLT2 so he could play Peel scratchy and bring Bewley in?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone found out the time and venue for the Peel v South Freo preseason game on Saturday? I'm assuming Freo oval sometime in the afternoon?

I did check Peel's Facebook page but all I found there was that I could get a cheap "Parmy"... Clever of them to avoid the "Is it Parmi or Parma?" debate by spelling it completely different again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone found out the time and venue for the Peel v South Freo preseason game on Saturday? I'm assuming Freo oval sometime in the afternoon?
Finally found the details...

Preseason Game 1 v South Freo - Sat 23 Mar - 2:15pm @ Freo Oval
Preseason Game 2 v Perth - Sat 30 Mar - 4:30pm @ David Grays Arena

How many injuries from this game?

And ahhhh, also... how did the team play and did any of the Freo listed players show a bit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back