Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
This Sat Peel v Perth Demons
Reserves 12.00
League 2.05 pm
Not sure if any of the Freo boys are playing but just on the off chance Mora might have a run I will pop in

Great to hear that Mora is playing in a scratch match for Peel on Saturday. (According to Channel 7)

salim malik - a detailed report would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 5, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross said in his presser tonight that Mora, Sylvia and a 'fair few' boys will be playing in the Peel scratchie this weekend.

Going to be worth the trip methinks, free entry and cheap beers a good reason to support our new partner club :) Personally I'm almost as excited about Peel this year as Freo I reckon.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross said in his presser tonight that Mora, Sylvia and a 'fair few' boys will be playing in the Peel scratchie this weekend.

Going to be worth the trip methinks, free entry and cheap beers a good reason to support our new partner club :) Personally I'm almost as excited about Peel this year as Freo I reckon.
Makes sense. Wouldn't surprise me if Ibbo plays on Saturday. Hopefully a few of the bigfooty lads get down to this game.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I've forgotten - was Sylvia unavailable tonight because of knock or something, or do we read something into the fact he's running out for Peel instead (with regard to him being the automatic selection for R1 that some have been arguing)?

Feb 5, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've forgotten - was Sylvia unavailable tonight because of knock or something, or do we read something into the fact he's running out for Peel instead (with regard to him being the automatic selection for R1 that some have been arguing)?

Only 2 possible situations I reckon. Either Ross Lyon is wrong, because he is a dithering old fool or our concussion policy stopped him from playing because the West Coast game was Thursday. If the West Coast game was 30 odd hours later he would definitely be playing.

Maybe pokerspiv our resident Sylvia expert could shed a bit of light on it?

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Sylvia didn't play because he is nursing some kind of injury. You seem to think it's because he's gone from a top midfielder to a WAFL spud over the course of one preseason. I guess we'll see who's right in the next few weeks.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I think Sylvia didn't play because he is nursing some kind of injury. You seem to think it's because he's gone from a top midfielder to a WAFL spud over the course of one preseason. I guess we'll see who's right in the next few weeks.

He is playing for Peel on Saturday and this will be his last chance to impress. I personally do not think his fitness is up to Fremantle level and he will play 4 to 10 games into WAFL, demand selection and then play some excellent football for us.

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why does he not? Hes clearly going to play but it won't be before they think his fitness is at an acceptable level.

I agree, but that's not what these guys are talking about. They are saying he needs to impress us with his form in the WAFL because they can't be bothered watching the games he played with Melbourne and are basing his talent on the 1 NAB cup game he played.

I agree, but that's not what these guys are talking about. They are saying he needs to impress us with his form in the WAFL because they can't be bothered watching the games he played with Melbourne and are basing his talent on the 1 NAB cup game he played.

Fair enough, hadn't read through the thread.
Yeah i agree there also, hes clearly impressed someone (Bondy, Ross, Lloyd) for us to throw a 3 year deal at him.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd

The fact that he has not been training with the main group for most of the preseason has concerned me more than his NAB cup form. I will be surprised if he is picked for round 1 (unless Ballas and Walters are out then he will be in )

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
At this stage I don't think he'll be picked for round 1 either because it's apparent he's not fit yet. But that doesn't change the fact that he's in our best 22 when he is fit, something very few posters here are willing to acknowledge.

Purple Maverick

Let the cobblers do the cobbling
Sep 6, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leeds Utd FC
Its more to do with getting the kms and minutes into the legs. Ross has said many times this is the key KPI when looking selecting midfielders to play first team. A key reason with Michie dominating Waffle last year and not getting a call up over the likes of Sheridan & Neale

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The past counts for nothing, only great effort gets you into the best 22, the players pick themselves etc. etc. etc.

Back