Peel Thunder - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Deboer probably won't win it off of 12 games anyway, deserves a send off game in the AFL with the Gu

Menegola was meant to win it last year but couldn't with only 14 games, its just not enough when the polling is a 5-4-3-2-1 vote, ten missed games are 50 possible missed votes

Betting DeBoer would jump at the chance to play in Pav's last game which is also potentially his last AFL game - no brainer I would have thought.

In order to celebrate Suban's imminent finals qualification for Peel I think everyone should tag meima
Me again. If he play the chance to advance further for peel is limited.

Last edited:
Surprising that we didn't qualify Griffin for ruck in the WAFL seeing as he is signed up for next season so he shouldn't be retiring.

Clarke played better then him last week which suggests to me that Clarke has told the club he is out and therefore dropped.

Suban and Balic look to be qualifying this week, unless one of them has picked up an unforeseen injury *touch wood* and that would round out our Final available players for this season. Will come back later when the teams are announced to double check this

EDIT: Collins being dropped tells me he will be playing WAFL finals for sure as well, remains to be seen whether players who spent the majority of the backend of the season in AFL (Blakely, Langdon, Silvagni) will actually play WAFL finals but we will find out next weekend.

Surprising that we didn't qualify Griffin for ruck in the WAFL seeing as he is signed up for next season so he shouldn't be retiring.

Clarke played better then him last week which suggests to me that Clarke has told the club he is out and therefore dropped.

Suban and Balic look to be qualifying this week, unless one of them has picked up an unforeseen injury *touch wood* and that would round out our Final available players for this season. Will come back later when the teams are announced to double check this

EDIT: Collins being dropped tells me he will be playing WAFL finals for sure as well, remains to be seen whether players who spent the majority of the backend of the season in AFL (Blakely, Langdon, Silvagni) will actually play WAFL finals but we will find out next weekend.

Should be a hell of a team.

I support South Freo so could be a win win qualifying final as Peel n South should plsy each other if Peel beat Claremont on Sat

Should be a hell of a team.

I support South Freo so could be a win win qualifying final as Peel n South should plsy each other if Peel beat Claremont on Sat
What you talking about ? south vs west perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel Thunder
BB HancockS CollinsB Mcgowan
HBJ BootsmaA MorabitoE Hughes
CC ThorneN SubanH Balic
HFG UgleT SmithB Lawler
FFT BennellB BellJ Hannath
FZ ClarkeJ DelucaR Obrien
Int.A Bray, R Nyhuis, K Power, B Walsh, A Haydon, J Mathers, K May,
InH Balic, B Mcgowan, N Suban, J Mathers, S Collins, Z Clarke

B Hancock Collins McGowan
HB Bootsma Morabito Hughes
C Thorne Suban Balic
HF Ugle Smith Lawler
FF Bennell Bell Hannath
F Clarke Deluca O'Brien
Int. Bray Nyhuis Power Walsh Haydon Mathers May

Great to see Balic in and Smith back. Plus the Freo emergencies.

Alright so I have done my final update for the spreadsheet for this season, don't mind the funny way of tracking finalists I just like to see what time of the season players got nominated for finals and that kind of minor stuff.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jBZI0Loo1Y8hQCpP0f5MSn2hoELLwEqzy-T7_ySC310/edit?usp=sharing

Suban and Balic make the cut for the finals series, Griffin still a slight chance to make it as he is on the extended bench, depends on whether we run with Sandi + apeness and Tabs or Sandi + griff and ape, we usually run the dual ruck but it may not be worth dropping Taberner only to miss out on finals qualification by one game.

At this point we have 21 players qualified with 3 players who seem to be out for the finals series (Clancee can possibly come back if we go deep, possibly unlikely)

So I would say we would field maybe 18 or so freo players at most through the finals but it's going to be an interesting selection process between Peel and Fremantle match comittee, would suck for Peel players to miss after playing the whole season but who knows how the Fremantle staff will see it.

Last edited:
Super excited to see that Balic's named! Is this game broadcast at all?
Looks like East Perth vs East Fremantle is the scheduled game for the round, pretty disappointing Peel was only broadcast 2 times on TV this whole year but the Easts game probably deserves to be broadcast, it should be game of the round and decides the last finalist, I guess thats why they leave the round 23 tv fixture as a floating one

So SPS not listed in any of the Claremont teams this week :( Waterman also doesn't seem to be listed. Guelfi looks like he might line up against Peel in the seniors. Goddard still playing Colts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back