Peel Thunder - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the chances on mzungu kicking the 1st goal for peel.

If he would be pretty unique achievement if he can do it. It would mean he would be the 1st player to kick a goal in a grand final for both Fremantle and Peel if he can manage it.

Love it - trivia question for ever.

Love it - trivia question for ever.
The odds are pretty long*, since virtually every professional and semi professional team in existence in Oz football has already played in a GF it's hard to replicate. In order to do it you need to be at a AFL Club that played it's first GF in the same era as being affiliated to second level team that had never played in a GF or vice versa. Basically only Freo (Mz), GC and GWS can do it in the current era. Who kicked GWS's first in the NEAFL the other week?

*(Mathematically it's 22 * 22, 1 in 444, just for the two teams, without taking into account all the other conjunctions required you could put a number too. I'd suggest tens of thousands to one. If not millions.)

B E Hughes S Collins J Bootsma
HB R Nyhuis A Silvagni T Mzungu
C E Langdon C Blakely D Tucker
HF G Ugle M Apeness B Bell
FF J Deluca S Yarran J Griffin
F Z Clarke M De Boer N Suban
Int. H Balic, J Hannath, C Pearce, A Haydon, R Obrien, C Thorne, A Bray, B Lawler

In J Hannath, A Haydon, C Thorne, A Bray,
Out

Team is out and looks like no injuries so there wouldn't be any changes you would think, expect Hannath, Haydon, Thorne and Bray to miss on the weekend.

Int. H Balic, J Hannath, C Pearce, A Haydon, R Obrien, C Thorne, A Bray, B Lawler

Out

Team is out and looks like no injuries so there wouldn't be any changes you would think, expect Hannath, Haydon, Thorne and Bray to miss on the weekend.

I know I'm on my own with this but I'd like to see Haydon, Thorne or Bray come in for Griff.

What are the chances on mzungu kicking the 1st goal for peel.

If he would be pretty unique achievement if he can do it. It would mean he would be the 1st player to kick a goal in a grand final for both Fremantle and Peel if he can manage it.

He's also our first ever player to take a catch in the crowd at a Big Bash League game!

I know I'm on my own with this but I'd like to see Haydon, Thorne or Bray come in for Griff.
I don't think they're tall enough ...
Apeness is pretty much the lone key forward in that line-up. I guess you could include Yarran as well if you wanted. So with that, they won't want him rucking parts of the game and having no primary target up front.

I don't think they're tall enough ...
Apeness is pretty much the lone key forward in that line-up. I guess you could include Yarran as well if you wanted. So with that, they won't want him rucking parts of the game and having no primary target up front.

While he's rucking then Clarke becomes...yeah see what you mean, no primary target up forward.

Seriously though, Bell and Yarran are fine as targets if Ape is rucking and Clarke is at FF for short spells. Otherwise ruck Silvagni who is as tall as Subi's ruckman. Collins, Bootsma and Hughes can look after the Subi tall forwards.

Out

Delucs will tag Kitchin again, not sit in a forward pocket.
Going to be wet so I don't think Hannath will join Clarke, Griffin and Apeness. They will be too tall surely. That's a strong team on paper nevertheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I against it due to the above mention players cant play in wet weather.

Out

All this talk of this Peel side being the Dockers really isn't there. Besides Clarke, suban and Yarran, most of that side barely played any game for Freo this year.

What happens with the VFL alignment sides? Do they have a limit on numbers of AFL listed players?

All this talk of this Peel side being the Dockers really isn't there. Besides Clarke, suban and Yarran, most of that side barely played any game for Freo this year.

What happens with the VFL alignment sides? Do they have a limit on numbers of AFL listed players?
Blakely Tucker Langdon all played more than Yarran
edit: Collins too

Tucker, Blakely, Langdon, collins even big Griff and Silva played quite a few games at freo this year

Afl games played this year;

Nyhuis 0
Deluca 0
Balic 0

Hannath 2
DeBoer 4
C Pearce 4
Silvagni 5
Apeness 5
Mzungu 5
Hughes 5
Yarran 6
Collins 12
Tucker 12
Griffin 13
Clarke 13
Langdon 13
Suban 15
Blakely 15

Personally I think a cutoff of 5 WAFL games isn't right, it should be a combo of say no more than 10-12 AFL games but must have played 8 WAFL games too. We'd have 11 guys under the 10 AFL games which feels about right to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back