Peel Thunder 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn’t watch or listen but from the sounds of it there’s some promising signs from some of the players

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn’t watch or listen but from the sounds of it there’s some promising signs from some of the players

I listened.
Commentators constantly impressed by Giro’s work rate.
They were complimentary on Apeness.
North built in second half.
Crowden rubbish.
Didn’t really notice others despite large numbers, so probably just passing it around at half back. Talking about Duman and Hughes maybe Kersten.
Sheridan popped up with levels of excitement so probably a bit of dash.

Not a great game to listen to when we scored 4 goals.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I've got an idea. We could take Peel's forward structure and transfer it to the "Not Enough Bigs" thread.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
How’d Nads go?

Not a day for talls.
Did a little. Benched in the last when Peel realised too tall up forward and requiring run.
Feels like Apeness is next in line to give Sandilands a rest or should Sandi go down to injury.

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Ape is fit enough I'd like to see him given a few weeks at AFL level soon. If he can stay on the park and shows enough then it's worth extending him at the end of the year. If he doesn't make it then at least we know.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Ape is fit enough I'd like to see him given a few weeks at AFL level soon. If he can stay on the park and shows enough then it's worth extending him at the end of the year. If he doesn't make it then at least we know.

If he's getting his mobility back he's as important to us as any of the guys out of the side , him and Darcy in the same side lifts our agro levels by 150%

Please footy gods give us a break

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Nice goal from North by the sounds. Peel should run away with this with the wind in the 4th.
You were joking weren't you about running away with the game in the 4th ? They tried that against Perth and lost by a goal.

Last edited:

Puregold

All Australian
Jul 29, 2009
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Why would he get a rocket? Maybe he is running into some fitness after so long out .
According to Cam Shepheard in the post game they gave him a rocket for last week's performance. Didn't compete hard enough.
+ Bennell had to sit out the last 1.5 quarters due to reaching his required distances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Logue probably played less ToG than Harley
I was at the game and Harley didn't play the whole game as he sat out the whole of the last qtr whereas Logue was out there in each qtr and appeared to have his mormal number of interchanges.

BigKep

Senior List
Jul 15, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I listened and Apeness and Giro were the clear standouts for Peel. Giro winning ball at will and he covers a lot of ground. Next cab of the rank if a small is injured. Apeness has been playing lead ruck recently and he got plenty of ball today so if we're going to give Sandi a rest he's the most likely to give him that chop out.

Jones didn't show much although he's being played out of position in the forward line. I looked at the reserves stats and I'm not sure what his hitout count was but Meek only had 8 touches.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
I was at the game and Harley didn't play the whole game as he sat out the whole of the last qtr whereas Logue was out there in each qtr and appeared to have his mormal number of interchanges.
Just looked like he was hardly out there

Whenever he was on and around the ball he did well

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Not a day for talls.
Did a little. Benched in the last when Peel realised too tall up forward and requiring run.
Feels like Apeness is next in line to give Sandilands a rest or should Sandi go down to injury.

Yeah, it seems he’s been good in bursts but will need to string four quarters together over a few games to get a look in

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, it seems he’s been good in bursts but will need to string four quarters together over a few games to get a look in

No doubt but if Sandilands goes down I think Apeness plays before Jones. That’s all I meant.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is Apeness being spoken of as though he needs to develop into a #1 ruckman? All Apeness needs to be able to do is be an average 2nd ruck, but play mainly forward. We just need to throw him in and up forward ASAP to see how he goes.
In the flag by 2020 scenario, in two years time we must have Darcy as the main ruck and Apeness forward and pinch hitting ruck, that's the only combination that will come close to fulfilling that pipe dream, assuming we can't trade in Hogan or the like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back