Peel Thunder 2018

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that our full player list will be finalized after the rookie draft it's time to look at who might shape up for Peel in 2018.

Will be interesting to position the new guys on the field and predict who over the season will get the most opportunity to play for Freo.

I'd expect both Brayshaw and Cerra to play for Freo however may start at Peel.

Crowden for me would be the perfect high half forward.

It will most likely be a more youthful side that should play finals.

Interested in Peels 22 and what others expect from some of the 1st and 2nd year players?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Utterly shocked that meima didn't start this thread :p
Two flag enough , need to give some consolation to East Perth next year . ;). Our time to complain about thier alignment Eastgle.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
A chance to go B2B2B IMO (injuries permitting). If all goes to plan for Freo then I expect they will have a lovely blend of youth and experience come finals. Will have to drop some height when it gets serious though. Defense is noticeably weaker this year IMO but the rest of the ground is better (wont have Ryan in the finals either).

Don't expect to see Andy or Cerra there for more than 5-8 games total. Think Crowden will definitely get a look next year at freo and Duman may as well. Think Peel will have D Pearce for 95% of the season (probably 100% if we have better injury luck). Will probably have access to some of the better younger guys like Langdon or Tucker at times.

Sad to say it but think Spurr and Ballas may spend time there. Especially Spurr towards the back end (think he will be given early opportunity due to well earned credits). Will be big in finals IMO.

Side will be WAY too tall most games but expect Peel to DOMINATE the ruck in every game between Meek, Jones and Nads.

Reckon Switto will impact straight away and expect North and Crowden to rack up huge numbers if played in the middle. Agree that I think Crowden will spend time in the forward half with development expectation for Freo.

Brady to dominate and Duman to build. Think poor Nads is going to play more ressies this year which is disappointing. Will be interested to see where they play Ape and Dixon if fit.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Stuff East Perth - I hope they come last with all their spuddy new recruits... and Allen.
Peel will plan to play senior and reserve final series next year with the rule change .

Presume they are not drafted or play somewhere else for better opportunities

Peel local (reserve or senior)
Jordan BOULLINEAU
04-May-99 | 187.2cm | 77.5kg | Peel Thunder
“A medium sized defender who reads the game well. He has a strong body, great rebounding skills, is a good kick and knows how to set up others. His intercept marking is probably his greatest asset. Played Colts for us and was close to getting a game at senior level. Will need to get bigger to take on the big forwards but has the scope for that.” – Peel Thunder football manager Shane Creevey.

Damon CRAMER
14-Aug-98 | 191.5cm | 68.7kg | Peel Thunder
“A skinny medium forward who is a nice overhead mark and really neat kick. Will need to work on his size over the next year or two but he works hard on his game so that won’t be an issue. A chance for a rookie spot and has potential, which he showed in the five senior games he played.” – Peel football manager Shane Creevey.

Lachlan MITCHELL
04-Jul-99 | 181.5cm | 73.7kg | Peel Thunder
“Lachlan is a hard-running midfielder who is a good size, works hard and just accumulates possessions. He was unlucky not to get a crack at senior level late in the year but rolled his ankle. Works hard both ways which is important and might be a late draft or rookie list pick.” – Peel Thunder football manager Shane Creevey.

Last edited:

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just hope they (Peel) don't have any ruckmen lined up for this upcoming season. Freo will provide those.

The forward line should be more potent with Leroy playing a lone hand down there for most of this year.

Hopefully Brayshaw and Cerra are given plenty of opportunities in the firsts. They're good enough.

Crowden, Meek, North and Switkowski will get opportunities when we have injuries. They'll need to cement their spots when they do.

Dixon and Jones will play for Peel all year imo.

Of our other younguns, hopefully Strnadica, Duman, Nyhuis get at least a couple of games each in the firsts but should be mostly at Peel.

Grey should be at Peel most of the year too. If he plays for Freo most of the year, we've either suffered a heap of injuries and/or our young blokes haven't developed as expected.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just hope they (Peel) don't have any ruckmen lined up for this upcoming season. Freo will provide those.

The forward line should be more potent with Leroy playing a lone hand down there for most of this year.

Hopefully Brayshaw and Cerra are given plenty of opportunities in the firsts. They're good enough.

Crowden, Meek, North and Switkowski will get opportunities when we have injuries. They'll need to cement their spots when they do.

Dixon and Jones will play for Peel all year imo.

Of our other younguns, hopefully Strnadica, Duman, Nyhuis get at least a couple of games each in the firsts but should be mostly at Peel.

Grey should be at Peel most of the year too. If he plays for Freo most of the year, we've either suffered a heap of injuries and/or our young blokes haven't developed as expected.
With the rule change , I think 10 or 11 Freo playera can only play Finals (if they make it) , predict at least 4 -5 will start for Peel reserve in the first few round .

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Be a bit too heavy but assuming the new draftees don’t play round one, a midfield of Brayshaw, Cerra, North and Crowden will be a thing of beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t like it, I think physically they could get beaten up on a slow wet track.

Need some Brady Grey muscle around the stoppage.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will the three 'S's be re-united in the Peel backline? (Spurr, Sutcliffe and Sheridan)

Will we have the tallest forward line in the history of the WAFL? (if Meek, Jones, Apeness, Strnadica & Dixon all play)

Will Ballantyne play forward or on his wing? (@ Rushton Park)

Will Danyle Pearce kick to the advantage of a player inside 50 in 2018? (just once and to one of ours I mean)

Who out of Scott Jones, Lloyd Meek and Michael Apeness will 'accidentally' kill someone by landing on top of them first?

Will Cam Shepherd occasionally line-up 4 ruck-sized players in the middle just to scare the living daylights out of the opposition?

Reserves B22 (still expecting Cox and Logue will play plenty of AFL don't worry)

B Ryan Nyhuis (188cm) ~ Brennan Cox (193cm) ~ Lee Spurr (182cm)

HB Cameron Sutcliffe (186cm) ~ Griffin Logue (193cm) ~ Tommy Sheridan (187cm)

C Taylin Duman (192cm) ~ Bailey Banfield (188cm) ~ Danyle Pearce (178cm)

HF Brady Grey (180cm) ~ Hugh Dixon (196cm) ~ Shane Kersten (191cm)

F Sam Switkowski (179cm) ~ Michael Apeness (200cm) ~ Hayden Ballantyne (173cm)

R Lloyd Meek (202cm) ~ Tom North (184cm) ~ Mitch Crowden (175cm)

I/C or EMG Stefan Giro (175cm) ~ Scott Jones (204cm) ~ Luke Strnadica (201cm)

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will the three 'S's be re-united in the Peel backline? (Spurr, Sutcliffe and Sheridan)

Will we have the tallest forward line in the history of the WAFL? (if Meek, Jones, Apeness, Strnadica & Dixon all play)

Will Danyle Pearce kick to the advantage of a player inside 50 in 2018? (just once and to one of ours I mean)

Who out of Scott Jones, Lloyd Meek and Michael Apeness will 'accidentally' kill someone by landing on top of them first?

Will Cam Shepherd occasionally line-up 4 ruck-sized players in the middle just to scare the living daylights out of the opposition?

Reserves B22 (still expecting Cox and Logue will play plenty of AFL don't worry)

Very potent with.heaps of youth that will hopefully improve as the season continues

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool

How many Peel Local must play in WAFL ?

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Must? None. But you knew that already.

What do you mean must ? Is it Freo had their own team like Adelaide and Port , I actually don't mind .

There is rule for final series but not really specific for home and away matches .

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Might stick some money on Peel ressies playing finals , assuming 2-3 listed talls will probably play down

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Might stick some money on Peel ressies playing finals , assuming 2-3 listed talls will probably play down
Good idea, I think Apeness, meek and Stranadica will play few reserve early in the season.

Back