Peel Thunder 2018

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So no finals for Peel?

Three teams fighting for fifth spot.

Perth, East Perth & Peel.
Perth vs Subiaco (only motivation for Subi is an unbeaten season, so they will win)
So yes it's an extra week of finals for Peel and East Perth.

If Eagles win this week they might rest some players, but it is in their interest for EP to make the finals.

Dockers have our farewell game for the retiring players.

So DP out of Peel.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Zac Clarke is playing well. Mind you the opposition was pretty crapola.

Is Clarke a serious chance to be drafted by West Coast?

Watching the insipid Freo game and a couple of passages where Brady Grey vs Tim Kelly. Those two in the WAFL a few years ago would have been a fairly equal contest but in the AFL today poles apart.

Danyle Pearce deserves a farewell game after his efforts today and the last few Peel games.
Yeah Brady has missed too much footy. He used to be dominant in the wafl getting 30 good touches every week. Seems he has improved his kicking but dropped production. Having said that, you would much prefer to be hanging off the skirt of Geelong than Freo atm

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Very average. Particularly when he had an opportunity to take an uncontested mark later in the game and ducked his head - it looked really bad. It was at a critical time in the game in Peels forward line - the ball was taken down the ground and Claremont goaled.
The follow up tackle attempt was very poor too

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't seen the last two games but there was a number of disinterested players after half time in the game against West Perth.

There was genuine enthusiasm in your ressies team last year among the AFL listed and WAFL players. I don't get that vibe this year.

Is there a chance that Ross really doesn't want the team to make the finals? I don't mean this as criticism just I remember an AFL coach (can't remember who for sure, think it was Malthouse) was of the belief that if his firsts weren't playing finals he didn't really want the ressies in because it threw the prep for the following season out.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Haven't seen the last two games but there was a number of disinterested players after half time in the game against West Perth.

There was genuine enthusiasm in your ressies team last year among the AFL listed and WAFL players. I don't get that vibe this year.

Is there a chance that Ross really doesn't want the team to make the finals? I don't mean this as criticism just I remember an AFL coach (can't remember who for sure, think it was Malthouse) was of the belief that if his firsts weren't playing finals he didn't really want the ressies in because it threw the prep for the following season out.
That would be slim I think. They aren't a genuine reserves side, more an alignment. And fringe players should always be doing their best. Perhaps players like Bennell could be instructed to hold back, but I doubt if that would have been the case.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Surely one of those deserves a game instead of McCarthy next week. Just to give them a taste
we had Johnson in the ruck for part of the game. Don't see the point in that. Nads should be tried. Would like Dixon to get a taste well. He really looks like he has a future. Sooner he gets a taste the better. Will give him an idea of what is required to succeed at the level.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
we had Johnson in the ruck for part of the game. Don't see the point in that. Nads should be tried. Would like Dixon to get a taste well. He really looks like he has a future. Sooner he gets a taste the better. Will give him an idea of what is required to succeed at the level.

I think they need two rucks in the Freo side, particularly with young rucks.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think they need two rucks in the Freo side, particularly with young rucks.
I agree - we got slaughtered in the middle. Darcy competed but is underdone and Tabs/Cox were no good rucking. In that second quarter Geelong seem to just waltz out of the centre at will.

Jones should get another crack.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I agree - we got slaughtered in the middle. Darcy competed but is underdone and Tabs/Cox were no good rucking. In that second quarter Geelong seem to just waltz out of the centre at will.

Jones should get another crack.
Geelong don't have a second ruck either, they use Blicavs. I don't think a second ruck is the solution, or if it is, then we really need someone more like English who can contribute around the ground rather than 3 tall forwards plus a 2nd ruck. But Logue vs Blicavs is the kind of contest we should be looking for in the future.

Right now I look at our side and think no matter what the question is, the answer is the midfield.

3k1jEZN.png

zXUUy0s.png

Back