Peel Thunder 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me thinks he was never a Freo fan, just a clever troll

His level of English proficiency dipped in and out depending on how much he wanted to wind people up. There were times it was near perfect, and other times it was near incomprehensible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Memia the mutilator mangled the English language like few others were capable of.

I always thought Meima was a Malaysian exchange student, just now on Gold Coast, or his he really in Malaysia pretending to be on the Gold Coast.

Never met him personally, but if he was studying English... took him a while to master it. Much better now than he was!

Has anyone heard who Peel are chasing with their 2nd ex-AFL player spot after taking Jackson Merrett with their 1st? I noticed Aaron Black is listed on the senior players list for some reason? Had thought he was looking to remain in Vic with the VFL in some capacity? Was also thinking Peel might be better trying to attract a KPD type instead for list balance but Black would be a good pickup for Peel.

On a related note the downside with the new mid-season draft is that the players coming in would have no clue of the game plan unless they play with the AFL clubs 2nds team (who generally share the same game plan). So would Freo have a look at Peel's players first as potential fill-ins (and similarly with other AFL clubs)?

edit - just found an article saying Black is helping coach Geelong's AFLW side and playing VFL - have no idea why he is on Peel's list of players?

Has anyone heard who Peel are chasing with their 2nd ex-AFL player spot after taking Jackson Merrett with their 1st? I noticed Aaron Black is listed on the senior players list for some reason? Had thought he was looking to remain in Vic with the VFL in some capacity? Was also thinking Peel might be better trying to attract a KPD type instead for list balance but Black would be a good pickup for Peel.

On a related note the downside with the new mid-season draft is that the players coming in would have no clue of the game plan unless they play with the AFL clubs 2nds team (who generally share the same game plan). So would Freo have a look at Peel's players first as potential fill-ins (and similarly with other AFL clubs)?

edit - just found an article saying Black is helping coach Geelong's AFLW side and playing VFL - have no idea why he is on Peel's list of players?

Have been unable to find the wafl fixtures for season 2019 have they been done yet
1544228041530_GA71VFJLQ.1-0.jpg

Hearing there's been a bit of an exodus of local talent out of Peel. Freo would need to stay healthy to win enough games I reckon.

Alex Bray (to EF)
Lachlan Riley (to Swans)
Jackson Capurso (to Subiaco)

Walsh, McGowan, McMahon, Merritt, Milward, Cohen, Jetta have all played League football and are unlikely to play in 2019. Thats a fair talent drain.

Hearing there's been a bit of an exodus of local talent out of Peel. Freo would need to stay healthy to win enough games I reckon.

Alex Bray (to EF)
Lachlan Riley (to Swans)
Jackson Capurso (to Subiaco)

Walsh, McGowan, McMahon, Merritt, Milward, Cohen, Jetta have all played League football and are unlikely to play in 2019. Thats a fair talent drain.

Pretty sure Capursco is Nathan Wilson's brother in law but I don't think he's played league yet. Maybe just looking for opportunities..

Bray looked a goer, so I think he's a good pick up for EF.

Walsh good enough to be playing league, but missed a lot with injuries over the past couple of seasons. Is he leaving WAFL or just Peel Thunder?

Pretty sure Capursco is Nathan Wilson's brother in law but I don't think he's played league yet. Maybe just looking for opportunities..

Bray looked a goer, so I think he's a good pick up for EF.

Walsh good enough to be playing league, but missed a lot with injuries over the past couple of seasons. Is he leaving WAFL or just Peel Thunder?

Walsh is nowhere near WAFL league standard. He’s playing in the Peel league apparently, as are most of the others leaving. A bit of cash being thrown around apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back