Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One_Wing

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Exactly. Hardly surprising.
It’s a bunch of our fringe players and rookies. No doubt there’s talent, but Subi are well coached and have played together for years
I wonder do the not AFL listed West Coast player train with the main group?

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
“How could a team with 15 afl listed players lose to Subi?”

Subi has won 3 flags in 5 years.
Peel is full of AFL listed kids. Some haven’t debuted most are under 15 games. Is it that surprising?
Not to mention the only side to go undefeated since the mighty old easts of’48

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Positive is Bennell finishing and 27 disposals. One more week and he’s in vs Port. What did we expect against the powerhouse of subi? A well drilled team and incredible base vs a team of individuals trying to get in AFL.
Stuff Subi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FreoGirl

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Positive is Bennell finishing and 27 disposals. One more week and he’s in vs Port. What did we expect against the powerhouse of subi? A well drilled team and incredible base vs a team of individuals trying to get in AFL.
Stuff Subi
Can’t see any point leaving Bennell at Peel for another week or more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Redgum

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
just goes to show the sum of banfield,giro,north,crowden,colyer are no match or class against a mere wafl team of midfielders. You wonder why we didn't look more at local talent. I suppose they are all relatively young and in time will meet our expectations, lets hope so.

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
just goes to show the sum of banfield,giro,north,crowden,colyer are no match or class against a mere wafl team of midfielders. You wonder why we didn't look more at local talent. I suppose they are all relatively young and in time will meet our expectations, lets hope so.
Banfield was local talent, F&B for Claremont and played very well in almost every game last year in his first year at the club. We've spudded him. That is we trained him as a beast midfield tagger, then said we don't need that position. Anyhow he hasn't been able get close to his form of last year.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really? Some listed there are rookies others late picks. Most 18 to 20 years. What are you expecting from speculative picks?

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe was an elite kick before Ross got hold of him.

Am I doing it right?
There is no professional sport in the world that the coach has said skills are not his responsibility to improve, except for Ross the Boss. Skills under pressure of top level performance needs to be trained for. You can't just expect a kick and giggle at training or at the park by yourself to develop or improve these skills.

Last edited:

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Fyfe was an elite kick before Ross got hold of him.

Am I doing it right?

What a load of rubbish - Fyfe has never been an elite kick. Elite at marking the ball - yes and a bull. He has always had to work on improving his kicking

Top Bottom