2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

skJ9mrZ.png

tDRkXPf.png

I feel sorry for that poor bastard running full tilt chasing Bennell for the first one. Dude never stood a chance but at least it will look good on review.
Think it was Brock Higgins the South Freo ruck - Would have loved to have drafted him on to our list instead of Jones

With respect to Peel next year, I was wondering if there should be a move to recruit a senior player, very late in their AFL career to a role as playing captain and assistant with a link to Freo.
I'll explain, 2020 player X is recruited as Peel player & Freo/Peel players assistant coach.
This would allow Freo's other assistant coaches to focus on the senior team.
I know all freo players train together, but this is more as a link between the clubs.
2021 or 2022, depending of fitness &/or form &/or mindset, player X could transition into a full-time Freo assistant coach with emphasis on the players at Peel.
This would provide more of a connection between the 2 clubs in my belief.
Player X would thus also have a career pathway for post-playing life.
I even have an idea for the player to offer the role to: David Myers, WA boy nearer the end than the start of his career, who is too good at lower levels, but hasn't quite done that well in the AFL, often due to injury, but has always displayed good character & this was emphasised when he dropped himself from the senior team recently. I have no idea if Mr Myers would be interested in this. For all I know he is a stockbroker off-field & has a great career already lined up.
What do people think of this idea?

With respect to Peel next year, I was wondering if there should be a move to recruit a senior player, very late in their AFL career to a role as playing captain and assistant with a link to Freo.
I'll explain, 2020 player X is recruited as Peel player & Freo/Peel players assistant coach.
This would allow Freo's other assistant coaches to focus on the senior team.
I know all freo players train together, but this is more as a link between the clubs.
2021 or 2022, depending of fitness &/or form &/or mindset, player X could transition into a full-time Freo assistant coach with emphasis on the players at Peel.
This would provide more of a connection between the 2 clubs in my belief.
Player X would thus also have a career pathway for post-playing life.
I even have an idea for the player to offer the role to: David Myers, WA boy nearer the end than the start of his career, who is too good at lower levels, but hasn't quite done that well in the AFL, often due to injury, but has always displayed good character & this was emphasised when he dropped himself from the senior team recently. I have no idea if Mr Myers would be interested in this. For all I know he is a stockbroker off-field & has a great career already lined up.
What do people think of this idea?
Good idea, although I would much rather a player who is an ex-docker. Not sure what happens with deBoer after this season, but he ticks boxes for me. Smart guy, and love the way he has worked his career. Does have a post playing career lined up, but may work as a transition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a faster Fyfe with elite footskills...
Such a thing would be the greatest footballer in the history of the game so I'm not going to hold out for that one.

I'll take a half that player and be happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back