2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Confirmed it on Monday or Tuesday this week when I checked the fixtures on WAFL site. I then made another commitment on Saturday until 12.30 pm. Like I said we wanted to make a day of it and not often we all get together, so Sunday was great.

If they knew weeks ago who did they tell?
Me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was watching Quaynor tonight looking comfortable for the Pies on debut and it got me thinking about Sam Sturt who torched him in the TAC Grand Final last year.

I read the last few pages and it's great to see Sturt play well on his return last week. 19D, 7 marks and 2 goals is a Sam Sturt style game. He was one of my favorites last year.

Didn't know he had been having concussion issues. I think i saw an allusion to him having more than 1 concussion. Is this correct?. I hope not. I've been checking in here intermittently to see his progress but there hasn't been a lot to see. Hope he finishes the year with an uninterrupted run. This was always gonna be a development year.
A good game this week should see him debut the following week. We need his class.

stax on the mull

Club Legend
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Couple of those glimpses of Sturt in marking contests in this weeks WAFL highlights against Swans are encouraging.

The first one he judges the mark at the back as the taller players come across the contest, and then the goal he snaps at the end of the clip is after bringing the ball to ground after standing in front of Tony Notte, who is one of the better marks in the WAFL.

Stars align

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anybody know how far in advance the channel 7 broadcast schedule lists wafl games and if so do peel have any coming up. May be wrong but can only remember them being on television once this season.

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have just noticed this game is livestream. Is that through the wafl site or dockers?
I saw that as well. Apparently this is an initiative of WCE media for their games so won't be on our site.

You can go to you tube and search west coast eagles live stream and the game should be there around 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FD2646

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2008
on the computer
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
west perth, warriors
Getting destroyed early- no forward system, no goals in the quarter and that is an all too familiar theme. Banfield getting a stack of it and Duman looking good.

stax on the mull

Club Legend
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
There's not much connection around the clearances although it got a bit better towards half time, but these players hardly know each other from week to week.

Crowden out, Banfield back, Howlett and Valente in there today played less than a handful of WAFL league games between them this season, Meek rucking last week, Jones this week (contesting strongly) - and on top of not training with the other Peel players - it becomes a cobbled together team week by week depending on who is available. Must be a nightmare to coach.

Top Bottom