2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

“How could a team with 15 afl listed players lose to Subi?”

Subi has won 3 flags in 5 years.
Peel is full of AFL listed kids. Some haven’t debuted most are under 15 games. Is it that surprising?
Not to mention the only side to go undefeated since the mighty old easts of’48

Positive is Bennell finishing and 27 disposals. One more week and he’s in vs Port. What did we expect against the powerhouse of subi? A well drilled team and incredible base vs a team of individuals trying to get in AFL.
Stuff Subi

Can’t see any point leaving Bennell at Peel for another week or more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

just goes to show the sum of banfield,giro,north,crowden,colyer are no match or class against a mere wafl team of midfielders. You wonder why we didn't look more at local talent. I suppose they are all relatively young and in time will meet our expectations, lets hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just goes to show the sum of banfield,giro,north,crowden,colyer are no match or class against a mere wafl team of midfielders. You wonder why we didn't look more at local talent. I suppose they are all relatively young and in time will meet our expectations, lets hope so.
Banfield was local talent, F&B for Claremont and played very well in almost every game last year in his first year at the club. We've spudded him. That is we trained him as a beast midfield tagger, then said we don't need that position. Anyhow he hasn't been able get close to his form of last year.

Really? Some listed there are rookies others late picks. Most 18 to 20 years. What are you expecting from speculative picks?

Fyfe was an elite kick before Ross got hold of him.

Am I doing it right?
There is no professional sport in the world that the coach has said skills are not his responsibility to improve, except for Ross the Boss. Skills under pressure of top level performance needs to be trained for. You can't just expect a kick and giggle at training or at the park by yourself to develop or improve these skills.

Last edited:
Banfield was local talent, F&B for Claremont and played very well in almost every game last year in his first year at the club. We've spudded him. That is we trained him as a beast midfield tagger, then said we don't need that position. Anyhow he hasn't been able get close to his form of last year.
I don't see what he has offered that indicates he is best 22 in any other position. He got a bit of a go as a defensive forward, and was ok. I struggle to see what other position he could be considered for unless he shows his ability at Peel.

Went and watched peel today for the first time in a while. What an eye opener.
I’ve seen tall trees that could ruck better than meek and jones. Yes they got there hand on the ball but never to advantage. Delahunty gave them a lesson around the ground.
McCarthy is an elite kick but doesn’t get it enough and is too often way out of position.
Banfeild was good when he was moved into the middle in the last half.
Colyer, north, Schultz were ineffective. Crowden doesn’t look like someone pushing into an afl team. Looks like he can only play inside and his ball use is only average.
There hands are slow and there decision making is poor at best.
I doubt many of the Freo listed players would get a game for subi. Some of the subi guys must wonder how these blokes get drafted.
On the plus side Bennell was good until Hoskins tagged him out of the game.
Logue did some good things but looks like someone who has missed 2 yrs.
Giro looks lively as an outside mid but did a knee today.
Carter was useful but got found out a few times defensively when peel turned it over.
Luckily we picked up a bloke playing ressies for east Freo in the mid season draft. That should help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back