freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Got there for the last 1/4 McCarthy finished on the bench any news if he got through
Dixon was playing full back did he play all game there ?

McCarthy was fine that may have put him away towards the end of the game. Dixon was backline and relief ruck. Has a great leap on him and looks good on occasions but is not getting near the ball enough to challenge for a spot.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now the disappointment has subsided, not the worst “ins” to have considering we never had Bennell in the firsts anyway.
To my mind we've fulfilled with our rebuild the first of two main requirements for a squad that can compete for a flag: one that even with a few injuries has a gameday bottom 6 of AFL quality players.
The second part: top end talent that doesn't wilt in Prelims / Grannies, we will obviously have to wait and see.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now the disappointment has subsided, not the worst “ins” to have considering we never had Bennell in the firsts anyway.
Also could only be a week or two for McCarthy to shine - make or break. Dardy’s previous game finished well and seemed to go ok in conditions that were terrible for marking before being rested up. We’ll know how long Hogan is out for but a week or two to show us how much he wants it. No reason why he can’t play with Hogan and Cox/Lobb.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Nyhuis looks like he wants back in the side, working his butt off. I've always liked him as a player and he's better than Banfield, gives us an option of rolling Logue up to the forward line for spells.
I'd be surprised if the match committee doesn't reward him with another call-up.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Nyhuis looks like he wants back in the side, working his butt off. I've always liked him as a player and he's better than Banfield, gives us an option of rolling Logue up to the forward line for spells.
I'd be surprised if the match committee doesn't reward him with another call-up.

Could he take Blakely role in the back line, allowing him to move to the midfield?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Letting Fyfe and Mundy play a bit more forward would be a bonus. I feel they need a bit more of a rest, especially Mundy
Yeah. I’m all for Nyhuis to come in and even Banfield to do some grunt work in the middle. That way can rotate Fyfe/ Mundy forward. Even Jones to come in, against Carlton’s lack of rucks to force a tall up forward too. Helps us structurally and stop the key defender peeling off our smalls and marking in the other contest. Big problem after Hogan went down injured. Frost from Melbourne really limited our attacks at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
I rate him too but he seems to be one of those players that the Match Committee takes forever to pick but then first player they drop. Unfortunately I can see us delisting him this year. Not sure what the knock on him is?

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
I rate him too but he seems to be one of those players that the Match Committee takes forever to pick but then first player they drop. Unfortunately I can see us delisting him this year. Not sure what the knock on him is?
Please don't use the term "match committee" when describing a situation you are not happy about - it's Ross.

Match committee only exists when good decisions are made.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Depth who can come in and play a role is a great asset. Not sure why he would be delisted. Very handy to have on the list, although I am sure it must look a bit daunting for him when you take a look at our first choice backline.

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Depth who can come in and play a role is a great asset. Not sure why he would be delisted. Very handy to have on the list, although I am sure it must look a bit daunting for him when you take a look at our first choice backline.
I think he is on the rookie list?. thought he will have to be promoted or delisted this year. May have the wrong end of the stick on that score.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I think he is on the rookie list?. thought he will have to be promoted or delisted this year. May have the wrong end of the stick on that score.
Oh, I think you may be right. But I would keep/promote him. I think we have enough players who won't be around next year anyway. But the trade/delist season is full of surprises.

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Oh, I think you may be right. But I would keep/promote him. I think we have enough players who won't be around next year anyway. But the trade/delist season is full of surprises.
Oh absolutely I would keep him too. We will have to wait and see.🤷‍♂️

y18KKwi.png

bsUdVKt.png

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Valente and O’Rielly both in the McGoo’s again. Half time for them, they’re going ok. Valente on target for some good numbers.
Both on managed minutes.

Also good to see some integrity in selection. With those upgraded from Peel reserves been in good form. The reserves have had a good couple of weeks.

Back