2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea. Maybe a Peel call? It’s their home game so they lose out if it’s played at Optus.
I would have preferred Optus and maybe they don't get anything for playing a home game there although I'm sure a deal with them being given seats to see to their members could have been worked out.

However, I thought the next best option was Sunday so organised for family to meet in Mandurah and make a day of it ... until they seemed to have changed the day and time only a few days ago. Why do that? Now we can't see the game and would be interested in how may turn up.

I would have preferred Optus and maybe they don't get anything for playing a home game there although I'm sure a deal with them being given seats to see to their members could have been worked out.

However, I thought the next best option was Sunday so organised for family to meet in Mandurah and make a day of it ... until they seemed to have changed the day and time only a few days ago. Why do that? Now we can't see the game and would be interested in how may turn up.

Firstly the club (Peel) has the womans game as a curtin raiser to the WAFL league game, and then I assume a colts game after the league game so its a big day for the venue and club who rely on this income to survive, bar takings, hospitality etc, etc. So a few free seats isn't going to cut it, and I'm sure the WAFC and/or Optus stadium couldn't give two shits about compensating them for that.

Secondly, how long ago did you plan your family day? The club (Peel) knew that the game was on Saturday at 12 noon weeks ago so not sure when it was changed.

Last edited:
The curtain raiser benefits the WC more than Peel. Where WC are listed as the home team the game is played either at the non-WC venue or at another venue as agreed to by the non-WC team. Likely only one curtain raiser each year between Peel and WC reserves with the 10 team comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly the club (Peel) has the womans game as a curtin raiser to the WAFL league game, and then I assume a colts game after the league game so its a big day for the venue and club who rely on this income to survive, bar takings, hospitality etc, etc. So a few free seats isn't going to cut it, and I'm sure the WAFC and/or Optus stadium couldn't give two s**ts about compensating them for that.

Secondly, how long ago did you plan your family day? The club (Peel) knew that the game was on Saturday at 12 noon weeks ago so not sure when it was changed.
Confirmed it on Monday or Tuesday this week when I checked the fixtures on WAFL site. I then made another commitment on Saturday until 12.30 pm. Like I said we wanted to make a day of it and not often we all get together, so Sunday was great.

If they knew weeks ago who did they tell?

Confirmed it on Monday or Tuesday this week when I checked the fixtures on WAFL site. I then made another commitment on Saturday until 12.30 pm. Like I said we wanted to make a day of it and not often we all get together, so Sunday was great.

I think you may have misread the site, I have a PDF of the fixture and it says Peel was always playing on Saturday this week, most WAFL games are on Saturdays barring like a public holiday or something

PDF attached, downloaded before the season

Attachments

• wafl-fixtures.pdf
    564 KB · Views: 258
I think you may have misread the site, I have a PDF of the fixture and it says Peel was always playing on Saturday this week, most WAFL games are on Saturdays barring like a public holiday or something

PDF attached, downloaded before the season
Thanks, I've been to the majority of WAFL games this year mostly on Saturdays. But the Peel V WC game was on Sunday along with another Sunday fixture on the WAFL site until Monday or Tuesday this week.

Scamm said they knew for ages it was on a Saturday noon weeks ago so was it changed to Sunday and back to Saturday?

I'm pissed off because I still would have gone by myself but made another commitment when I double checked the WAFL site to make sure the game was on a Sunday.

Thanks, I've been to the majority of WAFL games this year mostly on Saturdays. But the Peel V WC game was on Sunday along with another Sunday fixture on the WAFL site until Monday or Tuesday this week.

Scamm said they knew for ages it was on a Saturday noon weeks ago so was it changed to Sunday and back to Saturday?
No idea, maybe hit them up on Facebook private message and ask.

WAFL site may have got it wrong too, that would certainly be interesting but wouldn't put it past them.

I was watching Quaynor tonight looking comfortable for the Pies on debut and it got me thinking about Sam Sturt who torched him in the TAC Grand Final last year.

I read the last few pages and it's great to see Sturt play well on his return last week. 19D, 7 marks and 2 goals is a Sam Sturt style game. He was one of my favorites last year.

Didn't know he had been having concussion issues. I think i saw an allusion to him having more than 1 concussion. Is this correct?. I hope not. I've been checking in here intermittently to see his progress but there hasn't been a lot to see. Hope he finishes the year with an uninterrupted run. This was always gonna be a development year.

I was watching Quaynor tonight looking comfortable for the Pies on debut and it got me thinking about Sam Sturt who torched him in the TAC Grand Final last year.

I read the last few pages and it's great to see Sturt play well on his return last week. 19D, 7 marks and 2 goals is a Sam Sturt style game. He was one of my favorites last year.

Didn't know he had been having concussion issues. I think i saw an allusion to him having more than 1 concussion. Is this correct?. I hope not. I've been checking in here intermittently to see his progress but there hasn't been a lot to see. Hope he finishes the year with an uninterrupted run. This was always gonna be a development year.

Yes he's very raw and needs a bit more bulk. I did see the report on the game and highlights of him v Quaynor.

I think he's had two concussions this season and one last. So important for life after footy that these things are taken with a cautious approach.

I hope he too finishes the season off well.

Last edited:

Me.

A good game this week should see him debut the following week. We need his class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back