2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Said this time and time again. We need to train the Peel lads together twice a week, need to invite them. At evenings as most players from Peel work.
As far as I'm aware apart, the AFL have rules against players that aren't on an AFL list training with their AFl affiliated club. Also applies to the ammos on the Eagles list. The club has to get written permission for times they get non AFL listed players to train with them.

There are no rules against our players training with Peel, which is what I assume they do one or twice a week. If not why not? There is the "Captains run" the day or night before the WAFL games that the team would have a light workout which should be exempt fro the rules I think.

Same stuff as trying to train/develop Cox over the pre season as a CHB..
Thought we were over this KPF trialing out as a backman when they should be a forward ala Pavlich in the middle and Mcpharlin up forward
Heard Billy talking about Cox on his radio segment a while back and when he was asked what position does Cox prefer, he said Back. So maybe he is naturally a back, although he has a very good kick for goal he doesn't look like a confident forward in smarts or positioning.

Watching South Freo play WC at Freo oval last weekend there was a huge difference in player size and skills. Souths are one of the better WAFL sides going around and usually compete well but it was boys versus men, professionals versus amateurs.
It's no surprise to me that they were too good for Peel from what had happened versus Souths.
The WA football commission may well have created a monster that could derail the whole competition.
Interestingly WC had some supporters at Fremantle oval and a few of them were extremely obnoxious while sitting in Souths members area, more poor form when not a single one of them bothered to support the WAFL club by going into the bar post game as is the usual way at those games. More like a locust plague than a footy club at that level.
WC are way way better than any of the WAFL clubs atm so it will probably be a Subi v WC GF??
Souths lost to Claremont on Saturday and I think people are being harsh on Peel who've won some very good games this year and are currently above WC on the ladder.

Both Peel and WC had 14 or 15 AFL listed players on the weekend. Peel had two ex Essendon players, Howlett and Merrett who played well while WC had Brady Grey and the nearly 40 year old Drew Petrie.

Therefore it should have been an equal contest with WC who had ammos (one very good one that scored 4.3) filling in while Peel had WAFL players, including the very good Ryan Bennell. It wasn't and it could be that on the day our young AFL listed players were not as good as their young players as well as the systems they have in place in clearances and forward structure are better than ours.

From the stats goal kicking accuracy was appalling and very good WC defence meant Peel mucked around with the ball before taking any shots and had 20 less marks. The advantage of 20 extra hit outs went begging.

As far as I'm aware apart, the AFL have rules against players that aren't on an AFL list training with their AFl affiliated club. Also applies to the ammos on the Eagles list. The club has to get written permission for times they get non AFL listed players to train with them.

There are no rules against our players training with Peel, which is what I assume they do one or twice a week. If not why not? There is the "Captains run" the day or night before the WAFL games that the team would have a light workout which should be exempt fro the rules I think.

There are rules on how much time they are allowed to be at football work associated activities i.e. only so much training per week. So if you want them to train with Peel, they'd have to not train with Freo (not sure if allowed) or do it off their own bat (AFLPA would probably take a dim view).

There are rules on how much time they are allowed to be at football work associated activities i.e. only so much training per week. So if you want them to train with Peel, they'd have to not train with Freo (not sure if allowed) or do it off their own bat (AFLPA would probably take a dim view).
WC don't train at all with their tops up players until a team is pickd and there is a "captains run through" the day before.
So probably very similar to Us and Peel.

Non listed AFL players were asked on a rotating basis to train with Weagles AFL group in the pre season, with written permission as per the rules.

From my understanding the VFL affiliate teams require their AFl listed players to train with them, so they deal with the player training demands of the AFL clubs.

Heard Billy talking about Cox on his radio segment a while back and when he was asked what position does Cox prefer, he said Back. So maybe he is naturally a back, although he has a very good kick for goal he doesn't look like a confident forward in smarts or positioning.
Dropped mark and a weak tackle on Casboult to end the Carlton game will probably end any hope he has playing down back in the near future

I made an incorrect generalisation with the Peel teams saying our young players may not be as good as WC young players. I don't think that is the case.

However WAFL is a high standard competition and if I had to make a more correct generalisation from Peel V WC if would be that we played more young inexperienced players such as Valentene, Stuart, North, Carter and O'Reilly who probably should be playing reserves. Most of their similar young players like X. O'Neil, J. Brander, Harry Edwards and P. Bines were rested or injured.

njHoERu.png

cHTPAt0.png

I hadn’t seen the stats. I thought Bell got a touch up from Rotham but didn’t realise it was to those proportions!!!

I hardly noticed O’Rielly. Did sfa from watching at the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back